Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Minyan in Europe - Summer 2019

Nechami

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:00 pm
I have no idea where to start so any help would be appreciated.
I am looking for a place where there will be a minyan - we are not interested in joining a hotel, (and we heard that hotels often are not willing to have other visitors come along to make use of their minyan) so I guess what would be the best is a group of families from Europe who will be joining together in any area, including Austria, Switzerland, France and Italy.
We prefer not a high class resort where the price reflects the tourism.. anywhere with beautiful scenery and peaceful would be just great.
Is there a list of places anywhere?
Thanks in advance!!!!

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:04 pm
There's always minyan somewhere in Switzerland, Austria, France.. you need to decide on a destination and plan around it.

Britmummy

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 3:04 pm
If you're on Facebook, try joining this group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/146668412011724

ggdm

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:08 pm
Maybe I am not understanding the question. In many larger cities you will have a Jewish community. In many other places you have Chabad. There you can join services. Can you give more details about where you want to go? And are you talking about a vacation or a longer stay? I'm a bit confused.

Edit: Europe is a big place, you know!

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:08 am
I am also looking for an idea. If you stay in Rome you definitely will have a minyan.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:31 am
There is a big Jewish population in the French Alps during the summer. For sure kosher accommodations and minyanim. Beautiful surroundings and quite peaceful depending on your location.

Mayflower

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:37 am
In Switzerland you will have a minyan in a lot of places, for sure Davos, St Moritz, Saas-Fee...

France there will also be minyanim in the Alps (Les Deux ALpes, Les Menuires, just to name a few), the Côte d'Azur (Nice, Cannes, Marseilles, Aix-en-Provence) and of course the bigger cities.

In Italy, there will be minyanim near kosher hotels, or in Rome/Venice/Milan.

You really need to pick a place and narrow your search a bit.

Forrealx

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:49 am
Well Europe is an entire continent the countries you summed up are in the same erea if you want the alpes where some places are still kilometers and kilometers apart (like from Les Deux Alpes to Italy is still a few hundred kilometers I thought). There is an kosher hotel in the mountains of Italy near by Milan. And tons of kosher traveling companies who are organizing travels to the Alpes erea and can help you out.

Nechami

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:01 am
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough - we are not looking to be in a city, we are looking for small resorts of which there are hundreds. I have names of various places like Nendaz in Switzerland or Solden in Austria but these places are large and I wouldn't want to book a chalet and then find that the Minyan is 4 km away and out of the techum for Shabbos.
In past years I heard that in Antwerp a group of families took a few chalets together - my problem is I have no connections. I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of any groups doing something like this for this year. Our preference is somewhere in Austria but we am open to anywhere in the alps.
Being near a Kosher hotel would serve our purpose too, but as I mentioned, we heard that the hotel organizers are not thrilled to have other people using their minyan. In Crans in Switzerland they were really welcoming, other places, not so much.
Thanks for all your help!

Nechami

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 6:17 pm
Does anyone know of any European hotels who do not mind other guests to se their services and minyan?
TIA

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:07 pm
I've never seen them controling who goes
There's a minyan in disney lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics