Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
If you or your child had Measles

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:52 am
Would you please describe the progression of the illness. Another amother posted that her kid was sick then totally better then got the rash. I had never heard of this. Please let everyone here know so that if their children, students or neighbors are exposed or have symptoms they know what to look for and how to treat it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:13 pm
Bump. I know a few people here mentioned their kids had measles.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:19 pm
You can Google for symptoms and progression or do you think the doctors are lying?
Maybe some anonymous amother posting with a peach propaganda agenda is more valid to you than the observations of 100s of doctors.

Sebastian

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:25 pm
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/ab......html

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:29 pm
ectomorph wrote:
You can Google for symptoms and progression or do you think the doctors are lying?
Maybe some anonymous amother posting with a peach propaganda agenda is more valid to you than the observations of 100s of doctors.

Someone here posted that there kid was sick then got better then sick again.It doesn't say that online and if that is the case we need to let schools knows. Why isn't this reported?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:31 pm
If a kid gets sick, then gets a rash and gets better, that's roseolla.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:36 pm
Roseola. 3 days high fever, then rash all over better. Very different from measles which is Rubeola.

Roseola isn't as contagious as the measles and doesn't cause encephalitis leading to brain damage or pneumonia. It also doesn't erase the entire immune system.

amother
Green

amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
If a kid gets sick, then gets a rash and gets better, that's roseolla.

Roseola is only in younger children. The fever and the rash come together.

My kids had measles. They had a slight fever for a day and a half. They were perfectly fine for two days then came cough and rash. They tested positive for measles.
Same to many people I spoke to. I'm in the measles community. You can take it or leave it.

ectomorph

amother [ Green ] wrote:
Roseola is only in younger children. The fever and the rash come together.

My kids had measles. They had a slight fever for a day and a half. They were perfectly fine for two days then came cough and rash. They tested positive for measles.
Same to many people I spoke to. I'm in the measles community. You can take it or leave it.

Lol, I guess measles sounds better than "pro disease"

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:39 pm
for a day I felt weak all over like an achy strep. then low grade fever with sore throat for 3 days, then rash started coming out very light , came out first on face. once rash was all over my face and spreading down my body fever went higher . for 36 hours my fever was high and I had zero strength to do anything, my eyes hurt to read or see any light, my ears hurt to hear any sound. I had scary coughing attacks and my throat was very sore. then fever started going down. took a full day till temp was back normal but I still had rash on face and a slight cough for a few days and was weak and had trouble with eyes and ears for at least a week after. im told that I had a typical case of measles.

I heard of ppl who had more of an on and off case where they were sick , got better, then got worse and the ewhole process took longer for them.

bh I am totally fine since then, didnt get sick again since or feel weaker . back to regular schedule

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:52 pm
Roseola rash comes after fever. My big kids had it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:59 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
for a day I felt weak all over like an achy strep. then low grade fever with sore throat for 3 days, then rash started coming out very light , came out first on face. once rash was all over my face and spreading down my body fever went higher . for 36 hours my fever was high and I had zero strength to do anything, my eyes hurt to read or see any light, my ears hurt to hear any sound. I had scary coughing attacks and my throat was very sore. then fever started going down. took a full day till temp was back normal but I still had rash on face and a slight cough for a few days and was weak and had trouble with eyes and ears for at least a week after. im told that I had a typical case of measles.

I heard of ppl who had more of an on and off case where they were sick , got better, then got worse and the ewhole process took longer for them.

bh I am totally fine since then, didnt get sick again since or feel weaker . back to regular schedule

That sounds horrible. How old were you when this happened? BH you are ok.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That sounds horrible. How old were you when this happened? BH you are ok.

it was but I hear kids have it easier . I wouldnt know I gave them the mmr

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:02 pm
If your kids had the measles and you're an antivaxxer, of course you'll make it sound like nothing because you're trying to spread your propaganda.

Of course, in 10-20 years we'll be responding to threads like " my mom hurt my social development and destroyed my ability to leave my abusive home by not vaccinating so we had to stay home for months on end".

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:19 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

are you not vaccinated?

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:20 pm
ectomorph wrote:
If your kids had the measles and you're an antivaxxer, of course you'll make it sound like nothing because you're trying to spread your propaganda.

Of course, in 10-20 years we'll be responding to threads like " my mom hurt my social development and destroyed my ability to leave my abusive home by not vaccinating so we had to stay home for months on end".

measles can be hard. really hard.
so can a vaccine damage
we chose measles
BH we had a breeze of a case. not the regular

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:22 pm
the question was about measles taking a break. and I answered to that
another poster quoted the same. but unlike what she said that with a break it takes longer, my kids were feeling fine on the last day of contagiousness, day seven

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 5:26 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
the question was about measles taking a break. and I answered to that
another poster quoted the same. but unlike what she said that with a break it takes longer, my kids were feeling fine on the last day of contagiousness, day seven

I see that it's different for e/o. so many ppl didnt have the typical progression like me. especially if you do high doses of vit a it somehow strengthens the body and it takes longer for hte measles to take root in the person , messes up the regular path measles takes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics