Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Now she's immune, but will her baby survive?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:00 pm
Another very extremely serious question I have: why didn't she do a home birth?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:02 pm
yksraya wrote:
Another very extremely serious question I have: why didn't she do a home birth?

Hey, said who?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:02 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

What also gets me is this: Anti-vaxxers keep talking about how much better it was in the 1950s when all pregnant women had immunity from having had the measles as children. Even if that's true, what does that have to do with what has to be done now?

That's if they got the measles as a child
my mother got chicken pox when it was brought home from us if she was pregnant at the time it could have been bad you can't predict when you will get it.

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:04 pm
Here's a link to learn pendant spinning. I hope that's a good enough translation of keitel-dreiing.

ttps://imaginalhealth.com/nutrition/self-testing-using-a-pendulum/

I'm not comfortable with mocking the poor woman whose baby is fighting for its life. Let's keep it theoretical.

chestnut

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:11 pm
Do you know what's even crazier? That this tragedy STILL won't change their opinion!

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:13 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Here's a link to learn pendant spinning. I hope that's a good enough translation of keitel-dreiing.

ttps://imaginalhealth.com/nutrition/self-testing-using-a-pendulum/

I'm not comfortable with mocking the poor woman whose baby is fighting for its life. Let's keep it theoretical.

Okay okay! But ur being a party pooper. Lol

Not that I meant to mock the poor woman cvs. Was just adding a bit of humor to a sad situation.

pizzapie

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:13 pm
I am finding the comments in this thread to be in very poor taste. I'm sorry but these jokes aren't funny when we're discussing a preemie fighting for his or her life.

keym

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:24 pm
Does anyone know any names to daven for?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:39 pm
pizzapie wrote:
I am finding the comments in this thread to be in very poor taste. I'm sorry but these jokes aren't funny when we're discussing a preemie fighting for his or her life.

you are 100% right.
Unfortunately it's our bitter side decrying why such a situation even happened getting the better of us and blinding us to the seriousness of the situation.
I am going to say my tehilim for the day now & have inzin this poor mother & baby.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:51 pm
This may be the same story. My coworkers sister just delivered a baby at 25 weeks while having the measles. The baby was born because her water broke and they did an emergency c section. Baby is less than two.pounds but expected to survive bh.

thanks

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:56 pm
yksraya wrote:
She likely got pregnant at same time as outburst started or before that. She was probably not aware of the danger. It's sad.

Noone should wait for an outbreak to get vaccinated. The point of vaccination is to prevent outbreaks. VACCINATE VACCINATE VACCINATE!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:58 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I hope not. The version I heard was that the baby didn't make it.

I'm going from mad to sad. And back again.

I know these people personally. I have been in their house 100 times and go to their simchas.

The baby is hanging in there BH. The mother can't stop crying. She is going through this while she has the measles. No one wants her or her other kids around. She can't go to a kimpertunim home.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:03 pm
thanks wrote:
Noone should wait for an outbreak to get vaccinated. The point of vaccination is to prevent outbreaks. VACCINATE VACCINATE VACCINATE!

Of course not! I just brought out a point why she had not gotten the vaccine. She was raised anti vax. She wasn't well educated about the risks and that she even needs to take any shots prior to a pregnancy or even just before any traveling overseas. She's not at fault. She was maybe even brain washed by her parents. Cut her some slack. She learned her lesson the hard way.

nchr

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know these people personally. I have been in their house 100 times and go to their simchas.

The baby is hanging in there BH. The mother can't stop crying. She is going through this while she has the measles. No one wants her or her other kids around. She can't go to a kimpertunim home.

I just said a kapitel tehillim for them and all of Klal Yisroel.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That's really sad. Hope she gets well soon so she can take care of her kids.

Can her dh take her kids to the dr for the MMR shot. Maybe people will be more willing to take her kids for a few days.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And the kids presumably can't even go to school because they're not vaccinated. And now iy"h there will be a baby who has extra needs for a while. And the mother will be exhausted and will have a weakened immune system for years. What a mess.

And the anti-vaxxers spin this as Hashem's will. It's shameful.

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is so sad. On all sides.

It's definitely not the same story I heard, which is pure hearsay at this point, I must add. That one involves a first pregnancy.

yksraya

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:21 pm
Suddenly the anti vaxers have gone AWOL.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:46 pm
chestnut wrote:
Do you know what's even crazier? That this tragedy STILL won't change their opinion!

Chestnut, you're right it won't. This is the third family tragedy.

I spoke to the grandma 15 years ago about a married son. I tried to tell her that his problems are linked to the mumps he had. She still had little ones at home including this mom. I asked her if she doesn't think she should vax the kids.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:48 pm
yksraya wrote:
Suddenly the anti vaxers have gone AWOL.

They went to get the MMR
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics