Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti Vax Event??
  Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:08 pm
meme6 wrote:
This was said by the one from gibbers not monsey

shtissim. a male relative was at the meeting with monsey rebbe and he said he doesnt know enuff either way, he actually asked to hear more about anti-vaxxers concerns.
ich hub gurnisht eingeleigt with the gibbers rebbe and have no clue what he holds on this issue. all I know is what I know about the monsey rebbes, past and current

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:11 pm
meme6 wrote:
I said I know for a fact current monsey rabbi is pro vaccines and he had a meeting. With anti vaxxers and told them he’s not supporting them and guess what they changed what he said! I know this for a fact yes!

how do you know this for a fact? he told you directly that he is pro vaccines? I want to hear what he said, to whom, and in response to what. thank you.

meme6

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:13 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
how do you know this for a fact? he told you directly that he is pro vaccines? I want to hear what he said, to whom, and in response to what. thank you.

I don’t owe you anything! I’ve proven to others anti vaxxers change stories!
Your ignorant for not vaccinating and I’m done wasting time on you idiots!
I know for a fact I know inside details that I do not believe your aware of and I can’t ahare further details

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:24 pm
meme6 wrote:
I know for a fact I know inside details that I do not believe your aware of and I can’t ahare further details

oooooooooh sounds super mysterious. cant share details but I shud take ur word for it? ah.

devo1982

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:01 pm
Well, it’s on the front page of the NYT website now. Towards the bottom, but there nonetheless.

“Despite Measles Warnings, Anti-Vaccine Rally Draws Hundreds of Ultra-Orthodox Jews

The “vaccine symposium” in Rockland County was denounced by health authorities and some ultra-Orthodox rabbis, who said the speakers were spreading dangerous propaganda.”

Can't Believe It

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:06 pm
meme6 wrote:

Sorry. I didnt see you prove anything. I didn't see where you PROVED that anti vax changed a story. The Rebbe did not sign that letter you claim is out under his auspices. You keep on making sweeping statements and hiding mysterious secrets but don't prove anything.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:06 pm
devo1982 wrote:
Well, it’s on the front page of the NYT website now. Towards the bottom, but there nonetheless.

“Despite Measles Warnings, Anti-Vaccine Rally Draws Hundreds of Ultra-Orthodox Jews

The “vaccine symposium” in Rockland County was denounced by health authorities and some ultra-Orthodox rabbis, who said the speakers were spreading dangerous propaganda.”

Can't Believe It

As I read the above Im thinking the below (I just posted the below on another Vax thread):

Has anyone changed their mind either totally or partially, from being pro-vax to anti-vax or the reverse?

Im a grandma who vaxed all the kids, and my grandkids are all getting vaxed, but I had the SHOCK OF MY LIFE today when I had a conversation with one of the smartest people I know, who lives nowhere near any Charedi community, who is highly educated, and rersearches everything, who told me that shes ANTI-VAX.

Im thinking there may be many other smart educated people I know and dont know, outside of the ultra frum communities, who are anti-vax and its making me think....

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:11 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
definitely more than the kehilla wants... lol

You better duck before someone blows your cover! Hiding Hiding Hiding

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:44 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
As I read the above Im thinking the below (I just posted the below on another Vax thread):

Has anyone changed their mind either totally or partially, from being pro-vax to anti-vax or the reverse?

Im a grandma who vaxed all the kids, and my grandkids are all getting vaxed, but I had the SHOCK OF MY LIFE today when I had a conversation with one of the smartest people I know, who lives nowhere near any Charedi community, who is highly educated, and rersearches everything, who told me that shes ANTI-VAX.

Im thinking there may be many other smart educated people I know and dont know, outside of the ultra frum communities, who are anti-vax and its making me think....

I think most of us anti vaxxers were similarly pretty shocked to first learn what we now know as truth. We were mostly raised to be provax, but life has led us down a different road.

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:47 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
In case you read what I wrote, I was saying there is no obligation to TAKE A RISK to protect others
Maybe I'll comment later on the rest. Hard to type now

According to Rabbi Doctor Tatz quoting a rav (forgot which), if you're also benefiting because you're also being protected from disease, then it's in a different category. He may have said it's a chiyuv, but I would need to double check that.

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:50 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

Smart and intelligent people can be gullible, make mistakes, and fall for propaganda. They can be driven by emotion, fall for confirmation bias, and misunderstand what they're reading.

Etcetera

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 9:54 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

What makes you think she's so smart?

I've been following and responding point-by-point to many of the anti-vax posts in these threads, and I'm not impressed by any of the arguments. They show a lack of understanding of how scientific research is done, ignorance of how to evaluate claims, faulty reasoning, and baseless claims. This is across the board.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:00 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

I've been following and responding point-by-point to many of the anti-vax posts in these threads, and I'm not impressed by any of the arguments. They show a lack of understanding of how scientific research is done, ignorance of how to evaluate claims, faulty reasoning, and baseless claims. This is across the board.

This should be cut & pasted & bolded across every site & vaccine thread.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:31 pm
youngishbear wrote:
According to Rabbi Doctor Tatz quoting a rav (forgot which), if you're also benefiting because you're also being protected from disease, then it's in a different category. He may have said it's a chiyuv, but I would need to double check that.

I'm not beneffitting. I would like to benefit from lifelong immunity
In case you listened to Rabbi Tatz's entire speech, he said he has some misgivings on the Americans schedule

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:32 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

I had two people comment to me lately that they don't know much about vaccines but the smart intelligent people they know aren't vaccinating.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:34 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

The most I hear from most Pro Vaxxer is that vaccines are safe and effective
And that I'm a rodef.

happyness

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:37 pm
The most I hear from most Pro Vaxxer is that vaccines are safe and effective
And that I'm a rodef.

That's because you cherry pick

YOu also are asked "what about the pregnant that are not immune?".."what would you do if you had a very sick child ch'v...would you vaccinate your other children"

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:40 pm
I'm not beneffitting. I would like to benefit from lifelong immunity
In case you listened to Rabbi Tatz's entire speech, he said he has some misgivings on the Americans schedule

Who's cherry picking now?

batya315

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:43 pm
I had two people comment to me lately that they don't know much about vaccines but the smart intelligent people they know aren't vaccinating.

Then we must deduce that "smart" and "intelligent" are relative terms.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:51 pm
delicious wrote:
That's because you cherry pick

YOu also are asked "what about the pregnant that are not immune?".."what would you do if you had a very sick child ch'v...would you vaccinate your other children"

about the pregnant, unfortunately they didn't get measles when they were young and I am not going to recreate that problem with my children.
I would NOT vaccinate in case of sick child chas vsholom.
I believe that Hashem is powerful enough to make vaccinated and unvaccinated equally healthy or sick. I don't think my hishtadlus of not vaccinating is what keeps my children healthier or safer than vaccinated children. I simply feel that this is my hishtadlus and I would like to do that in peace
in the beginning of the measles outbreak, I was begging people who wanted to spread anti vax information, not to. I felt that whoever knows, can't unknow what they know and this is their hishtadlus. and like my rav told me, someone who doesn't know- shoimer pesoim Hashem.
but once I was being called a rodef etc I saw the need for education. at least so that you can respect the other side
it just so happens to be, that my family has a few clearly vaccine injured children, confirmed by the top neurologists, and my pro vax doctor and my pro choice rav told me not to vax. I don't know why pro vax people have a softer heart for me. why did it take a few damaged children for me to get exempt from vaxxing. why can't we all follow our gut feeling
Page 10 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics