Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti vaxxers are evil
1  2  Next

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:54 am
That's why half of imamother has blocked this forum.

You cause anti semitism and put others at risk.

I hope you all do teshuva soon

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:55 am
You too sound deranged.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:19 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
You too sound deranged.
Thumbs Up Applause

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:21 pm
What’s this name calling all about? FTR, my kids are up-to-date with vaccines but I do understand somebody who chooses not to. Most of them (at least the ones I know) have very valid medical reasons for not doing so. You just never know what’s going on behind closed doors. I do vaccinate because that’s my decision but why bash those who decide otherwise? Where there’s risk, there must be choice! Im fortunate that my children bh are all taking it well but unfortunately not everyone does.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:27 pm
And to add some more... I have a close relative whose a cancer survivor and at first she was quite nervous about all this going around but then she came to a conclusion that if Hashem wants her protected, SHE WILL BE and no harm can come her way. You can change yourself but not the world.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:30 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
What’s this name calling all about? FTR, my kids are up-to-date with vaccines but I do understand somebody who chooses not to. Most of them (at least the ones I know) have very valid medical reasons for not doing so. You just never know what’s going on behind closed doors. I do vaccinate because that’s my decision but why bash those who decide otherwise? Where there’s risk, there must be choice! Im fortunate that my children bh are all taking it well but unfortunately not everyone does.

Those with valid medical reasons are not “anti-vaxxers”.

Those who follow conspiracy theorists and skewed data, preaching about terrible vaccines and waltzing around town with the measles - that’s who ectomorph is talking about.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:30 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

There are entire extended families who don’t vaccinate because of their beliefs. There is nothing going on behind closed doors for this many people. And I will never understand someone who puts newborns and ppl with compromised immune systems at risk.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:35 pm
Let's try to use our adult communication skills here.

Ectomorph is frustrated at the spread of measles in some Jewish communities. She is concerned that it is fodder for anti-semites. She is worried about her own children. She has mentally placed all anti-vaxxers into a certain "box" in her mind, and labeled that box as "evil." She feels that most posters on Imamother agree with that label.

We can validate her feelings. Yes, measles can be frightening. Although the severe side effects are rare, they are not nonexistent. Like all diseases, minor or major, measles is a very real danger for those with compromised or immature immune systems. Measles spreads like wildfire, and is hard to contain.

Yes, anti-semites will jump on anything, measles outbreaks included, to justify their hatred of Jews. Even those who are closet anti-semites might use this issue to justify their coming out of the closet on their anti-semitism.

Still, the premise of Ectomorph's post, that all anti-vaxxers deserve to be classified as "evil" is without basis.

People choose not to vaccinate for varied reasons. Some have family history of severe vaccine reactions, others are concerned about the unknown long-term effects of injecting certain materials. Some, it must be said, are lemmings, following along with whatever "reliable information" has been fed to them.

Those who do not vaccinate also may handle the outbreak differently. Some went to measles parties, and ended the potential spread of measles by simply getting exposed, quarantining, and then going on with their lives once the disease ran its course. Others are staying home from school, preferring to tolerate some discomfort to avoid making a parenting choice they feel is wrong. And, it is true, there are those who are irresponsibly going about their day despite the active outbreak, and potentially putting many others at risk.

Even the latter of both above categories are likely not "evil," which connotes a deliberate malicious intent. They are, however, dangerous, both to themselves (since they likely do not understand the etiology of measles), and to others (by likely spreading it if they are exposed). Even those espousing the anti-vaccine philosophy to uninformed parents are likely not evil, but feel that they are helping others. They are obviously very dangerous.

See? It is much more mature to express our understanding that the issue is nuanced.

If we also care that more people vaccinate, we can do the same - validate their concerns, and help them also come to a place where they will vaccinate for the sake of others.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:36 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Those with valid medical reasons are not “anti-vaxxers”.

Those who follow conspiracy theorists and skewed data, preaching about terrible vaccines and waltzing around town with the measles - that’s who ectomorph is talking about.

How can you know that their reasons are not valid? Maybe some of them go along with the conspiracies but I have a friend who she and her sil both had children with severe adverse reactions (one in vegetative state right after) so of course the entire family stopped vaccinating. I personally said that bh my kids and all my extended family members are totally fine so I’d rather follow the law and be a mench but I still validate them. Am I so off?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:38 pm
*sigh*

Why don't we have a Popcorn emoji?

Debbyl

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:52 pm
Can we please start working on ahavas chinam? We’re in sefira now and this is where avodas hamidos comes in! Let’s not bash any yiddishe neshama, whether vaxxer or anti! Please let’s bring the geula quickly!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:58 pm
Those who do not vaccinate also may handle the outbreak differently. Some went to measles parties, and ended the potential spread of measles by simply getting exposed, quarantining, and then going on with their lives once the disease ran its course. Others are staying home from school, preferring to tolerate some discomfort to avoid making a parenting choice they feel is wrong. And, it is true, there are those who are irresponsibly going about their day despite the active outbreak, and potentially putting many others at risk.

Even the latter of both above categories are likely not "evil," which connotes a deliberate malicious intent. They are, however, dangerous, both to themselves (since they likely do not understand the etiology of measles), and to others (by likely spreading it if they are exposed). Even those espousing the anti-vaccine philosophy to uninformed parents are likely not evil, but feel that they are helping others. They are obviously very dangerous.

See? It is much more mature to express our understanding that the issue is nuanced.

If we also care that more people vaccinate, we can do the same - validate their concerns, and help them also come to a place where they will vaccinate for the sake of others.[/quote]

You are indeed mature but dont have the facts down pat on whether the so called evils are indeed righteous.

Depending on where they live, private or in a condo. Living in a condominium, along 10 or so families, it is not possible to quarantine 100%.

If you are my neighbor, you told your kids were quarantined. Interestingly enough, a week after you exposed and quarantined your kids, neighbor #2 got 3 measles cases and less than 2 weeks later neighbor #3's infant baby got measles.

Woe is to you, evil indeed. Quarantined? Can only happen if you live on a private lot. You cannot imagine the hatred that is going on behind your back if you are my neighbor.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:00 pm
Until the outbreak started, I never thought about it. It wasn't causing a problem but at the present time it is.

meme6

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:03 pm
Those with there beliefs that say shots cause..... it’s one in many kids so my question is if someone’s child got autism from shots and there the other 5 didn’t what’s wrong with the one child it’s not the shot! Since the other 5 are fine.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:17 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
You are indeed mature but dont have the facts down pat on whether the so called evils are indeed righteous.

Depending on where they live, private or in a condo. Living in a condominium, along 10 or so families, it is not possible to quarantine 100%.

If you are my neighbor, you told your kids were quarantined. Interestingly enough, a week after you exposed and quarantined your kids, neighbor #2 got 3 measles cases and less than 2 weeks later neighbor #3's infant baby got measles.

Woe is to you, evil indeed. Quarantined? Can only happen if you live on a private lot. You cannot imagine the hatred that is going on behind your back if you are my neighbor.

I didn't call anyone evil OR righteous.

I also do not live in an area with an active outbreak, and do happen to live on a private lot. Oh, AND my kids got the MMR.

Evil and dangerous are not synonymous.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:28 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
*sigh*

Why don't we have a Popcorn emoji?

The forum was being taken over by anti vaxxers so I wanted to show any reporters reading it that no, this isnt normal

momsrus

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:33 pm
ectomorph wrote:
That's why half of imamother has blocked this forum.

You cause anti semitism and put others at risk.

I hope you all do teshuva soon

I agree with you

But, ur starting to sound a big obsessed.

It’s not healthy

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:55 pm
ectomorph wrote:
The forum was being taken over by anti vaxxers so I wanted to show any reporters reading it that no, this isnt normal

I guess perception varies.
Honestly, my impression is that there aren’t even close to a dozen anti-vaxers posting here. Maybe they’re vocal and persistent but seriously... taken over???? Can’t imagine how you jump to such a conclusion.

And if you’re doing this for reporters... adding yet another thread with the same bickering back and forth is just embarrassing already. There are no new angles. No new discussions to be had. Everything has been said already a hundred times over. Enough already.

trixx

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:02 pm
meme6 wrote:
Those with there beliefs that say shots cause..... it’s one in many kids so my question is if someone’s child got autism from shots and there the other 5 didn’t what’s wrong with the one child it’s not the shot! Since the other 5 are fine.

Uh right, that's exactly why some people don't want to give it to their kids if they have reason to suspect it might backfire.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:27 pm
meme6 wrote:

Oh, definitely not something wrong with the man-made shot. It must be that G-d created a defective person. Please.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics