Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is it safe to travel to EY?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:47 pm
I'm the same Op of the updated info on EY thread but that one got put under vaccinations and I know no one's going to respond to it that way!

How do I know what's going on there with the outbreak? Is it still just as bad? Is it safe to travel there? Is there a place that I can keep track of updated statistics on the outbreak? Any good links?

We might have a family simcha there soon and I don't know what to tell everyone about if I'm going or not.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:46 pm
As far as I know in the area where I live (mercaz area - central) it seems to have mostly gone.
Haven’t heard of any cases recently.
The dr surgery still has signs up To stay out the surgery if you have symptoms but otherwise haven’t heard anything.
You may be able to call up the health board - misrad habriut and ask them for information.

mig100

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:05 pm
If u want to avoid having this thread turn into another anti vax discussion about nonesensne non- prove " research" and " facts", I'd recommend having it moved to a from that's not able to post Annon.

I'll unfollow this thread now-b4 that happens

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 5:22 pm
mig100 wrote:
If u want to avoid having this thread turn into another anti vax discussion about nonesensne non- prove " research" and " facts", I'd recommend having it moved to a from that's not able to post Annon.

I'll unfollow this thread now-b4 that happens

Well, I am anon as OP and I think its clear I want to know about vases of measles, not vaxing. Disclaimer: I vax and I have not commented on a single vaxxing thread.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 6:20 pm
if you are vaccinated it would seem safe to go

Mamushka

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well, I am anon as OP and I think its clear I want to know about vases of measles, not vaxing. Disclaimer: I vax and I have not commented on a single vaxxing thread.

If you vax, why do you worry? unless you have a newborn

Teomima

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 1:35 am
I would worry less about Israel and more about the simcha and your local accommodations. Is your Israeli family/their guests(/your hosts, if you're not staying in a hotel) likely to be anti-vaxxers? If so, you know the risk. Israel in and of itself is not dangerous.

blessedjmom

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 1:49 am
I have a newborn home now, and Dr said not to worry. She hasn't gotten any alerts of it being around now from the Misrad Habriut.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:28 am
We've only had one case reported in Beit Shemesh, and it was handled quickly so it didn't spread. There is a huge community push here to get everyone up to date, and to quarantine if exposed. People are finally getting educating and behaving responsibly. I'm very proud of my city!

As for the Gaza situation, it's been comparatively quiet. More people are killed in Chicago on an average weekend, than are killed in a whole year in Israel. I feel extremely safe here.

Had a small earthquake yesterday, so that was exciting. 4.6, but it was way out to sea. I felt a gentle rolling, and it only lasted a few seconds. No damage or injuries reported. A lot of people didn't even notice.

So all in all, I'd say come visit! Just be sure to wash your hands often, and use common sense regarding germ/virus management. Do whatever you'd do during cold and flu season.

finallyamommy

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:58 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
We've only had one case reported in Beit Shemesh, and it was handled quickly so it didn't spread. There is a huge community push here to get everyone up to date, and to quarantine if exposed. People are finally getting educating and behaving responsibly. I'm very proud of my city!

As for the Gaza situation, it's been comparatively quiet. More people are killed in Chicago on an average weekend, than are killed in a whole year in Israel. I feel extremely safe here.

Had a small earthquake yesterday, so that was exciting. 4.6, but it was way out to sea. I felt a gentle rolling, and it only lasted a few seconds. No damage or injuries reported. A lot of people didn't even notice.

So all in all, I'd say come visit! Just be sure to wash your hands often, and use common sense regarding germ/virus management. Do whatever you'd do during cold and flu season.

There have been WAY more than one case of measles in Beit Shemesh. This is an old article, so not sure how many more.

https://www.ynetnews.com/artic......html

Including somebody I know, in October.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:30 am
finallyamommy wrote:
There have been WAY more than one case of measles in Beit Shemesh. This is an old article, so not sure how many more.

YIKES. My info is not up to date. Sad

etky

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:31 am
finallyamommy wrote:

Since the beginning of the outbreak last year, Beit Shemesh has had 420 cases, second only to Jerusalem where there have been 1403 cases.
There has been a slowing in recent months due to increased immunization rates but the outbreak is still current, especially in Jerusalem, Beit Shemesh, Tzfat and Bnei Brak.
OP I would come for the simcha but not if you have an unvaccinated infant and plan to be spending time in heavily haredi cities - even if your hosts/family are not anti-vax themselves.

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:36 am
Is there an updated list of numbers? I am curious if there were more than the 8 cases reported for my town in November.

etky

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:44 am
Iymnok wrote:
Is there an updated list of numbers? I am curious if there were more than the 8 cases reported for my town in November.

https://www.ynet.co.il/article......html

These are the total numbers since the beginning of the outbreak. Doesn't say how many are really recent....

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:48 am
This is a pinned post on FB for RBS:

Measles announcement

In light of the measles outbreak in Israel, and the recently reported RBS case on Pesach - Please make sure that you and your kids are properly vaccinated in accordance with health ministry guidelines. Not doing so is causing life threatening risk to newborns and to immuno-compromised people who cannot use the vaccine. This is a community responsibility and obligation.

They make it sound like it was only one case reported. I'm going to contact the admin and have her update the post to make sure people know how widespread it is and take it more seriously. I certainly misunderstood!

PS: Thank you for correcting me. I also just saw this post for RBS residents: https://www.shemesh.co.il/en/e.....tails Beit Shemesh has the second largest amount of measles cases in the country, after Jerusalem. Because of this, a measles vaccination station will be running in the Cheftziba neighborhood every Monday afternoon for all the residents to come and receive their vaccine, starting this Monday, May 20.

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Thu, May 16 2019, 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total

etky

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:50 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
This is a pinned post on FB for RBS:

Measles announcement

In light of the measles outbreak in Israel, and the recently reported RBS case on Pesach - Please make sure that you and your kids are properly vaccinated in accordance with health ministry guidelines. Not doing so is causing life threatening risk to newborns and to immuno-compromised people who cannot use the vaccine. This is a community responsibility and obligation.

They make it sound like it was only one case reported. I'm going to contact the admin and have her update the post to make sure people know how widespread it is and take it more seriously. I certainly misunderstood!

Could be that the one case was in RBS while the others were in other sections of Beit Shemesh.
Also - maybe there haven't been others that recently.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 4:22 am
Op here,

I will check in with you all in a Couple months. This is in the future and I beH hope to have a newborn. But irony even know when this is scheduled. When I know more, I will post again. Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics