Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
11 month old napping at the wrong time

artz

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:21 am
My 11 month old baby is itching to go to sleep at 8:30 at night she sleeps for an hour and then wakes up thinking its time to play I try putting her back to sleep but she fights it and ends up going to sleep after 12 what is there to do

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:35 am
artz wrote:
My 11 month old baby is itching to go to sleep at 8:30 at night she sleeps for an hour and then wakes up thinking its time to play I try putting her back to sleep but she fights it and ends up going to sleep after 12 what is there to do

Your not painting anywhere near a full picture to get anyone to help you.

Why don't u start by posting her full schedule?

artz

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:37 pm
She usually gets up at around 8:30 and goes back down for a nap at around 10 she sleeps for close to two hours and then she is up I put her back down for a nap at around 2:30- 3 she tends to sleep for another hour and a half. She also giving me a hard time about taking solids in her mouth so she is mostly breastfeeding. sometimes she would fall asleep while nursing and when I put her down she gets up and then she will skip that afternoon nap. so by 8:30 she really wants to go sleep but gets up an hour later and wants to play any guidance will be greatly appreciated

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:51 pm
WHy are you putting her to bed at 8:30? That’s way too late! She’s likely overtired. Aim for 6:30pm and see how that goes.

Oh and when she wakes up an hour later, don’t take her out. Then all you are doing is reinforcing her behavior. Break the habit by letting her play by herself in her crib and she’ll fall back asleep eventually

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:07 pm
Why does she nap at 10 when she wakes up at 8:30? Why does she nap again at 2:30 when she wakes up from her nap at 12? That makes no sense. You've gotten her used to this pattern of going to nap too soon after she wakes up so she got used to waking up every few hours, thinking its a nap. Move up her first nap to later in the day and cut the second nap. Put her to bed for the night at 7/7:30.
If she's not eating much solids, would you consider giving her formula before bed to make her more full and help her sleep better?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics