Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
South Africa
Previous  1  2

nchr

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 3:00 pm
Zehava wrote:
He’ll get that only in jo’burg if you aren’t on an organized tour.

You can get that in Cape Town as well.

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 3:55 pm
Also had a great experience with celafrica!

amother
Red

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its interesting you say its a six hour bus ride. One tour company says its only 3.5 drive from Johannesburg to Kruger while another one says its 6 hours.

There is no normal way to get to a gate at Kruger in 3.5 hours from Joburg. I live in a Kruger obsessed community. People, especially the guys will literally go for 24 hours. And if you drive in middle of the night at 140-160 km per hour you can get there in 3.5 hours. But that is not something I would advise. Otherwise it’s more like 5. (We have kids and always need to make a stop or two so it becomes more like 6) Driving in a car. Never taken a bus. But imagine it would be slower.

It’s minimum +400 km. And there are tolls and street driving etc. the closer gates have street driving to get to the gates. Like malelene numbi. Crocodile gate is further but it’s a big highway most of the time.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 6:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you go on your own or with an organized tour?

We went on our own

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:50 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
There is no normal way to get to a gate at Kruger in 3.5 hours from Joburg. I live in a Kruger obsessed community. People, especially the guys will literally go for 24 hours. And if you drive in middle of the night at 140-160 km per hour you can get there in 3.5 hours. But that is not something I would advise. Otherwise it’s more like 5. (We have kids and always need to make a stop or two so it becomes more like 6) Driving in a car. Never taken a bus. But imagine it would be slower.

It’s minimum +400 km. And there are tolls and street driving etc. the closer gates have street driving to get to the gates. Like malelene numbi. Crocodile gate is further but it’s a big highway most of the time.

Thank you for clarifying. The tour company that is not going there said it takes 6 hours to get there. The other one said its only 3.5 hours.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:47 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Also had a great experience with celafrica!
. We also used her, was very happy, though I think she does individual bookings and tours to the different lodges in Kruger, plus arranges food, not the type there is a minyan, though could be she does it too
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics