Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
If you tested your titers
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 3:46 pm
What were your numbers?
On my test greater than 1.10 meant immune and I tested 3.69. Just curious what others tested and if we would test again after this outbreak and get higher titers lol.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 3:48 pm
Would love to get tested but was told it costs hundreds of dollars and insurance doesn’t pay.

Motherhood

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:00 pm
I needed to show proof of mmr immunity for my job and school 3 years ago. My measles number was 5.1 and under the “within range” column. Don’t know what exactly that means

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:19 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Would love to get tested but was told it costs hundreds of dollars and insurance doesn’t pay.

My 20-something son was just at the doctor, and he automatically tested titers for measles and Hep-B. Pretty sure it was covered. (Measles -- immune; Hep-B -- booster needed.)

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:22 pm
I was checked by my ob because I'm beg of preg unfortunately not immune anymore Sad

yksraya

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:31 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
My 20-something son was just at the doctor, and he automatically tested titers for measles and Hep-B. Pretty sure it was covered. (Measles -- immune; Hep-B -- booster needed.)

That's good to know, as I'm planning to check my titers in summer iyh. I was given the MMR shot after my second child was born, so I think am still immune to that, but have no clue which shots I was actually given as a kid and if I need a booster already.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:35 pm
yksraya wrote:
That's good to know, as I'm planning to check my titers in summer iyh. I was given the MMR shot after my second child was born, so I think am still immune to that, but have no clue which shots I was actually given as a kid and if I need a booster already.

Just as a PSA, everyone should be sure to get their kids' immunization records before they turn 18, so your children can provide them to their adult doctor without any trouble, and their doctors have records.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:44 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Just as a PSA, everyone should be sure to get their kids' immunization records before they turn 18, so your children can provide them to their adult doctor without any trouble, and their doctors have records.

I think everyone has. After all we have to provide for the schools every single year. I copy and keep ours on file. I assume others do the same.

yksraya

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:49 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Good piece of advice! I do ask for my kids copy when I apply them for school, camp etc. Will iyh ask for a copy when they are older teens.

I wasn't fully vaxed as a kid. And I don't have the copy of which I did or didn't take. That is why I plan to take care of it iyh in the summer. Would've taken care of it sooner due to measles outbreak, but I know I took MMR shot as adult, so that is covered bh.

BTova

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:52 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I was checked by my ob because I'm beg of preg unfortunately not immune anymore Sad

Check again once the baby is born. I hear it’s common not to be immune in pregnancy even though you were vaccinated.

yksraya

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:53 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
I think everyone has. After all we have to provide for the schools every single year. I copy and keep ours on file. I assume others do the same.

True, but as teens they do take booster shots, so they will need to have an updated copy.

Also, as older adults, the titers will have to be tested to make sure there is still immunity. For younger woman they do test during pregnancy, but for older woman, especially during an outbreak, just to make sure they are immune.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:54 pm
I was born in 1962
I just had a operation and while doing blood work I asked if they can check
I was so happy to find out that I did not need a shot again since I hate needles Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:01 pm
I was born 1991. I was thinking to go off BC a few months back so I got tested as a precaution before going off. I was immune. I didnt hear about losing immunity during pregnancy till imamother. I hope im ok cuz im bh preg now ...

yksraya

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:05 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I was born 1991. I was thinking to go off BC a few months back so I got tested as a precaution before going off. I was immune. I didnt hear about losing immunity during pregnancy till imamother. I hope im ok cuz im bh preg now ...

I'm also unsure about the losing immunity during pregnancy. Those who aren't immune usually didn't take the shot or are due for a booster. Either way ask a doctor to make sure.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:50 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Ridiculous. I tested and it’s covered.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Ridiculous. I tested and it’s covered.

It varies by insurance company..

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:13 pm
Just tested for measles titer not the others because I have a high deductible. The lab charged me $9.74.
I was not immune and need the sho t which was covered.

ladYdI

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:34 pm
I was tested before stArying a job in healthcare few years and was not immune so need a booster mmr
3 years ago I needed to be tested again for a new job and I came out immune again even after getting the booster shot

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:00 pm
If you’re in the US, kids immunizations are now entered into the DOH database which should solve the issue of needing records in the future. It’s still a good idea to save records but it should be there accessible to doctors.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:30 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I had an interesting experience a couple of years ago. I was reviewing my lab reports- and for the fun of it compared 2 reports from different pregnancies. by one my varicella titers were low- but still immune & then by the next one it had jumped up a ton.
I don't know the reason why- but I have 2 thoughts on that:
1) I had a weaker immune system during one pregnancy so my immunity was lower (I don't know if this makes sense and I will run it by a dr one day for curiosity sake)
2) I was exposed at some point to someone with chicken pox- unbeknown to me & I reacted by boosting my immunity?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics