Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Now she's immune, but will her baby survive?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:36 pm
yksraya wrote:
She likely got pregnant at same time as outburst started or before that. She was probably not aware of the danger. It's sad.

yep. but the same way you take folic acid when you're ttc, you get the mmr if you never got it but she probably didn't realize.

I heard a similar story where the baby was born early and needed time in the nicu. but the mom was in her 8th month not 6th.

If the baby is 25 weeks, it doesn't have the greatest chance of survival without serious medical issues. the mmr would've been way safer.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:37 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
this line really bothers me.
it is tragic, yes.
preventable, not.
this is how H wants it to be. that this women suffers, even if we dont understand. this is the way He brought it about. He gave her these parents who dont vaccinate. He made her expecting during the outbreak. He made her catch the measles.
HKBH runs the world. We are mechuyav to do hishtadlus to protect the guf He gives us. everyone does it on their own understanding of the metzius. some by vaccinating some by not. to say either
1) that so and so got sick because they didnt vaccinate. or
2) that they got sick because they did vaccinate,
is a tremendous lack of bitachon and undersanding the way the world works. Learn shar bitachon for more clarity. Everything that happens is because thats what H wants. the results are not our business. We should only be concerned with our own hishtadlus. [u]

Disagree.

Of course it had to happen it was bashert. Yet, it's like saying, the wild driver that was speeding and knocked the child down is not a rodef and to say he is a rodef is a lack of bitachon, because it had to happen and is from hashem.

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:39 pm
I find it sad that so much medical intervention is now needed to save this baby's life, all because of fear of medical intervention.

Last edited by youngishbear on Wed, May 15 2019, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:40 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
That is my point: they need to deal with reality, not the way they would like the world to be. Can they possibly think they can roll back the world to a pre-vaccine situation? There is no way they can guarantee that their children will get measles before they get married and pregnant. So they need to have a plan for their children of marriageable age.

How come this isn't discussed in the PEACH pamphlet? What do Bigtree and Wakefield have to say about that?

I addressed it here: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....59991

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:40 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I find it sad that so much medical intervention is now needed to save this baby's life, all because of fear of medical intervention.
ironically

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:42 pm
yksraya wrote:
ironically

Couldn't bring myself to use that word when we're talking about a yiddishe life.

But yeah. Establishment medicine can't be all that bad.

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:43 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
this line really bothers me.
it is tragic, yes.
preventable, not.
this is how H wants it to be. that this women suffers, even if we dont understand. this is the way He brought it about. He gave her these parents who dont vaccinate. He made her expecting during the outbreak. He made her catch the measles.
HKBH runs the world. We are mechuyav to do hishtadlus to protect the guf He gives us. everyone does it on their own understanding of the metzius. some by vaccinating some by not. to say either
1) that so and so got sick because they didnt vaccinate. or
2) that they got sick because they did vaccinate,
is a tremendous lack of bitachon and undersanding the way the world works. Learn shar bitachon for more clarity. Everything that happens is because thats what H wants. the results are not our business. We should only be concerned with our own hishtadlus. [u]

a child once fell out the window and died. ppl. asked R' Miller what kind of teshuva they should do bc this happened. He answered you need to put bars on your windows!!

Hashem gave these idiots vaccines. They didn't use them and that's why this happened. Not b/c Hashem wanted her to suffer and her baby to possibly die.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:44 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Couldn't bring myself to use that word when we're talking about a yiddishe life.

But yeah. Establishment medicine can't be all that bad.

What? Did you say medicine? Don't you know how bad it is and how money making business? Those evil heartless doctors!

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:47 pm
yksraya wrote:
What? Did you say medicine? Don't you know how bad it is and how money making business? Those evil heartless doctors!

True true. Vitamin stores are non-profit organizations and keitel-dreiers are volunteers leshem mitzvah.

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:49 pm
yup mega doses of vitamin c and essential oils will surely help a 25 week preemie!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:52 pm
Sebastian wrote:
yup mega doses of vitamin c and essential oils will surely help a 25 week preemie!

From what I've read, Vitamin A does help infants with measles -- but this is a preemie at the edge of viability, without fully developed lungs. And measles is primarily a respiratory disease.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:53 pm
youngishbear wrote:
True true. Vitamin stores are non-profit organizations and keitel-dreiers are volunteers leshem mitzvah.

According to someone who as a teen dreid her keitel, I was to have a girl followed by a few more girls when I was pregnant with one of my "5" sons keh. And yeah, vitamins are the cure for cancer along with snake oil.

Oh, and the mom in preterm labor should've used castor oil to speed the process, before the evil doctors can stop the naturally induced labor.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:53 pm
Sebastian wrote:

With some cranial sacral massage to get her lungs fully developed and breathe on their own.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:54 pm
youngishbear wrote:

This is heartbreakingly funny. And I don't even know enough Yiddish to know what keitel-dreier means. Coat turner? Could you translate?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:55 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
This is heartbreakingly funny. And I don't even know enough Yiddish to know what keitel-dreier means. Coat turner? Could you translate?

Keitel- necklace
Dreiser-turner
Literal translation

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:56 pm
Google translate gives me cool dryer or key chain. Coat turner seems more likely?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:56 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

Kinesiologist I think ‘diagnose’ like that

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:57 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
From what I've read, Vitamin A does help infants with measles -- but this is a preemie at the edge of viability, without fully developed lungs. And measles is primarily a respiratory disease.

Medical professionals also use vitamins but in addition to other necessary intervention.

As long as the proper care is given, vitamins are ok. But not instead of...

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:57 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Keitel- necklace
Dreiser-turner
Literal translation

Call it muscle testing, or whatever. It's a derogatory term for unscientific alternative diagnostics.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 7:58 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
With some cranial sacral massage to get her lungs fully developed and breathe on their own.

Omg! I can't even!
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics