Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Anyone currently living in Linden NJ?
1  2  Next

lora

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:07 am
I'm considering moving to Linden and will likely go check it out soon but I would love to hear of anyone who lives or is planning to move there soon.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:15 am
I lived in Linden previously. We moved away some time ago. I found it to be too small and cliquey. Although we made some friends and we liked the rabbi we never felt like we were accepted by the community as a whole. It’s like we just couldn’t break in. I much prefer a medium sized community like Elizabeth or Hillside (and plenty others in Jersey like these) than such a small community with one shul.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:43 am
You may get more helpful responses if you specify which community in Linden you're looking to join-MO or new chasidish one.

Good luck

dankbar

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 11:01 am
Exactly. Seems lke azure is not chassidish & has other options in New Jersey to go live at, there are no chassidim in these other places she mentions.

lora

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 6:18 pm
thank you for responding, I'm looking at the chassidish circle but I'm interested in the general crowd since you live side by side...I also want to know about the conveniences available like Eiruv, Mikvah, grocery.

dankbar

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 6:23 pm
My relative lives in chassidishe circle. No grocery yet.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:22 pm
lora wrote:
thank you for responding, I'm looking at the chassidish circle but I'm interested in the general crowd since you live side by side...I also want to know about the conveniences available like Eiruv, Mikvah, grocery.

Shoprite in Clark has a decent kosher section and even a kosher bakery (supervised by the Linden MO rabbi), but not CY. For meat and cheese and pessach you'd want to go to Arons on West Orange or Seasons in Clifton. Neither is close.

cnc

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:24 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Shoprite in Clark has a decent kosher section and even a kosher bakery (supervised by the Linden MO rabbi), but not CY. For meat and cheese and pessach you'd want to go to Arons on West Orange or Seasons in Clifton. Neither is close.

Wouldn’t Brooklyn or SI be much closer than WO or Clifton? (Based on what the people that I know living there do...)

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:15 pm
cnc wrote:
Wouldn’t Brooklyn or SI be much closer than WO or Clifton? (Based on what the people that I know living there do...)

Very expensive and inconvenient, unless you're going to those places anyway.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 11:41 pm
The chasidish community doesn’t have their own mikvah, they use the community mikvah.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 1:35 am
my uncle the rebbi himself is going to move only after the local mikvah is ready

BrachaBP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:26 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
my uncle the rebbi himself is going to move only after the local mikvah is ready

Hi all

We closed on a house recently and are planning to move soon. The Rebbe moved in right before pesach and they have their own mikvah. As for shopping the grocery in Elizabeth which is about a 6 minute Car ride away delivers and is fully stocked.

We're excited about the move to Linden.

Does anybody have experience with moving companies? Do they provide pack up services to pack up your current apartment?

Thanks.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:40 am
just to mention that the rebbi is back in bp moved in tempory for pesach

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:50 am
BrachaBP wrote:
Hi all

We closed on a house recently and are planning to move soon. The Rebbe moved in right before pesach and they have their own mikvah. As for shopping the grocery in Elizabeth which is about a 6 minute Car ride away delivers and is fully stocked.

We're excited about the move to Linden.

Does anybody have experience with moving companies? Do they provide pack up services to pack up your current apartment?

Thanks.

They have their mikvah for women?
I heard that they don't.

egam

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:04 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
They have their mikvah for women?
I heard that they don't.

Linden has a mikvah. But from what I know, chassidish community wants to build their own. There are also few mikvahs in nearby towns.

doctorima

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:07 pm
BrachaBP wrote:
Hi all

Most moving companies offer this service, but they charge a lot for it. If you're able-bodied, it will come out a lot cheaper for you to do it yourselves. If you have a few very fragile or heavy items that you want them to do, put those aside and do everything else on your own.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:13 pm
egam wrote:
Linden has a mikvah. But from what I know, chassidish community wants to build their own. There are also few mikvahs in nearby towns.

Right.
The MO community in Linden has a mikvah and the chasidish residents use it, But AFAIK the chasidish commnity does not have their own womens mikvah.

BrachaBP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:15 pm
doctorima wrote:
Most moving companies offer this service, but they charge a lot for it. If you're able-bodied, it will come out a lot cheaper for you to do it yourselves. If you have a few very fragile or heavy items that you want them to do, put those aside and do everything else on your own.

Thanks. Any company you recemmend to use?

BrachaBP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 12:50 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Right.
The MO community in Linden has a mikvah and the chasidish residents use it, But AFAIK the chasidish commnity does not have their own womens mikvah.

Hmm. I was told that they have one unless it's not totally ready yet.

doctorima

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 1:24 pm
BrachaBP wrote:
Thanks. Any company you recemmend to use?

There have been many threads here about moving companies. I know a number of people who've been happy with BP Movers (Fishman).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics