Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Kitchen design: eat-in table, or bar?
Previous  1  2

thanks

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:14 pm
My island has bar stools on one side. Can you do something like that? Maybe on two or more sides?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 5:01 pm
Maybe a smaller table that can go against the wall? I like a table and this is what we do for now. We have young kids and I don't want to be cleaning the dining room chairs walls after every breakfast. We can't fit everyone around the kitchen table and kind of eat in shifts during the week.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 8:09 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
Rubber Ducky wrote:
In general, a table and chairs. But how is it that a bar would have to face the wall if there's room for a table and chairs?

Sounds to me like the design should be analyzed more closely. Maybe you're missing something.[/quote

It's a different space.

I can get in extra counters and cabinets if for eating I just put a bar against another wall, but if I eliminate those counters and cabinets, I have approximately 8 feet by 8 feet of space.
Is that enough space for a kitchen table seating minimum six people? (Chairs or benches)

You can get a booth into an 8X8 space. L-shape with chairs on the second long side, U-shape, or push the table against the wall and have seating on the 2 sides. Table width 30" - 36" and length 60" - 72" depending on what else is going on there. Benches take up less room than chairs, and you will have to get a trestle or pedestal table.

In my residential and kitchen design business, I find that people strongly prefer tables to bars. And a bar facing a blank wall is the worst!

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:08 pm
Kitchen is hot, noisy, smells...

aricelli

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:10 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Kitchen is hot, noisy, smells...

My kitchen is warm, cozy and heart: My kids only want to be where mom is!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics