Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lunch Issues
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:20 am
Good question. They want everyone to taste at least one spoon of the main.
I may just send him lunch from home without asking. I'll ask DS when he gets home.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:30 am
gibberish wrote:
I wonder if there is a financial reason for the rule and if they receive reimbursement for each child to whom they serve lunch. Regardless, I would approach administration and ask them to make an exception for your child.

I know in my school the state partially funds it and they mandate the rule that no home food can be brought in unless there is a doctors note but the state also mandates that the meals be healthy and balanced . It's not in the schools hands .

Eta - but there is always exceptions to every rule and that's why I would talk to the admin.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:31 am
Honestly, at this point I would email teacher along with administrators and maybe some board members and tell them "too bad", they are not forcing your kid to eat.
Its 2019, with all that we know about food issues and sensory issues, you would think they wouldn't make this a battle.

smss

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:49 am
Why aren't you sending him lunch from home? He's going all day on snacks & bread?
School lunches are usually gross.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:38 am
DS just got back from school with the news that his teacher told him to bring lunch from home from tomorrow. Yay! I'm so relieved!!!

smss, I didn't send lunch from home until now because it is not usually allowed. The kids are expected to eat what is served at school. Except for a few minor exceptions, nobody brings from home.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics