Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
12 measles threads! Enough already!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:02 pm
ectomorph wrote:
A ton of non Jews I know don't vaxx

I know both non-Jews and non-religious Jews who don't vax. Most of them aren't particularly smart. Some are smart but selfish. They cynically rely on herd immunity. It's a bizarre sort of selfishness, given how small the risk of adverse effects is, and how risky their lifestyles, replete with activities like mountain climbing and sky diving, are.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:05 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I know both non-Jews and non-religious Jews who don't vax. Most of them aren't particularly smart. Some are smart but selfish. They cynically rely on herd immunity. It's a bizarre sort of selfishness, given how small the risk of adverse effects is, and how risky their lifestyles, replete with activities like mountain climbing and sky diving, are.

Yup. I'm on a private group of mostly non Jews who have kids with a particular issue. I am one of the few who vaxx. (don't worry, I made a point of telling everyone about it when I gave the mmr early)

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:17 pm
Totally Thunderstorm.
So embarrassing every time I walk into hem/onc clinic and because of my zipcode first get a 'pre screening' phone call & then another whole questionnaire to confirm that were not ch'v exposing anyone to measles.
Was bushas to be talked behind my back by ED attending on doing 'measles precautions' because of our zipcode- I stopped her right there & had the nurse check the chart to show titer results (never mind we were first stopped by door- not allowed into ED because when they saw our chasidish garb they had to do a screening as well).

yeah, appreciating the pre-screening so my immunocompromised child should be'H not be exposed, but so so degrading.
I cannot even imagine how my grandparents felt when they had to wear the yellow star.

Quote:
Quote:
simba wrote:
Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.

MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. LOL LOL

What comes next?
AUTISM Surprised AUTISM Rolling Eyes AUTISM Banging head
???????????????????????????????????????????????
Eta:
I sure hope nobody takes my last line sang in- frustration tongue in cheek mode- seriously...

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 15 2019, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Notsobusy

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Um....u spelled it wrong.

Did you read anything she wrote, or did you only notice her spelling mistake?

simba

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:39 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
simba wrote:
Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.measles. Measles. Measles. Measles.

MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. MMR. LOL LOL

What comes next?
AUTISM Surprised AUTISM Rolling Eyes AUTISM Banging head
???????????????????????????????????????????????

No. Stop the fear mongering. No autism.

Just sick kids, sick sweet babies on respirators. Sterile males. Deaf babies. A healthy dose of anti-semitism.
No big deal.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:56 pm
simba wrote:
No. Stop the fear mongering. No autism.

Just sick kids, sick sweet babies on respirators. Sterile males. Deaf babies. A healthy dose of anti-semitism.
No big deal.

Absolutely.
Shall I go back and edit?
Here's a trivia question to antivaxer moms.
Not your child, because yours will be'H go through measles with flying colors.
But, hypothetically. is it better to have a endotracheal tube down your throat with potential to harm your vocal cords and being on life support with all the risks it entails to the lungs, risk vision and hearing impairment as opposed to the smaller risk the vaccine entails?

I wouldn't ask you this last August- but now- if you live in Brooklyn, Rockland county or any other affected area- would you still not reconsider??

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:03 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Why’d you start a 13th thread?

Oh THAT'S what they mean by "contagious".

Sunny Days

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:07 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:
Oh THAT'S what they mean by "contagious".

Hold on while I grab my hazmat suit & full face mask

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:13 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
You know how you feel when you keep reading these threads, and you want to shout enough is enough? Well that's how I feel IRL when my DH and kids walked into Home Depot in Nanuet and the Home Depot cashiers made sure to ask one another loudly if they checked if they had the measles shot when they were younger and they all walked away not to be too close to my husband and kids.
Or when I was sitting in the doctors office , surrounded by a waiting room of non Jews , this past Friday while the local news reported yet more reported cases in our county.
Or when I go outdoors and the non Jewish neighbors go inside because they are afraid we will contaminate them.
Or that I remained home bound with my baby for 6 months until she was able to get the vaccine .
I'm also sick of it. I'm sick of hearing that a classmate in my son's class showed up with the measles to school burning with fever but his mother pushed him to go to night Seder.
I'm sick and tired of the blatant anti semitim that already existed here, intensified and it makes us so uncomfortable because a few people decided to say this is a "religious" thing and fit us all into the same box.
I wish I didn't hear this word, I wish I didn't care . These threads are a joke compared to the real struggle I'm dealing with daily because of this big bad word : M-E-A-S-E-L-S!!!

how interesting that people who are full vaccinated are still afraid of catching the measles. my kids all had measles and we aren't afraid of catching it.
sorry for your sorry state. antisemitism is bound to happen one way or another

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:39 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
how interesting that people who are full vaccinated are still afraid of catching the measles. my kids all had measles and we aren't afraid of catching it.

Do you have difficulties with reading comprehension? Thunderstorm was afraid that her infant would catch it before the baby was old enough to be vaccinated.

Please don't bother to respond that nursing babies don't get the measles. It's not only untrue, it also ignores the fact that not every mother can breastfeed.

meme6

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:08 am
thunderstorm wrote:
You know how you feel when you keep reading these threads, and you want to shout enough is enough? Well that's how I feel IRL when my DH and kids walked into Home Depot in Nanuet and the Home Depot cashiers made sure to ask one another loudly if they checked if they had the measles shot when they were younger and they all walked away not to be too close to my husband and kids.
Or when I was sitting in the doctors office , surrounded by a waiting room of non Jews , this past Friday while the local news reported yet more reported cases in our county.
Or when I go outdoors and the non Jewish neighbors go inside because they are afraid we will contaminate them.
Or that I remained home bound with my baby for 6 months until she was able to get the vaccine .
I'm also sick of it. I'm sick of hearing that a classmate in my son's class showed up with the measles to school burning with fever but his mother pushed him to go to night Seder.
I'm sick and tired of the blatant anti semitim that already existed here, intensified and it makes us so uncomfortable because a few people decided to say this is a "religious" thing and fit us all into the same box.
I wish I didn't hear this word, I wish I didn't care . These threads are a joke compared to the real struggle I'm dealing with daily because of this big bad word : M-E-A-S-E-L-S!!!

It’s humiliating and horrible I’m in the same position as you! Can I say I hate anti vaxxers and what they caused they twist everything that’s said!

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:46 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

There are babies and immunocompromised people you know. My grandmother lives in an outbreak area and I haven't been able to visit her since it began because I lost my immunity while pregnant and now BH have a baby too young for the shot. I'm stuck in the house with that baby now that measles have come to my community, which as an extrovert increases my risk of PPD.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 6:54 am
strangest to me is this often smug (mis)belief antivaxxers seem to hold that they are the "thinkers" and "researchers", the "smart" ones as if they know some secret the entire medical establishment, proven history, and the world at large seem to have "missed'.
Very very odd and troubling. Really sad.
Reminds me of cult members who can be wonderful smart people who have been brainwashed to sincerely espouse irrational (mis)beliefs at odds with objective reality.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:27 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
strangest to me is this often smug (mis)belief antivaxxers seem to hold that they are the "thinkers" and "researchers", the "smart" ones as if they know some secret the entire medical establishment, proven history, and the world at large seem to have "missed'.
Reminds me of cult members who can be wonderful smart people who have been brainwashed to sincerely espouse irrational (mis)beliefs at odds with objective reality.

It is a cult. That is exactly what the antivax movement is. A brainwashed cult.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:29 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:

It is odd. They portray all those who vaccinate their children in accordance with CDC-recommended schedules as sheeple who don't think. Of course many parents follow their pediatricians' guidelines. We outsource our care to experts in many areas.

The real question is: To which experts are you outsourcing your care? To people who have received medical degrees and who keep up with the medical literature and latest recommendations which are developed through careful analysis of evidence? Or to people who either don't have medical degrees and recommend unproven "remedies", or if they do have medical degrees, have long abandoned evidence-based medicine?

It's obviously more rational to outsource to the first group. I don't think this means that we should abandon skepticism -- I myself am hugely skeptical of nearly every piece of advice I get, in any domain, from all directions -- but I do not see how it makes any sense to be skeptical of evidence-based medicine, and instead embrace the "natural medicine" that left many of our ancestors burying their children.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:31 am
meme6 wrote:
It’s humiliating and horrible I’m in the same position as you! Can I say I hate anti vaxxers and what they caused they twist everything that’s said!

I started a thread that they're evil and was accused of being obsessed.

I think it's important to start anti antivax threads Syu the forum doesn't appeared to be all anti

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:10 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It is a cult. That is exactly what the antivax movement is. A brainwashed cult.

Among this cult, are there ANY medical doctors who after going through medical school AND studying the studies from a medical doctor's point of view and level of understanding medicine and chemicals, choose not to vax?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:25 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Among this cult, are there ANY medical doctors who after going through medical school AND studying the studies from a medical doctor's point of view and level of understanding medicine and chemicals, choose not to vax?

There sure are some doctors that are not pro vax. They stay low key and under the radar. A doctor that isn’t vaccinating his patients or that is handing out too many medical exemptions has and will lose his/ her license and credibility. There is a lot of risk involved for a doctor who accepts non vaxxers into his practice. However, there are some brave MDs out there who thankfully still do even though that choice is being taken away.

There is not much decision making involved for a doctor to vaccinate. There is a protocol, a recommended schedule, and doctors are expected to follow it. Those of you who believe doctors are studying and reading up on vaccines all day are a little dillusional.

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:38 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

YES!
Some of the anti-vax leadership are so-called "medical Mavericks" who have a following and some of them make $$$ writing phoney exemptions. These docs make more on speaking engagements, books, and supplements then regular doctors who merely vaccinate people and as a result, don't have any sick people to make money from.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:42 am
southernbubby wrote:
YES!
Some of the anti-vax leadership are so-called "medical Mavericks" who have a following and some of them make $$$ writing phoney exemptions. These docs make more on speaking engagements, books, and supplements then regular doctors who merely vaccinate people and as a result, don't have any sick people to make money from.

Don’t have any sick people to make money from?Are you for real?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics