Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Stranger rang bell at 4 am and then said "Sorry" (BP)
Previous  1  2

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:13 pm
Did you ask your neighbors if he also rang their bell?

Rappel

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:13 pm
Because it's Brooklyn, I agree with everyone else, but just to put it out there:

Could it have been a dare?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:15 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I’d think to contact Shomrim and check neighbors cameras.
I’d also think to install cameras on my property ASAP just as a precaution.

I second this!

yksraya

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:16 pm
Maybe someone came from overseas or canada and got there early morning, and was to stay on your block but came to the wrong address. Saw the mistake after ringing bell, so said sorry.

You can never know. I agree tho that it's creepy.

We once had police knocking on our side door at 2 am. They got a call from a nearby house that non jews rent out.
They mistakenly knocked by us and woke up half the family and freaked us out. Dh first went to window to see if there is a police car to make sure it's legit and not a robbery. We then opened the door. They asked us if any of us drank and if we are intoxicated, and asked who called police. I figured it must be that other house and sent them there. They apologized and indeed there was some kind of fight and an intoxicated person in that other house.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 2:24 pm
twenty years ago when I lived in kew gardens in queens in a large apt building
someone rang in a man who walked in after me
he demanded money from me I yelled I have no money and he thank g-d ran and called the cops but they did not do anything

geemum

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 3:44 pm
I would call Shomrim.

Pollyanna

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:13 pm
most likely a mistake but I would still be careful.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
After you open the outside front door, everyone (3 families) has a well locked front door of their own.

Whats accomplished by coming through the first door, if you have to break the next door, which takes time, and by then 3 families would hear the ruckus, and hopefully police would come?

Maybe he would have attempted to access through a porch door if he saw you’re not home.
I don’t know what floor you live on but I know someone who was robbed by a thief who came in through a 2nd floor porch door on Purim.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:34 pm
If you buzz back front door without opening home door he can still steal carriages that are parked in hallway

abaker

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:50 pm
I don't live in BP but I don't answer my door to people I don't know. Also I feel like if it would really be an international traveler who mistakenly rang the bell it would look like he just came from airport. Example a taxi that was just dropping him off,luggage in tow, tired from traveling overnight etc. Sounds to me like he was checking out to see if anyone was home. I'd mention it to my neighbors and see if anyone also had this and to let people know so they can be aware of the situation if someone comes to their house too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries