Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
If you don’t vaccinate
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:11 pm
Do you:
Use shampoo and deoderant?
Inhale second hand smoke?
Live where there is pollution?
Eat food that may have preserves and chemicals and hormones?
Wash laundry with detergent?
Use cell phones?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:21 pm
You must be bored out of your mind.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:38 pm
If you DO vaccinate, do you:

Consider yourself immune to everything, so feel free to go to work with a fever?
Pass around RSV to newborns because since there is no vaccine it is nothing to worry about?
Take your small babies around and expose them to everyone's germs because hey, they're vaccinated?
Treat your doctor's words as divine and never do your own research?

Is vaccinating PART of a life where you take normal hishtadlus and are considerate of others, or the ONLY thing you do to be considerate of others?

Life isn't all black and white.

(All my kids that were old enough got the MMR.)

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you:
Use shampoo and deoderant?
Inhale second hand smoke?
Live where there is pollution?
Eat food that may have preserves and chemicals and hormones?
Wash laundry with detergent?
Use cell phones?

Most items in my home are free of chemicals and hormones etc.
Besides, vaccines go straight into the blood stream without bypassing the natural barriers

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:10 pm
[quote="amother [ Burgundy ]"]If you DO vaccinate, do you:

Consider yourself immune to everything, so feel free to go to work with a fever?
Pass around RSV to newborns because since there is no vaccine it is nothing to worry about?
Take your small babies around and expose them to everyone's germs because hey, they're vaccinated?
No, I don't do any of those things.

Of course not. B'H for the internet, so I can make my own decisions.

Is vaccinating PART of a life where you take normal hishtadlus and are considerate of others, or the ONLY thing you do to be considerate of others?
We are partners with Hashem, and He makes the final decisions. [/quote="amother [ Burgundy ]"]

Why are you amother?

batya315

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:32 pm
[quote="FranticFrummie"]
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

No, I don't do any of those things.

Of course not. B'H for the internet, so I can make my own decisions.

We are partners with Hashem, and He makes the final decisions. [/quote="amother [ Burgundy ]"]

Why are you amother?

Awesome! LOL

amother
Gray

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:00 pm
My children are all grown now, but I was a “crunchy” mom when they were babies, I was against vax, never fed them anything that wasn’t made by me fresh and organic before organic became a thing, never used plastic containers, etc

But when I told their pediatrician that I was anti vax, he said “I’ve seen children die due to not being vaccinated, do you want to take that chance?”

I asked him if he vaccinated his own children, he said yes.

So I trusted him, went against my crunchy mom view and had all my children vaccinated.

I still made my own baby food for them, still put everything in glass containers instead of plastic, still had very little sugar in my home etc
BUT I gave in to his knowledge and I’m happy I did.

You can vaccinate and still adhere to being a “crunchy mom”.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:43 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Most items in my home are free of chemicals and hormones etc.
Besides, vaccines go straight into the blood stream without bypassing the natural barriers

Um...do you know what a chemical is? There are chemicals in everything.

amother [ Gray ] wrote:
My children are all grown now, but I was a “crunchy” mom when they were babies, I was against vax, never fed them anything that wasn’t made by me fresh and organic before organic became a thing, never used plastic containers, etc

But when I told their pediatrician that I was anti vax, he said “I’ve seen children die due to not being vaccinated, do you want to take that chance?”

So I trusted him, went against my crunchy mom view and had all my children vaccinated.

I still made my own baby food for them, still put everything in glass containers instead of plastic, still had very little sugar in my home etc

I was pretty much the same way. I was worried about vaccinating but worried about the diseases too. I spoke with my child's doctor, who BH did not dismiss my concerns but told me that he, too, worries for his children when he vaccinates them but still vaccinates them on time. And my child is fully vaccinated (delayed, with permission from that doctor, but I don't even think I'd do that next time around; I'm probably vaccinating on time in future).

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:00 am
Either way, please choose your words with sensitivity. All posters are human beings.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:02 am
If your child ingests poison by mistake, do you give him more because he already had some anyways?

meme6

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 3:43 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
If your child ingests poison by mistake, do you give him more because he already had some anyways?

So if your child needed chemo which we all know is curing but yet toxic for the body would you still do it?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 4:26 am
meme6 wrote:
So if your child needed chemo which we all know is curing but yet toxic for the body would you still do it?

I was answering the OP's question.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:03 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Either way, please choose your words with sensitivity. All posters are human beings.

Being a rodef puts them in a different human category.
(Slightly kidding)

momsrus

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:10 am

Why? You can’t handle them being home from school?

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:19 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

The world could learn something from you. Write a book, speak, and get the message out there. You combined the best of both worlds.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:37 am
meme6 wrote:

Chemo is used to treat a deadly illness one already has.
The MMR vaccine is given to healthy people to hopefully prevent a much much much less deadly one time childhood virus. What is the comparison here?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:44 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Chemo is used to treat a deadly illness one already has.
The MMR vaccine is given to healthy people to hopefully prevent a much much much less deadly one time childhood virus. What is the comparison here?

Let me start by letting you know that anyone with cancer or a suppressed immune system can actually die. There are long term effects from measles it’s extremely painful to children. There are children right now in the icu from measles and not only one kid . The disease is fast paced and spreads like wildfire. So you giving the shots is preventing your child from suffering and preventing others from dying.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:52 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Let me start by letting you know that anyone with cancer or a suppressed immune system can actually die. There are long term effects from measles it’s extremely painful to children. There are children right now in the icu from measles and not only one kid . The disease is fast paced and spreads like wildfire. So you giving the shots is preventing your child from suffering and preventing others from dying.

I’m pro vax btw. I just never understood that comparison. Cancer and measles prevention is not the same category. It wouldn’t be worth it even to cure measles with something as intense and toxic as chemo. The reason one uses chemo is as a last resort because the person will in most cases die without it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:47 am
momsrus wrote:
[/b]

Why? You can’t handle them being home from school?

That was nasty. I actually have homeschooled multiple times. I most certainly can "handle" my kids. I hope you can, also, when it is in their best interest.

No, I gave the MMR because I am willing to tolerate a certain level of risk to my own children to prevent them from possibly giving measles (which is unusually contagious) to others.

I'm still an anti-vaxxer, though.

I wasn't saying that all those who vaccinate are inconsiderate, but the polarization of this debate seems to try to be painting those who vaccinate as the epitome of good, and those who find vaccinating of questionable benefit as the epitome of evil. I was pointing out that there are inconsiderate vaxxers AND anti-vaxxers. We're all a mixed bag. That was addressing the premise of the OP, who seemed to feel that you have no right to avoid vaccination unless you are a perfect paragon of holistic and natural health.

The same way I don't say "since you spread RSV, don't take the MMR", it is unfair to say "if you use plastic, you MUST take the MMR." They are separate issues.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:48 am

You're joking, right?
"Unishmartem meod lenafshoseichem" includes taking precautionary measures. I am as immune to everything I can possibly be, as are my kids, because I am a responsible adult and parent. I did as much as I can. There is no vaccine to RSV, but if there was, I would have vaccinated on Day 1. I NEVER take my kids around town nowadays because of the evil anti vaxxers. I work in the medical field, so I know what to trust when it comes to what my doctor says.
I vaccinate so that my kids and I dont have to suffer, as well as not spread awful diseases.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics