Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Now she's immune, but will her baby survive?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:41 pm
She's the daughter of an anti-vaxer. She went into labor at 25 weeks while she has the measles. Complications from other preventable diseases effected others in family.

Family is still doing research to see if they should vax.

What is it going to take to get through to these people?

I keep crying at odd times during the day thinking about her. She's a such beautiful person.

I will ask permission from the family to post her name so we can doven for her.

If this story moves one person to vax, please post.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:50 pm
Tragic and preventable.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:56 pm
Natural consequence nebech! And it's not her fault. She pays the price for her parents bad choices.

Hope everything turns out ok for her and baby. Hashem should protect them.

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 3:58 pm
poor woman. she really should've gotten the mmr before she got pregnant. her stupid evil parents!!

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:02 pm
Sebastian wrote:
poor woman. she really should've gotten the mmr before she got pregnant. her stupid evil parents!!

She likely got pregnant at same time as outburst started or before that. She was probably not aware of the danger. It's sad.

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:04 pm
Is this fact or hearsay? I've heard another version of this so I'm wondering which is the accurate one.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:07 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Is this fact or hearsay? I've heard another version of this so I'm wondering which is the accurate one.

Can there possibly be more than one such story similar to the one OP is referring to?

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:11 pm
That's such a sad story. At 25 weeks, the baby may very well not live, especially if it is infected with measles. As it is, 25-week preemies have a difficult road ahead of them.

What also gets me is this: Anti-vaxxers keep talking about how much better it was in the 1950s when all pregnant women had immunity from having had the measles as children. Even if that's true, what does that have to do with what has to be done now?

The reality is that these days if people don't get vaccinated as children, and there is an outbreak, they are likely to be infected. So at the very least, even in an anti-vax family, shouldn't the girl get vaccinated once she gets engaged? Wouldn't that make sense? Are these people not thinking?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:12 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Is this fact or hearsay? I've heard another version of this so I'm wondering which is th accurate one.

Fact

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:12 pm
yksraya wrote:
Can there possibly be more than one such story similar to the one OP is referring to?

Probably

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:13 pm
yksraya wrote:

I hope not. The version I heard was that the baby didn't make it.

I'm going from mad to sad. And back again.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:13 pm
yksraya wrote:

Probably

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:17 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I hope not. The version I heard was that the baby didn't make it.

I'm going from mad to sad. And back again.

Oy! Really sad. No words. Dunno what to say even!

Note: have you realised how suddenly the antivaxers don't have what to say for themselves?!?!

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:20 pm
So so sad. Hashem should help them all

(I betcha AV will say that vaxers fault- bec had the rest of society not been based when this girl was growing up- she would’ve been immune for life Rolling Eyes)
Hiding

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:24 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

(I betcha AV will say that vaxers fault- bec had the rest of society not been based when this girl was growing up- she would’ve been immune for life Rolling Eyes)
Hiding

I actually think they will come up with a conspiracy theory of how the MMR killed the baby somehow because it shed unto the unborn based on the research where it leads to some parent of an autistic child from pennsylvania who has done a private investigation and came to this shocking discovery.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:26 pm
yksraya wrote:
I actually think they will come up with a conspiracy theory of how the MMR killed the baby somehow because it shed unto the unborn based on the research where it leads to some parent of an autistic child from pennsylvania who has done a private investigation and came to this shocking discovery.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
But it’s really not a laughing matter...
In Yiddish we say: “a bitera gelechter”

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:27 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

(I betcha AV will say that vaxers fault- bec had the rest of society not been based when this girl was growing up- she would’ve been immune for life Rolling Eyes)[/size] Hiding

That is my point: they need to deal with reality, not the way they would like the world to be. Can they possibly think they can roll back the world to a pre-vaccine situation? There is no way they can guarantee that their children will get measles before they get married and pregnant. So they need to have a plan for their children of marriageable age.

How come this isn't discussed in the PEACH pamphlet? What do Bigtree and Wakefield have to say about that?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:29 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Tragic and preventable.

this line really bothers me.
it is tragic, yes.
preventable, not.
this is how H wants it to be. that this women suffers, even if we dont understand. this is the way He brought it about. He gave her these parents who dont vaccinate. He made her expecting during the outbreak. He made her catch the measles.
HKBH runs the world. We are mechuyav to do hishtadlus to protect the guf He gives us. everyone does it on their own understanding of the metzius. some by vaccinating some by not. to say either
1) that so and so got sick because they didnt vaccinate. or
2) that they got sick because they did vaccinate,
is a tremendous lack of bitachon and undersanding the way the world works. Learn shar bitachon for more clarity. Everything that happens is because thats what H wants. the results are not our business. We should only be concerned with our own hishtadlus. [u]

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:33 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
That is my point: they need to deal with reality, not the way they would like the world to be. Can they possibly think they can roll back the world to a pre-vaccine situation? There is no way they can guarantee that their children will get measles before they get married and pregnant. So they need to have a plan for their children of marriageable age.

How come this isn't discussed in the PEACH pamphlet? What do Bigtree and Wakefield have to say about that?

They don't plan, hashem will protect them. Isn't that a plan? No hishtadlus needed because the "not hishtadlus" somehow became "hishtadlus. And those that are lucky do "hishtadlus" by making sure the kids get the measles by measles parties and the likes. Oh and they are so caring so they make sure to send the sick kid to school so that all non vaxed or immune compromised kids, and pregnant teachers should also get immunized. See, they care!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 4:36 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
this line really bothers me.
it is tragic, yes.
preventable, not.
this is how H wants it to be. that this women suffers, even if we dont understand. this is the way He brought it about. He gave her these parents who dont vaccinate. He made her expecting during the outbreak. He made her catch the measles.
HKBH runs the world. We are mechuyav to do hishtadlus to protect the guf He gives us. everyone does it on their own understanding of the metzius. some by vaccinating some by not. to say either
1) that so and so got sick because they didnt vaccinate. or
2) that they got sick because they did vaccinate,
is a tremendous lack of bitachon and undersanding the way the world works. Learn shar bitachon for more clarity. Everything that happens is because thats what H wants. the results are not our business. We should only be concerned with our own hishtadlus. [u]

Yeah. I was expecting this response.

Way to remove the responsibility for your own actions. (But wait! You're amother, so you must be one of the new crop that has come up in the last few days, all of whom, of course, vax your own kids, but who support the "choice" of others not to.)

God created a world that except for in extraordinary circumstances goes according to the laws of science and nature. We mock God's world by pretending that we can act irresponsibly and then say that our actions had nothing to do with the consequence.

For the record, before this turns into a discussion of determinism v free will, Ralbag holds that free will trumps determinism. We are all responsible for our own actions and the consequences that we can foresee. The anti-vaxxers have blood on their hands.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics