Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Anyone going to Provided Expo?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:27 pm
I saw ads in frum magazines but no other publicity. Trying to decide if it's worth going because on one hand I do want to network and grow my career, on the other hand the timing is really lousy for me and I've never been to an expo before so I'm not sure what is to be gained.

I'm currently a seit with lots of experience and potentially interested in branching off to evaluations, advocacy, teacher training, or curriculum development, but I'm not sure yet which one.

aricelli

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:44 pm
Is this the expo at The Palace? With Fraida Flaischman and Miriam Manela? I’m not a professional but from a moms perspective it sounds awesome. I was thinking of going.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:47 pm
Yes that one

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:49 pm
Too bad the one workshop I would most want to attend overlaps with a prior commitment in a whole different area. The concept is amazing but the timing is just rotten for me. Why would they do this on a random weekday when their target audience is working? And the vast majority of providers get paid by the hour so they can't even take a sick/personal day for this.

aricelli

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:55 pm
May I ask which workshop that was?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 10:50 pm
The one in the evening, I think about teaching kids self-regulation. I have an unmovable commitment at that time. The problem is I also have work in the morning to afternoon, and my own kids to attend to during after-school hours. As it is I already need to find a babysitter for my evening thing. I really think this might be a good chance to meet people but I just don't know if it's worth what it would take to make it happen... maybe I'll just hope they do it again next year at a better time...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 11:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The one in the evening, I think about teaching kids self-regulation. I have an unmovable commitment at that time. The problem is I also have work in the morning to afternoon, and my own kids to attend to during after-school hours. As it is I already need to find a babysitter for my evening thing. I really think this might be a good chance to meet people but I just don't know if it's worth what it would take to make it happen... maybe I'll just hope they do it again next year at a better time...

Right?! That's the one I wanted to go to as well. But the timing :/

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 11:09 pm
It’s also the same day as a Title One meeting that the Agudah organized.

2gether

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:04 am
I never went to this one, but I found expos to be very valuable if you are organized. You have to have an elevator pitch ready, be clear with what you offer, be ready for questions, preferably have a business card, and take down peoples #s and follow up afterwards.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:59 pm
So, how was it? Anything interesting? Were there a lot of ppl at the lectures?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics