Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti Vax Event??
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12  Next

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:55 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Smart and intelligent people can be gullible, make mistakes, and fall for propaganda. They can be driven by emotion, fall for confirmation bias, and misunderstand what they're reading.

Etcetera

In my life I have seen how a minority opinion turned out to be right.

Only G-d knows the real truth of how harmful vaccinations are.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 10:57 pm

I'll give you lies on both sides
PIE referenced a Danish study of unvaxxed vs vaxxed. anyone who knows how to read a study and goes to the original study sees that it was vaccinated children vs vaccinated children who didn't get the MMR
(pro vaxxers are very busy debunking Wakefield and his MMR autism study. most anti vaxxers don't base their decision on that)

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:04 pm
the anti vaxxers used a clip they cut from a speech Bill Gates saying that with vaccination we can reduce the population. they went wild forwarding it.
anyone who went to the original video and listened in saw that he was saying that if people properly vaccinate, their children will be healthy and they will have less children... find the clip on youtube. I don;t know how to post it

my point is that there are lies everywhere.
the studies on vaccines are not sufficient. there are definitely some vaccine injury.
I would like to take the risk of measles and not of vaccines. let me live
and if you're going to say I am a rodef, see my previous posts

lcraighten

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:36 am
The NY Times covered the event:

NY Times Article

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:40 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

I'll give you lies on both sides
PIE referenced a Danish study of unvaxxed vs vaxxed. anyone who knows how to read a study and goes to the original study sees that it was vaccinated children vs vaccinated children who didn't get the MMR
(pro vaxxers are very busy debunking Wakefield and his MMR autism study. most anti vaxxers don't base their decision on that)

What are you talking about? None of the pro-vaxers lied. It was very clear in the journal articles reporting on the Danish studies that "vaccinated" and "unvaccinated" referred to "receiving the MMR vaccine" vs "not receiving the MMR vaccine."

How else would this be a controlled study?

I am linking below to a post I wrote on April 12th (link is to second page in a thread; the post I am referring to is the 11th post on that page) that gives links to an editorial in the Annals of Internal Medicine about that study, and the main article reporting on that study.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....72592

This has been available to you for over a month now.

Last edited by JoyInTheMorning on Wed, May 15 2019, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:47 am
lcraighten wrote:

NY Times Article

Scientology lol

Although I feel more like crying than laughing at what has become of the עם חכם ונבון

Tainted vaccines targeting our community? Really? Can't Believe It

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:58 am
There are some bored-looking young girls in the NYT photo.
It almost looks as though they paid people to come to the event.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:01 am
This is so embarrassing Can't Believe It

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:11 am
lcraighten wrote:

NY Times Article

Blah blah blah blah NYTIMES is totally biased. A big thumbs up for this event!!!!! Cheers Cheers

WhatFor

amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
This is so embarrassing Can't Believe It

Embarrassing is the least of the issues here. And vaccines aside, how on earth is it acceptable to a group of Monsey-frum people to sit there and get lectured to by a representative of the Church of Scientology? Although I guess if you're throwing all common sense out the window, what's one more thing?

JoyInTheMorning

youngishbear wrote:
Scientology lol

Although I feel more like crying than laughing at what has become of the עם חכם ונבון

Tainted vaccines targeting our community? Really? Can't Believe It

It's a consequence of

(1) Insufficient science education in our schools

(2) Teaching critical thinking skills in very limited ways

(3) Too much emphasis on respect for authority figures in our community, even in areas outside their areas of expertise

WhatFor

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:14 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Blah blah blah blah NYTIMES is totally biased. A big thumbs up for this event!!!!! Cheers Cheers

Yeah, thumbs up to you for enabling Jewish babies and elderly people to get sick and suffer permanent brain damage or die! You should be so proud of yourself! Antisemites everywhere applaud you! Cheers!

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:16 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
It's a consequence of

(1) Insufficient science education in our schools

(2) Teaching critical thinking skills in very limited ways

(3) Too much emphasis on respect for authority figures in our community, even in areas outside their areas of expertise

How do you explain the defiance of medical experts?

And the willingness to buy into kooky conspiracy theories?

This is not even about the science.

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:18 am
How do antivaxxers pick which conspiracy theory to believe? It's at least as likely that there is a conspiracy by Wakefield et al to divide the Jewish community and weaken our collective health by making us suspicious of vaccination.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:25 am
WhatFor wrote:
Embarrassing is the least of the issues here. And vaccines aside, how on earth is it acceptable to a group of Monsey-frum people to sit there and get lectured to by a representative of the Church of Scientology? Although I guess if you're throwing all common sense out the window, what's one more thing?

Trust me, I have a lot of other words, embarrassing was just the nicest one.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:27 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
What are you talking about? None of the pro-vaxers lied. It was very clear in the journal articles reporting on the Danish studies that "vaccinated" and "unvaccinated" referred to "receiving the MMR vaccine" vs "not receiving the MMR vaccine."

How else would this be a controlled study?

I am linking below to a post I wrote on April 12th (link is to second page in a thread; the post I am referring to is the 11th post on that page) that gives links to an editorial in the Annals of Internal Medicine about that study, and the main article reporting on that study.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....72592

This has been available to you for over a month now.

Let us call it misleading instead of lying

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:34 am
WhatFor wrote:

And what about the doctor that believes that the frum community was deliberately given a bad batch of the MMR and therefore has a varient strain of measles that is resistant to treatment?!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:38 am
youngishbear wrote:
How do antivaxxers pick which conspiracy theory to believe? It's at least as likely that there is a conspiracy by Wakefield et al to divide the Jewish community and weaken our collective health by making us suspicious of vaccination.

That question has been puzzling me, too, and not only regarding vaccination. I don't know if it has been discussed on imamother, but I've seen discussions on Facebook suggesting that Russian trolls have a role in promoting anti-vax theories, particularly in countries they want to weaken, like Ukraine and the US. I haven't seen any evidence for this, and as I've said, I'm skeptical about everything. If the Russian trolls theory is true, I doubt they are specifically targeting the Jewish community. The RWO Jewish community is also not typical in its use of social media since so many of its members are prohibited from general access to social media. However, that may make influencers in a social media network -- those people whose posts are circulated most often, both in and out of social media channels -- far more potent. The question then is: What sways the influencers? And what is there specifically about these influencers that makes them easier targets of a hostile campaign?

I would still argue that a deep-seated aversion to science and evidence has a large role to play in the dynamics.

But all of this is speculative. Tzarich Iyun. Further analysis and research are needed.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:40 am
What a chillul hashem! Because of some idiots we all have to suffer and be shamed. Whoever organized this event- karma is a b@tch.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:55 am
youngishbear wrote:

Baruch shekivanti
Page 11 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics