Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
If u attended Sharfman do you think....

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:43 pm
They would work with a student with minor social issues, and relatively low academic strength, extremely intilectial, smart in a brainy way, deliciously warm, creative thinker.

It would be a second year in Israel for her after attending more of a special needs program where she was way more advanced than the rest of the group.

She doesn’t want to have to be studying for tests and all but loves and is a very capable contributor to discussions and research and reports

She may very well want to try taking some college and parents would be open/interested in paying a peer to look out for her.

Please tell me your thoughts- if you know the school and the director, and think it’s worth a shot.

Also, socially, do you think she would find girls there to be more tolerant, forgiving and accepting than in a typical BY type environment.

Tia

seeker

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:05 am
Does Ateres still have a second year? Could be a great fit.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:11 am
I could be wrong, but I don't think sharfmans takes second years who weren't in their first year program? Unless u would want her to go to the first year program? Sounds like a decent option. Depends if they would accept her though.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:29 am
What do you mean by "low academic strength"?

From what I know, Sharfman only accepts serious learners, and has a very high standard.

It doesn't hurt to apply, but I think it would be a 50/50 chance of getting in.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:40 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
What do you mean by "low academic strength"?

From what I know, Sharfman only accepts serious learners, and has a very high standard.

That's not true at all. Sharfmans has all different academic levels, the classes are divided by levels.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:53 am
To be honest, I only know of the Sharfman of 16 years ago. The administration has changed quite a bit since then, so that's why I said it's still worth applying.

OP, I wish you the best of luck finding the perfect placement for your DD, wherever that ends up being.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:44 am
Thanks for responses. I would have her attend their first year program.
What I mean by low academic strength is that she has a hard time reading mefirshim and was never great translating Hebrew text, doesn’t test well on written tests, needsjudaic studies tests written in english. She was a c student in a normal high school, and needed resource room help.
However she is extremely smart in other ways....

Frantic Frumi- thank you for your sweet and caring well wishes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics