Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who is today's gadol hador? who see women for brachos
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:44 pm
Rav Chaim Kanievsky does not see women. What about the other ones?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:43 pm
the new "Skulener Rebbe"

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:23 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
the new "Skulener Rebbe"

While I'm sure he's growing to be a very special leader, he is definitely not currently the "Gadol Hador".

Learning

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:58 pm
Grab Chaim kanyevki is a tzadik hador but I don’t think he was ever considered Gadol hador. His father the stipler was Gadol hador.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:50 am
Learning wrote:
Grab Chaim kanyevki is a tzadik hador but I don’t think he was ever considered Gadol hador. His father the stipler was Gadol hador.

In chareidi Litvish circles in EY Reb Chaim Kanievsky is definitely The Gdol HaDor and the only one (to the best of my knowledge) who is also titled Sar HaTorah.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:53 am
R' Chaim and R' Gershon Eidelstien.

Learning

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:47 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
R' Chaim and R' Gershon Eidelstien.

That right. Each one of them is for different topics. Rav eidelstien is more Halacha and rav Chaim is more for everything else

Pollyanna

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:11 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Rav Shimon Galai (I think that’s who it is- he eats a lot of honey, speaks in Yiddish) sees men and women.
I think it’s hard to pinpoint a gadol hador in this day and age, where there are so many different trains of thought in Judaism. I would never even think to go to some of the people mentioned here, because they are not of the same train of thought as I am. There are numerous people who are talmidei chachamim and gedolim b’torah, but I really can’t say who is a gadol hador.

When it comes to a giant like Rav Chaim, "train of thought" is not relevant. He's a living Sefer Torah, rare in our generation, may he live till 120 amen.

I understand in your community, Rav Galai is more heard of. I love learning about Gedolim, I try to tell my kids stories about gedolim as much as I can. Can you share something inspiring we can learn from him?

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:59 pm
I went with someone to R' Gamliel Rabinovitch and he gave a beautiful bracha. She has since seen a yeshua.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I went with someone to R' Gamliel Rabinovitch and he gave a beautiful bracha. She has since seen a yeshua.

Where is he located, & does anyone have relevant contact info?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:07 pm
Learning wrote:
That right. Each one of them is for different topics. Rav eidelstien is more Halacha and rav Chaim is more for everything else

Can anyone post also for these Rabbonim, do they see women & does anyone have contact info? Thanks!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 3:40 pm
R' Shmuel Kaminetsky definitely sees women. I've gone with DH to see him on more than one occasion, and was amazed at the time and patience he gave us, clearly answering questions we brought along. Very worth driving out to Philadelphia for the experience.

NaamaGold

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 4:53 am
I think there are two questions here.

Baruch Hashem there are many Gedolim in all parts of the world that support us and the torah world.

Some of them see women and some do not but may receive notes on their behalf.

I would look for a gadol most accessible to you.

Hashem shines his light on all of them.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 3:39 pm
If you don’t live in the USA can you call or have contact with the skverer rebbe like sent a kvittel from abroad?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Apr 04 2021, 10:51 pm
forgetit wrote:
I think alot of ppl go to the Skvere Rebbe and he takes both men and women. I don't know any details about this or how to go about arranging, I just remember hearing about this from others. Skver often invites groups from Manhattan girls school for Shabbos and they are then given the opportunity to go into the rebbe for an audience.
IN EY, R' Chaim Kanievsky is a go too gadol.

Interesting.

I married into a family that has a connection to Skver that goes back many, many years. My in laws go for brachos occasionally and when we got engaged they brought me along with my now DH to get a bracha as well. The men and women wait in separate waiting rooms. I was with my MIL so I was fine with that. We were finally brought in to see the rebbe hours after our appointment time and my FIL and chassan were given chairs at the table with the rebbe while my MIL and I were left to stand in the corner. Finally they brought 1 chair for us to share. I felt extremely uncomfortable and I've never gone back myself (this was over 10 years ago) although I have no problem with DH going with his parents if he wants.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics