Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How much does the Special Election in Flatbush today matter?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:20 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
So be fake? That is what I like about Flatbushgirl, she is not fake. We need more politicians like her instead of fake people who will say what you want to hear then do something completely different behind your back.

She's as fake as they come. Changing her position on some issues 180 degrees to get the frum votes

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Like others, I dont feel shes a role model Id want for my family. Lets start with a girl who grew up in a very Yeshivish home, not sending her boys to a Yeshiva. Then using a picture with their Tzitzis out (I wonder if she used that picture in the non-Jewish areas), and husband priding himself that he went to Chaim Berlin. Something is off, no matter what her parents and grandmothers are saying to get her elected.

She is not a Rabbi or a Kiruv worker. Her mother is a popular professor at Brooklyn College and is far from the yeshivish woman you think she is. Its possible that they were in one derech years ago but life happens and things change and they may have changed communities like many people on imamother have done. Either way, she is the only Jew in the district with the guts to run for office and is advocating for people like you even if you have a different derech than her. Of course, this is still America and you are still free to vote for whoever you feel like so feel free to vote for a non-Jewish person who doesn't care much about them white folks, I mean Jews. But don't complain about anti-semitism when things don't go your way and when Jews are discriminated against because you had the chance to do something about it but chose not to because the Jew running for office didn't live up to your standards of being a Rabbi or Kiruv worker (which she isn't).
Anyway, like I said, she has no chance of winning so you will get your way after all..

oliveoil

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:28 pm
Oh please. Flatbush girl is as fake as it gets!

She has no platform, no endorsements, and other than "connecting" with people, it seems like she's just throwing things out there to see what sticks.

oliveoil

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:28 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
She's as fake as they come. Changing her position on some issues 180 degrees to get the frum votes

100%

(Cross-posted)

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:56 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

So you're saying that she really doesn't care about the Jewish community but is just saying that she cares to win the votes? Why would she be so desperate? And what do you think will happen if she does win, will she turn her back on us or will she advocate for us like she promised?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:11 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
So you're saying that she really doesn't care about the Jewish community but is just saying that she cares to win the votes? Why would she be so desperate? And what do you think will happen if she does win, will she turn her back on us or will she advocate for us like she promised?

If her advocacy involves advocating for LFs to perform in frum neighborhoods, dunno.

Shes cute and lively, but she crossed too many lines.

Had she not said and done some of the things she did, shed be a shoe-in and probably would have gotten all the frum endorsements.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If her advocacy involves advocating for LFs to perform in frum neighborhoods, dunno.

Shes cute and lively, but she crossed too many lines.

Had she not said and done some of the things she did, shed be a shoe-in and probably would have gotten all the frum endorsements.

Voting for her is like voting for a convert to Islam to represent Jewish ppl. Just because she's from a frum background doesn't mean she's a good representative.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:22 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Personally, I hope she wins just to see what she does next but realistically, she has no chance of winning even though this neighborhood is full of Jewish people. All her opponents are African American and do not have our interest in mind at all yet we continue to give them power and then wonder why there is so much anti-semitism. Oh well. At least she tried, lets see if anyone else has the guts to run as well before they start shaming her for doing something out of the ordinary and completely different than what Orthodox woman do on a daily basis.

Apparently you haven’t done any research into this election or gotten yourself knowledgeable in the facts. Many rabbis and community leaders have endorsed, YES, an African American, and she has apparently proven herself to be understanding of our community and helpful. As far as Flatbush girl and your hoping she wins, all I can say is that’s the most foolish thing I’ve heard yet. Thank G-d she will get trounced. We don’t need more chillul Hashem....she does enough on the internet. And I’m not sure you’re not her,

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:25 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I dont believe the position itself is an important one that carries any clout or has any power however it does seem to be a way into politics that leads to powerful positions such as attorney general of NY like Leticia James. Its just sad that there is only one Jewish candidate but she has no chance of winning since Jews are not eager to vote for their fellow Jews (and flatbushgirl is controversial to begin with so that doesn't help).

Jews aren’t eager to vote for their fellow Jews? That’s drivel. What about Dov Hikind, Simcha Felder, David Greenfield, etc.? Jews don’t want to vote for Flatbush girl because she’s Flatbush girl. Enough said.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:33 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
So be fake? That is what I like about Flatbushgirl, she is not fake. We need more politicians like her instead of fake people who will say what you want to hear then do something completely different behind your back.

I’m so glad you got no likes and I believe you are her! No one should be touting her, what an embarrassment!

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:38 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
She is not a Rabbi or a Kiruv worker. Her mother is a popular professor at Brooklyn College and is far from the yeshivish woman you think she is. Its possible that they were in one derech years ago but life happens and things change and they may have changed communities like many people on imamother have done. Either way, she is the only Jew in the district with the guts to run for office and is advocating for people like you even if you have a different derech than her. Of course, this is still America and you are still free to vote for whoever you feel like so feel free to vote for a non-Jewish person who doesn't care much about them white folks, I mean Jews. But don't complain about anti-semitism when things don't go your way and when Jews are discriminated against because you had the chance to do something about it but chose not to because the Jew running for office didn't live up to your standards of being a Rabbi or Kiruv worker (which she isn't).
Anyway, like I said, she has no chance of winning so you will get your way after all..

Thankfully a rabbi wrote a letter saying no Jew should vote foe her cuz she promotes chillul Hashem all over the internet. If her husband’s a real Chaim Berliner he’d get her the heck off the internet! Does he really think she’s a role model for their kids?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:38 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Why would she be so desperate? For th same reason she’s so desperate for (negative) attention on the internet.

Are u her spokesperson. Or are u her?

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:41 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Apparently you haven’t done any research into this election or gotten yourself knowledgeable in the facts. Many rabbis and community leaders have endorsed, YES, an African American, and she has apparently proven herself to be understanding of our community and helpful. As far as Flatbush girl and your hoping she wins, all I can say is that’s the most foolish thing I’ve heard yet. Thank G-d she will get trounced. We don’t need more chillul Hashem....she does enough on the internet. And I’m not sure you’re not her,

I'm sure Rose is her.

And what a kiddish Hashem that Rabbis support an African American woman.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:42 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I’m so glad you got no likes and I believe you are her! No one should be touting her, what an embarrassment!

So much hatred for someone who has no chance of winning. And if you want to show her how to be good at kiruv, to be dan lechaf zechus and not speak lashon hora then lead by example, otherwise how are you different than her?

Oh, and if I'm her then you must be her opponent! LOL LOL Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:15 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

She's desperate to win for the same reason she's been posting her stupid videos in the beginning of her career as Flatbush Girl - attention.
If she wins (which I hope she doesn't, although it would be entertaining to watch if she did), she'd revert her positions back to the ultra liberal self that she is

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:26 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Jews aren’t eager to vote for their fellow Jews? That’s drivel. What about Dov Hikind, Simcha Felder, David Greenfield, etc.? Jews don’t want to vote for Flatbush girl because she’s Flatbush girl. Enough said.

All men. I think some women seem oddly threatened by flatbushgirl.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:27 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I'm sure Rose is her.

And what a kiddish Hashem that Rabbis support an African American woman.

Is it though? I think it’s a chillul Hashem that they don’t support a frum woman.

octopus

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:42 pm
Honestly, flatbush girl has no track record in public works. She's a social media personality that's it. Farrah Louis (who rabannim are endorsing) was deputy to jumaane Williams and ran the office after he became city advocate or whatever the title (its been a looong day). Why he isn't backing her is beyond me but everything goes in politics and who knows what promises he made that he had to make good on. I'm not voting for someone based on what schools they attended or who their grandparents are. And I want a serious candidate, not one who has social media commentary with no record of actual works.

Lesia

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:43 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Is it though? I think it’s a chillul Hashem that they don’t support a frum woman.

I’m actually glad that they are supporting a deserving candidate, instead of one who flip flops on her “policies” based on whom she thinks is going to vote for her.

octopus

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:44 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

So you are supposed to vote for someone just because they are frum? I think not.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries