Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Ouch... It was so embarrassing!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:59 pm
esuss wrote:
I brought mishloach manos to a friend years ago. She asked her young sons to give me one of hers. I opened it when I got to the car and it was an empty package!

I saw kids delivering a fancy m/m. They were eating off it...

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:59 pm
Oh my, funny stories. As long as the joke is not on me...

happyness

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 8:03 pm
I once called a dayan of mine that lives in a community on the water. I was so sad. It was day #7 and I had stained yet again, and he was keeping up with our saga.

ANyway, so I called and asked if I was talking to last name 'so and so'.

The guy says 'ye'...so I started talking and said "I'm wondering how long it could take me to get clean?'

He was like "what?"

I repeated my question.

He said "are you talking about cleaning up our community from Hurricane Sandy??" (It was days after the hurricane.

Turns out I was talking to the Dayan's bachur!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 8:28 pm
When my dh was on an overseas trip I sent him a rather intimate text, only to realize it had gone to my mother instead😉😉

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 8:41 pm
My husband once told my toddler to stop crying.
Unfortunately for me my little girl has a great memory and responds “but Mommy cries sometimes”, and proceeded to demonstrate-by rubbing her eyes-to DH and teen kids how Mommy cried.
TMI

Laiya

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:25 pm
Ds has the same first and last name as a cousin of his who's similar in age but different grades. A teacher of my nephew's once left a message on our answering machine, complaining about nephew's misbehavior in class and his latest escapades. I did not mention that to SIL, but I did return the teacher's call. She realized her mistake right away and felt terrible, but really, that should've never been said in a voicemail!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:42 pm
gamanit wrote:
Attorney's and therapists have such notices in each email just in case they do make a mistake:

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential information that is privileged or that constitutes attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.

amother [ Natural ] wrote:
You are wrong. You didn't have the kind of power over the attorney's career you think you did.

It takes a lot more than a wrongly addressed communication to be disbarred for life. In some states a felony conviction won't even disbar you for life.

As it happens, I just attended an ethics cle on this exact topic today. One suggestion was to use a setting where the email system holds your email for 1 minute before sending it out, after you hit Send, so you have 1 minute to change your mind and un-send it.

I'm not sure of the exact discipline that a lawyer would be subject to, with or without disclaimers in the email, but I think we'd all agree that it's a pretty bad mistake that could potentially have serious consequences.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:08 pm
My friend once regifted someone a mishloach manos from someone else only to discover after she gave it that the original card was still in it.

My mom texted my dad once to tell him she was a niddah and sorry they couldn't do anything that night. Turns out she texted my brother instead of my father. They were both mortified.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:08 pm
I twice sent my father in law somewhat off color memes. One was pretty bad. I really don’t send these things, but they were supposed to be for my husband! Needless to say, I was mortified the second time and switched his name in my contacts so that it didn’t resemble my husband’s name! I told him my kids were playing with my phone, which probably made it sound even worse 🙈

Miri7

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:24 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
As it happens, I just attended an ethics cle on this exact topic today. One suggestion was to use a setting where the email system holds your email for 1 minute before sending it out, after you hit Send, so you have 1 minute to change your mind and un-send it.

I'm not sure of the exact discipline that a lawyer would be subject to, with or without disclaimers in the email, but I think we'd all agree that it's a pretty bad mistake that could potentially have serious consequences.

Also there are document and docket management software systems that hook up with your outlook email system that will give you a prompt after you hit "send" and before you hit "send" that say "do you want to send this email to XX?" This is to get the user to pause for a second to double check the addressee.

They also then prompt you to save the email to file. Pretty handy.

I was always taught to draft the email first, then to add the addressee - so you do that last and don't just quickly hit "send". It makes you stop and think about who you're emailing and make sure you get the right person.

As an attorney, I've been sent emails that likely had some privileged material in them - as soon as I begin reading, usually only up to the name, I delete, empty my trash folder and let the sender know that I got an email and exactly how much I'd read. Of course, anything that I may have read cannot be used against the opposing party.

But - if the subject line was "Lie during your deposition tomorrow" - then that would be hard to unsee and I'd probably take it to a judge, let them know about the inadvertent disclosure and then let the judge deal with it, as that's more about the opposing counsel's behavior and instruction to the client perjure him/herself than about disclosing client secrets by accident.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:35 am
Got my sil infertility meds delivered to me by pharmacy. Both same last name. She lives in next building. She didn't share with me. I knew the med because I was taking same thing.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:38 am
Found an mm sitting by my door. It was in a ceramic holder that was shattered. She regifted because the same gift I got from family friend who had a daughter in my workmates class, her being the teacher. She asked me if I received it, I thanked her & told her yes but never told her that it was broken.

zoom

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:55 pm
truthfully, if this happened to me (original ops post) I would never want to my friend to comment about it. if the text was a mistake , you are meant to delete it and just FORGET about it! because thats what it was, a mistake!if you do read it, at least dont comment!!
if I ever get such a text I always delete straight away and then let the person know it was a mistake.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:58 pm
dankbar wrote:
Found an mm sitting by my door. It was in a ceramic holder that was shattered. She regifted because the same gift I got from family friend who had a daughter in my workmates class, her being the teacher. She asked me if I received it, I thanked her & told her yes but never told her that it was broken.

They probably bought it from the same place.

My friends and I used to purchase MM from the same place. We'd discuss what we were buying, so we didn't get the same thing. But it could happen easily.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 4:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
They probably bought it from the same place.

My friends and I used to purchase MM from the same place. We'd discuss what we were buying, so we didn't get the same thing. But it could happen easily.

No it was exact same thing with same contents. Our family friend works in a mosad that makes ready mm. My workmate used to always take one of nice mm' s that one of her students gave her & gave me as thanks for helping her with the teaching material.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics