Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti Vax Event??
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 10  11  12  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:13 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

This clearly states that a non-vaccinated person should not be excluded from school unless there is an outbreak of a preventable disease.
Until the outbreak, no one knew or cared about someone's vaccine status but what about the right of the pregnant teachers to quit working rather than endanger themselves during an outbreak?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:14 pm
I had my fun for the day guys
Oh and the reasons I'm not a rodef by not vaxxing
1) there is no obligation in the Torah to take the slightest risk to protect others
2) herd immunity was never proven scientifically
3) vaccinated people also spread diseases
4) immuni compromised are at a disadvantage unfortunately. There are many more viruses and bacterias circulating that aren't vaccine preventable.
5) with proper education, and channelling our efforts to isolate sick people we will be protecting them a lot better
6) vaccine immunity doesn't last so at any given time you are just as much unprotected as an unvaccinated child
7) some vaccines shed and could be a threat to immune compromised

Rosemarie

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:14 pm
Too late. If was a beautiful event with about a thousand people. Atrium manager said he didn't get a single protest phone call. Not that he could have done anything anyhow. Cuz there was a contract

They didn't answer phones all day yesterday. I'm pretty sure if you don't pick up you can't get protest phone calls. Thats just the way phone calls work.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:16 pm
southernbubby wrote:
This clearly states that a non-vaccinated person should not be excluded from school unless there is an outbreak of a preventable disease.
Until the outbreak, no one knew or cared about someone's vaccine status but what about the right of the pregnant teachers to quit working rather than endanger themselves during an outbreak?

An outbreak according to law is a case if measles in that building. If we would've abided by that from the beginning I can assure you the outbreak wouldn't have been this rampant bc people wouldn't try to get measles and the measles would've been kept under wraps.

keym

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:17 pm

This letter is from 2015. Measles wasn't spreading. This is more in theory. People have a right not to vax.
Now it's 2019. Measles are spreading. People are getting very sick, being hospitalized. Babies are at risk.
Totally different.
Do you have a signed antivax, right to go to school letter signed by rabbanim in the last 6 months?

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:19 pm
1) there is no obligation in the Torah to take the slightest risk to protect others
4) immuni compromised are at a disadvantage unfortunately. There are many more viruses and bacterias circulating that aren't vaccine preventable.
5) with proper education, and channelling our efforts to isolate sick people we will be protecting them a lot better
6) vaccine immunity doesn't last so at any given time you are just as much unprotected as an unvaccinated child

While you have some valid points, what do you say about people who don't vaccinate, get the measles, know that they have measles, and still let their kids out in public?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:20 pm
The letter approving the religious exemption is from years ago when there was no outbreak.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:21 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Was this some sort of pep rally?
People usually got to events to learn something new. All these people don't give vaccines so what is there to learn?
How great they are?
How dangerous vaccines are?
Whoever gives vaccines will have autistic children?
They know this, what was the point?

I'm picturing this huge crowd saluting "heil hitler" is this what it was?

I expected it to be an evening of chizzuk for only anti vaxxers. I was surprised to see plenty pro vaxxers and parve people who wanted to come n hear the other side.
One jewish writer was trying to argue with Del Bigtree. It was a feast for the eyes

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:23 pm
southernbubby wrote:
While you have some valid points, what do you say about people who don't vaccinate, get the measles, know that they have measles, and still let their kids out in public?

Horrible
Crazy
Murderers
Rodef
Disgusting.
There are crazy people on both sides. I believe with proper education we can fix that to some degree
I was happy that I was aware when my kids were exposed to measles so I was able to keep them under lock bolt n key until it passed. I called DOH to ask until when they were contagious. In was responsible

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:29 pm
Just to support my point as to why proper education is more important than vaccine propaganda
I spoke to a few people whose children weren't feeling well for two days, felt better, were sent back to school, and then two days later a rash popped. They exposed countless people. It's a known thing that measles can come with a break, I think mainly by children with a strong immune system. My children felt perfectly fine on day three and four of measles and had I not known this info I would've sent them out in the public. But because I knew, I kept them home the extra few days until rash popped

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:31 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
The letter approving the religious exemption is from years ago when there was no outbreak.

And your point is.. ?
I didn't get a notice of them retracting their signature. Did you?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:32 pm
southernbubby wrote:

The pregnant teacher should have had measles instead of the MMR.
I'm not going to recreate that problem with my children for when they're pregnant

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:32 pm
http://www.israelnationalnews......63137

Rabbi Asher Weiss shlita re: vaccinations

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:35 pm
southernbubby wrote:

The wording "people who don't vaccinate" was unecessary and discriminatory. The question could be be "what do you say to people who get measles know or suspect they have measles..." remember my story of The lady in the grocery.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/263137

Rabbi Asher Weiss shlita re: vaccinations

I listened to the entire thing. Unlike some pro vaxxers who are afraid to listen to the other side.
There are two sides to the coin obviously. With doctors and rabbonim on both sides. So why don't we respect each other

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:39 pm
Is there any way of uploading a large attachment?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:42 pm
The Daas Torah Letter were absolutely NOT signed by these Rabbanim this year! I called them, and they clearly state that its not an updated letter! It's a pashkevil

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:44 pm
And about the chilul hashem part. Whoever said doing your own thing is a chilul hashem obviously didn't learn the halachos of chilul hashem. It's very easy to jump into that wagon.
Maybe we should stop doing metzitza b'pe. It's a chilul hashem to fight the health department (who only has our best interest in mind btw) with that too
And anti semitism is very unfortunate but unavoidable

nchr

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:50 pm

1. I'm not sure about this so I cannot comment.
2. Yes, it has been proven to be effective and to work.
3. Vaccinated individuals do not spread vaccine-preventable illnesses at the same rates as unvaccinated individuals do.
4. Measles happens to be one of the most contagious diseases known to infect humans and it is vaccine preventable.
5. Isolating sick individuals and those they may have exposed is very important.
6. That is simply not true. Depending on the vaccine, immunity can last an entire lifetime, such as with the MMR.
7. OPV (oral polio virus) not used in the US can shed, as can the rotavirus vaccine, which is why immuno-compromised individuals should not change the diapers of infants recently vaccinated with the rotavirus vaccine. In addition, there have been a few cases of individuals catching the chicken pox virus through a vaccinated individual, which would possibly indicate that the chicken pox vaccine could potentially shed if a child develops a chicken pox like rash after vaccination (the MMR does not do this - Studies have tested individuals' blood after having received MMR vaccines and the only virus found 7 to 28 days after vaccination was Rubella and in far too small amounts to infect another individual). Accordingly, shedding is almost not a risk at all.

That being said, I still believe in an individual's right to choose, but it is important that we clarify actual facts because there could be people on here that read your post and think measles could shed or be caused by the vaccine, which is cannot. The rash and fever a child gets after the MMR is not the measles virus it is a typical rash caused by an immune system responding and reacting. The number one cause of hives is actually not an allergic reaction but viruses and immune responses, separate from allergies.

Last edited by nchr on Tue, May 14 2019, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

yksraya

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:53 pm

1. Lo samod al dam rayachu
2. Some common sense. If after vaccinations were invented, the plagues stopped almost completely. If everyone else is immune and doesn't get the measles, the child with low immunity doesn't catch it because there is no source where he can catch it from. (unless some antivaxers kids....)
3.those diseases are not nearly as severe as the ones there are vaccines for, or they are easily treatable. Or else they would work on making a vaccine for it.
4. This ones true, but we can do our best to help them.
5. With proper education, you will see that all the anti vaxers speak baloney (BTDT! I used to be anti vax)
6. Which is why booster shots are as important as vaccinating kids.
7. Where did you take this info from? Get your facts straight.
Page 8 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics