Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Would you bring your baby?
Previous  1  2

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:18 pm
I don't think the dept of health guidelines regarding outbreaks and dates really helps. If I was an anti vaxer, and my kid got measles I don't think I would take my kid to the doctor.
Unless the anti vaxers are just a different type and are proud that their kid got it.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:22 pm
If you have the option to leave your baby home, that's always the best option anyway for your sanity, for the baby's health, sleep, etc. If it's a choice between coming with your baby and not coming at all, that's a different question.

gamanit

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:30 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
If you have the option to leave your baby home, that's always the best option anyway for your sanity, for the baby's health, sleep, etc. If it's a choice between coming with your baby and not coming at all, that's a different question.

For nursing babies it's more complicated especially if they don't take a bottle. I have gone to simchas with a pump though and enjoyed the night (mostly) off. B"H my kids all had no problem with bottles.

little neshamala

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
My pediatrician said otherwise.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/r.....6.htm

This is a link to one of many studies that show that infants (breastfed or not) steadily lose their maternal immunity with every month.

They measured measles antibodies periodically and found they lasted a median of 2.61 months- 3.78 months for infants of naturally immune women, and 0.97 months for infants of vaccinated women. At 6 months of age, over 99% of infants of vaccinated women had no immunity

This is not an isolated study. Everywhere I search I find articles saying measles imunity in breastfed infants begins wearing off after 1 month

nchr

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:34 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
My baby who was not vaccinated yet had an exposure reaction to the measles without getting sick. I am immune (positive titres) and he was exclusively nursing at the time. There's no guarantee but if you know for sure that you're immune and you're exclusively nursing I would bring him but keep him close to me at all times.

The immunity for MMR does come from the uterus, but it lasts around 6 months, at which point it begins to wane. We also don't know how much protection it offers. What happened to your baby - Just trying to figure out what exposure reaction means?

gamanit

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:34 pm
little neshamala wrote:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100518230526.htm

This is a link to one of many studies that show that infants (breastfed or not) steadily lose their maternal immunity with every month.

They measured measles antibodies periodically and found they lasted a median of 2.61 months- 3.78 months for infants of naturally immune women, and 0.97 months for infants of vaccinated women. At 6 months of age, over 99% of infants of vaccinated women had no immunity

This is not an isolated study. Everywhere I search I find articles saying measles imunity in breastfed infants begins wearing off after 1 month

That changes if the mother is exposed to measles though. This is only if there is no measles going around. The mother's body will prioritize other antibodies for the baby. If the mother has been exposed the breastmilk will start including antibodies again. Either way the mother would have to be exposed either at the same time or before the baby for this to help. If only the baby is exposed and the mother is not, it's problematic.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics