Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How much does the Special Election in Flatbush today matter?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 5:55 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Is it though? I think it’s a chillul Hashem that they don’t support a frum woman.

If rabbis supported someone only because they are frum, THAT would be sad and a chillul Hashem

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:05 pm
Just an FYI, if anyone posting here works for a campaign, make sure you're not violating local, state, or federal laws regarding transparency in political advertising.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:21 pm
Well I for one would love to see an article about how the Rabbis supported and African American women running against an Orthodox Jewish women because they felt that the African-American woman was a better candidate in the New York Times.

Now that would be appreciated!!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:25 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Well I for one would love to see an article about how the Rabbis supported and African American women running against an Orthodox Jewish women because they felt that the African-American woman was a better candidate in the New York Times.

Now that would be appreciated!!

They are supporting Farah Louis who is Haitian American, not African American. She apparently said that Jews annoy her but thats alright, Jewish politicians can forgive her but cannot forgive a Frum woman. Sad.

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne......html

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne......html

momsrus

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:36 pm
What grown woman would defend FG? She had the maturity of a ten year old.

I thought this site was for married women, they must have allowed some teenagers to post here.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:39 pm
Who exactly is "they"? There are tens of rabbanim in Flatbush and this isn't halacha lmoshe misinai. So a couple of rabbanim were vocal about whom they support. Nice. If it's truly relevant to you, consult your own rabbi for his opinion on the matter.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:41 pm
Farrah Louis won the election. I'm relieved.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 6:43 pm
Farah Louise is an excellent candidate. She deserves this opportunity. As a religious woman who respects religious people, I think she will be good for our community.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:01 pm
Is it though? I think it’s a chillul Hashem that they don’t support a frum woman.

“Frum”is relative, and u think anyone supposedly frum should be supported no matter what? Holy moly

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:04 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Who exactly is "they"? There are tens of rabbanim in Flatbush and this isn't halacha lmoshe misinai. So a couple of rabbanim were vocal about whom they support. Nice. If it's truly relevant to you, consult your own rabbi for his opinion on the matter.

I doubt any respectable rabbi would endorse Flatbush girl. This whole conversation is ridiculous and obviously she has one fan here, who’s probably her. Ugh

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:05 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
Farrah Louis won the election. I'm relieved.

Thankfully. To Flatbush girl: buh bye, go back to your internet publicity seeking cave.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:35 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Thankfully. To Flatbush girl: buh bye, go back to your internet publicity seeking cave.

I wonder if she will make changes, big or small, in her approach, or if she will stay the Flatbush Girl were all familiar with.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 7:40 pm
BOARD OF ELECTIONS IN THE CITY OF NEW YORK
2019 Special
UNOFFICIAL ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS

Member of the City Council 45th Council District
(Vote for one)
Name Party Votes Percentage
1 FARAH N. LOUIS A Unified 45 3861 41.81 %

2 MONIQUE CHANDLER-WATERMAN A Vital Voice 2790 30.21 %

3 JOVIA A. RADIX Justice for All 849 9.19 %

4 XAMAYLA ROSE Rose For Progress 533 5.77 %

5 L. RICKIE TULLOCH Peoples Movement 617 6.68 %

6 ADINA SASH Community First 419 4.54 %

7 ANTHONY ALEXIS Unite to Uplift 110 1.19 %

8 VICTOR JORDAN Last Chance 43 0.47 %

9 WRITE-IN 13 0.14 %

https://web.enrboenyc.us/OF18CY0PY1.html

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:19 pm
Did the other thread about this election disappear?

I think the same person who doesnt fit in and represent most of "Flatbush", would be a "star" in a place like Englewood, New Jersey, just to name one community, and there are many other communities along the lines of Englewood, NJ. Its just that Englewood came to mind first.

What do others think?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think the same person who doesnt fit in and represent most of "Flatbush", would be a "star" in a place like Englewood, New Jersey, just to name one community, and there are many other communities along the lines of Englewood, NJ. Its just that Englewood came to mind first.

What do others think?
I think everyone would see her as the attention grabbing, money grubbing, power seeking individual that she is.

She absolutely hates frumkeit.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:48 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
She absolutely hates frumkeit.

I dont think so. Then shed have totally changed her dress, gone to Footsteps, shed be eating Treif, etc.

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont think so. Then shed have totally changed her dress, gone to Footsteps, shed be eating Treif, etc.

Nah, much better to destroy from within.

Instead she doesn't send her kids to yeshiva, publically encourages others to eat cheeseburgers, shows up in public places to speak badly on other Jews

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What do others think?

I’m from Teaneck, NJ and I like her. But it seems like she is a star in her own community too. People are obsessed with her.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 4:35 pm
I’m from Teaneck, NJ and I like her. But it seems like she is a star in her own community too. People are obsessed with her.

Obsessed with her for the humor and gossip factor, but dont want her making any decisions for them, with how her mind works.

OOT more modern communities might trust her to make decisions of importance.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 8:32 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Nah, much better to destroy from within.

Instead she doesn't send her kids to yeshiva, publically encourages others to eat cheeseburgers, shows up in public places to speak badly on other Jews

Is she open about where she sends her boys to school?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries