Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Juggling

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:39 pm
I got invited tonight to 3 come & go engagement parties locally & for dinner not locally. All happening at same time. I need 4 me's. See what I mean? Good thing, that the engagement parties aren't sit down meals.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:52 pm
None of them are getting gifts just a mazel tov if I get there

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:05 pm
Mazal tov! BH you have so many simchas to celebrate.

dankbar

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:21 am
Update! Was out of house from 8 to 12 not locally so ended up skipping all 3 simchas!
My husband did go to the one he got invited to.

dankbar

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:27 am
Bh we should only go to simchas, I started this thread as a s/o-explanation as why people in my community can't attend full night simchas so much & why people can't invite all their guest for full night events

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:30 pm
A good friend of mine (who's DH is a well known pediatrician) gets loads and loads of invitations for simchas. I asked her and she explained. She said that many times she calls the baal hasimcha in advance and thank them for the invitation and wish them mazal tov but that she is not able to attend. And for the ones who are really nagging her and don't take no for an answer, she does the rinse and repeat method. She told me: if I would have to go to every simcha that I got an invitation for, I would not have a home (full of children and DH). And she is right.
Personally, I pray every year that I will not get invitations close to Pesach preparations.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics