Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
I could use your help -mommy3b2c
1  2  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:05 am
Hi everyone.

I am looking for a location to run my basketball program for the fall Iyh. It can be a Y, school, sports center... it doesn’t matter. Any place that is willing to rent out basketball courts. Please give me your ideas. I’m kind of getting desperate.

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:13 am
Can you reserve a park?

Here in Lakewood many parks are equipped with basketball courts.
I think teams are able to reserve the courts.

Obviously if it’s raining hard, basketball is canceled but my kids have enjoyed their basketball games even in a chilly drizzle.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:15 am
This is for the winter. So a park won’t work. Needs to be indoors.

Fabulous

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:16 am
I’m Flatbush there is east Midwood, which is on ocean ave and k and L. Also, the aviator. Also, Kingsway, which is on Nostrand and King’s highway

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:18 am
Fabulous wrote:
I’m Flatbush there is east Midwood, which is on ocean ave and k and L. Also, the aviator. Also, Kingsway, which is on Nostrand and King’s highway

Thanks. I will try east midwood.
I have aviator booked already. I used kingsway this season, but they have another program booked for the fall. I might not be able to get it again.

Any other ideas? Anyone know which public schools allow rentals?

cnc

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:28 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I have aviator booked already. I used kingsway this season, but they have another program booked for the fall. I might not be able to get it again.

Call public schools in the neighborhood that you want and see what they say. It’s not a rental usually- it requires a permit. Present it as a community program.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:28 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Yeshiva of Flatbush also has (had?) a basketball court, but I know nothing about whether they rent. I also know that what used to be Shulamit had one, but before I moved out of NYC I thought that Shulamit closed down, so not sure if that facility is still there.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:20 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Yeshiva of Flatbush also has (had?) a basketball court, but I know nothing about whether they rent. I also know that what used to be Shulamit had one, but before I moved out of NYC I thought that Shulamit closed down, so not sure if that facility is still there.

Yeshiva is flatbush said no.

Any more ideas?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:38 am
Try other yeshivos with basketball courts. I know Chaim Berlin has one, and I imagine Torah V'daas, Mir, Kaminetz, YOB, and others probably also have. Maybe you can find one that could use the money and will let you use it, especially if they go upstate and don't really use it in the summer. Also try the big public schools - Edward R. Murrow, Gil Hodges, etc.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:50 am
I don't really have ideas for you, but I'm interested in signing up my son!! I would love info.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yeshiva is flatbush said no.

Any more ideas?

Maybe the Jewish community house in Bensonhurst, if it's not too far? I think they have one. Honestly, if they allow it, it's a pretty quick drive down King's Highway or Bay parkway, depending where people are coming from, so shouldn't be too terrible. Magen David Yeshiva is right across from it, but no clue if they have one or would be willing to rent it out if they did.

The only other thing I did was Google "basketball court rental Brooklyn", which you probably already did, and something called the Hebrew Educational Society popped up in Canarsie but I know nothing about it.

Fabulous

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:07 pm
Maybe Ruach Chaim?

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:11 pm
The district you live in should make the public school facilities available to recreational activities for people that live in that district (even private affairs).

AFAIK you do NOT need a permit (unless it involves gambling such as raffles). Call them and inquire about Facilities Usage and how you can get a form to apply. In our area it's open on Sundays to rec teams like this you just need to register the dates beforehand. They'll ask questions such as who's responsible, what accommodations you need (security, mikes, etc.) and whether it's a for-profit program or not.

It doesn't hurt to try!

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:26 pm
I'm also interested in signing up. Can you tell us what age group this is for please?

1untamedgirl

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:47 pm
Brooklyn College and Shorefront Y have basketball courts but not sure if they rent it out to people.

Looks like Pacplex rents out their courts-- https://www.pacplex.com/basketball/

cnc

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:28 pm
groisamomma wrote:
The district you live in should make the public school facilities available to recreational activities for people that live in that district (even private affairs).

AFAIK you do NOT need a permit (unless it involves gambling such as raffles). Call them and inquire about Facilities Usage and how you can get a form to apply. In our area it's open on Sundays to rec teams like this you just need to register the dates beforehand. They'll ask questions such as who's responsible, what accommodations you need (security, mikes, etc.) and whether it's a for-profit program or not.

It doesn't hurt to try!

Maybe permit is the wrong word? When I used a public school for something, there were no fees involved besides for paying for a permit/ certificate.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:41 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I don't really have ideas for you, but I'm interested in signing up my son!! I would love info.

Pm me

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:42 pm
groisamomma wrote:

It doesn't hurt to try!

So who am I calling?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:43 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I'm also interested in signing up. Can you tell us what age group this is for please?

Ages 5-13. You can pm me.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:44 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Brooklyn College and Shorefront Y have basketball courts but not sure if they rent it out to people.

Looks like Pacplex rents out their courts-- https://www.pacplex.com/basketball/

Thanks. These are ideas that I didn’t think of.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries