Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
12 measles threads! Enough already!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:32 pm
We all know how serious the problem is and what the debate is. There are now 12 threads about measles. Please could you post in one of those if you want to discuss measles and not start any new ones? Thanks

momsrus

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:36 pm
Can't Believe It Yawn

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:37 pm
Why’d you start a 13th thread?

simba

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:40 pm
Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.

keym

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:44 pm
simba wrote:
Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.

MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. LOL LOL

mig100

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:46 pm
Please only post vaccine threads in vaccine section.

I'm glad to have been spared all 12 threads!!

simba

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:47 pm
keym wrote:

No.no. No. No. No. no. No. No. No. no. No. No. No. no. No.no. No. No.

Einikel

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:48 pm
ROTFL.ROTFL.ROTFL.ROTFL.ROTFL

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:49 pm
πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ€’πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ’ŠπŸ’‰πŸŒ‘πŸ›β™¨οΈπŸš¨πŸš’πŸ˜·πŸ€•

MiracleMama

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:50 pm
What’s measles?

Einikel

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:51 pm
flowerpower wrote:
πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ€’πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ”΄πŸ’ŠπŸ’‰πŸŒ‘πŸ›β™¨οΈπŸš¨πŸš’πŸ˜·πŸ€•

#measlesparty

Whose joining?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:53 pm
You know how you feel when you keep reading these threads, and you want to shout enough is enough? Well that's how I feel IRL when my DH and kids walked into Home Depot in Nanuet and the Home Depot cashiers made sure to ask one another loudly if they checked if they had the measles shot when they were younger and they all walked away not to be too close to my husband and kids.
Or when I was sitting in the doctors office , surrounded by a waiting room of non Jews , this past Friday while the local news reported yet more reported cases in our county.
Or when I go outdoors and the non Jewish neighbors go inside because they are afraid we will contaminate them.
Or that I remained home bound with my baby for 6 months until she was able to get the vaccine .
I'm also sick of it. I'm sick of hearing that a classmate in my son's class showed up with the measles to school burning with fever but his mother pushed him to go to night Seder.
I'm sick and tired of the blatant anti semitim that already existed here, intensified and it makes us so uncomfortable because a few people decided to say this is a "religious" thing and fit us all into the same box.
I wish I didn't hear this word, I wish I didn't care . These threads are a joke compared to the real struggle I'm dealing with daily because of this big bad word : M-E-A-S-E-L-S!!!

EmpireState

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
You know how you feel when you keep reading these threads, and you want to shout enough is enough? Well that's how I feel IRL when my DH and kids walked into Home Depot in Nanuet and the Home Depot cashiers made sure to ask one another loudly if they checked if they had the measles shot when they were younger and they all walked away not to be too close to my husband and kids.
Or when I was sitting in the doctors office , surrounded by a waiting room of non Jews , this past Friday while the local news reported yet more reported cases in our county.
Or when I go outdoors and the non Jewish neighbors go inside because they are afraid we will contaminate them.
Or that I remained home bound with my baby for 6 months until she was able to get the vaccine .
I'm also sick of it. I'm sick of hearing that a classmate in my son's class showed up with the measles to school burning with fever but his mother pushed him to go to night Seder.
I'm sick and tired of the blatant anti semitim that already existed here, intensified and it makes us so uncomfortable because a few people decided to say this is a "religious" thing and fit us all into the same box.
I wish I didn't hear this word, I wish I didn't care . These threads are a joke compared to the real struggle I'm dealing with daily because of this big bad word : M-E-A-S-E-L-S!!!

That stinks. So sorry you have to deal with all this.

abaker

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:55 pm
keym wrote:

I really do stay out of the real "to vax or not to vax" threads but by me it's:

MMRV MMRV MMRV MMRV MMRV MMRV

as the varicella/chicken pox is part of this vaccine. LOL

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:03 pm
Ill be clobbered if I start a new Measles/Vax thread, so Ill ask here.

Has anyone changed their mind either totally or partially, from being pro-vax to anti-vax or the reverse?

Im a grandma who vaxed all the kids, and my grandkids are all getting vaxed, but I had the SHOCK OF MY LIFE today when I had a conversation with one of the smartest people I know, who lives nowhere near any Charedi community, who is highly educated, and rersearches everything, who told me that shes ANTI-VAX.

Im thinking there may be many other smart educated people I know and dont know, outside of the ultra frum communities, who are anti-vax and its making me think....

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:39 pm
mig100 wrote:

Yes! I am so happy they were finally given their own forum so now I can happily ignore it

Einikel

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:40 pm
mig100 wrote:

I reported it requesting it be moved.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:46 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Ill be clobbered if I start a new Measles/Vax thread, so Ill ask here.

Has anyone changed their mind either totally or partially, from being pro-vax to anti-vax or the reverse?

Im a grandma who vaxed all the kids, and my grandkids are all getting vaxed, but I had the SHOCK OF MY LIFE today when I had a conversation with one of the smartest people I know, who lives nowhere near any Charedi community, who is highly educated, and rersearches everything, who told me that shes ANTI-VAX.

Im thinking there may be many other smart educated people I know and dont know, outside of the ultra frum communities, who are anti-vax and its making me think....

A ton of non Jews I know don't vaxx

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:52 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Why’d you start a 13th thread?

You win the internet today.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Um....u spelled it wrong.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics