Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Here's why
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Do you think I did the right thing?
No! Why did you do this to yourself? You will be bored stiff.  
 13%  [ 14 ]
Yes! You will have peace of mind.  
 74%  [ 76 ]
Who knows? Only time will tell.  
 11%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 102

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:14 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Yes! You are doing a great job starting new threads to make sure we're not overwhelmed by anti-vaxxer's threads. As well as responding to all the idiocies in the existing threads.

Yup. I think it's important we start new threads and go on the offensive. Even though I'm a bit bored by all of their circular arguments

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:35 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Yup. I think it's important we start new threads and go on the offensive. Even though I'm a bit bored by all of their circular arguments

I'm waiting for one great argument on their side that will totally convince me to stop vaxxing
Wink Tongue Out.
I guess I will have to wait till after 120 to find out the truth. for now we do our proper hishtadlus

(above statement was said in all seriousness of a tongue in cheek comment)

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:54 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
I'm waiting for one great argument on their side that will totally convince me to stop vaxxing
Wink Tongue Out.
I guess I will have to wait till after 120 to find out the truth. for now we do our proper hishtadlus

(above statement was said in all seriousness of a tongue in cheek comment)

Lol. Honestly I don't care about convincing them. I just want the reporters who inevitably casually check out imamother to see what a tiny minority they really are.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 8:57 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Lol. Honestly I don't care about convincing them. I just want the reporters who inevitably casually check out imamother to see what a tiny minority they really are.

I admit that I write in that forum with reporters in mind as well. This whole thing has been such a chillul Hashem; I want to do what I can to repair our image.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:06 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Trolls!

Last edited by Sunny Days on Wed, May 15 2019, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 9:49 pm
crust wrote:
You won't see me on vaccine threads again.
Its because I added it to the hidden list.

Thanks. I didn't even know this was an option. Due to particular posters feeling the need to start 10 new pointless threads per day, I've joined you. Now maybe it will feel like Imamother again instead of Imavaxer.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:15 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
They know it. they just don't highlight it in their reports.
(I spoke to a NYT reporter, but BH he didn't end up interviewing me)

I know. But you never know who is reading.

Good for you. That means you didn't give him an easy negative quote.

mig100

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:21 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Trolls!

The vaccine threads r public I believe
U can check whennu logged out.

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:08 am
Was the new vaccination forum announced when it was created or did it just show up? I don't remember seeing an announcement but I could have missed it. And has it been explained why the forum is public? Or even why this controversial topic is allowed while others have been banned - is this one less diversive than those? Or perhaps it was decided that No Frum Scotswoman could have a dissenting view on ๐Ÿคซ or ๐Ÿค or ๐Ÿ‘‘ while The Powers That Be think this is a legitimate disagreement?

Note: I'm not advocating for or against making the forum public or private or allowing or banning the topic, just wondering why.

momsrus

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:21 am
southernbubby wrote:
No because I am still too curious

About what?

Thereโ€™s nothing new under the sun

keym

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:31 am
I want to know why vaccinations is an amother - enabled category.
Shouldn't it be like politics or controversial topics. State your opinion but under your screen name. Forces more civility and accountability.

youngishbear

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:08 am
imasoftov wrote:
Was the new vaccination forum announced when it was created or did it just show up? I don't remember seeing an announcement but I could have missed it. And has it been explained why the forum is public? Or even why this controversial topic is allowed while others have been banned - is this one less diversive than those? Or perhaps it was decided that No Frum Scotswoman could have a dissenting view on ๐Ÿคซ or ๐Ÿค or ๐Ÿ‘‘ while The Powers That Be think this is a legitimate disagreement?

Note: I'm not advocating for or against making the forum public or private or allowing or banning the topic, just wondering why.

I was wondering the same.

ืฉืชื™ืงื” ื›ื”ื•ื“ืื”

Or simply, this isn't controversial in a religious sense, which is usually what gets a topic banned.

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:21 am
momsrus wrote:
About what?

Thereโ€™s nothing new under the sun

I do see new arguments and do learn new things but I am curious as to what the answer will be when anti-vaxers are continually thwarted at every turn.

mig100

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:38 am
imasoftov wrote:

I cant either comprehend why its allowed to be disucssed on ima.

ima is a great forum for women to get advise and support for various situations as well as just relaxing, having debates and fun discusssion.

I love debating convtroversial topics- there are many different views on many topics- all being valid and worth exploring.

VAXINES ARE NOT SUCH A TOPIC. its a medical/ scientific subject, NOT AN AREA OF OPINION. ANyone who has an "opinion" on science- is crazy for that alone.

why on earth is ima becoming a host for ANTI- VAX PROPOGANDA????? Banging head

let them do THEIR PROPOGANDA ELSEWHERE. LET IMA BE A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION!!! Banging head

mig100

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:43 am
keym wrote:
I want to know why vaccinations is an amother - enabled category.
Shouldn't it be like politics or controversial topics. State your opinion but under your screen name. Forces more civility and accountability.

Yes I dont get that either.

annon enabled is there to protect peoples privacy - if they want to post about personal matters - such as their marriage, kids etc..

VAXINEES ARE SCEINCE/ MEDICINE. WHATS PERSONAL ABOUT THAT????

would anyone in their right mind take a medical article written by annon auther (that goes against all other medical experts) seriously for a second??

im reporting this post- hopefully they will make it annon disabled and end all their propoganda finally Punch Punch

Yael

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 12:24 pm
There was a study done that shows that new mothers with access to a social media forum where vaccinating questions were discussed intelligently, were more likely to vaccinate their new baby than mothers without access.

I have confidence in the ability of imamothers to respond to every statement and myth with intelligent answers.

How would it be beneficial to shut down discussion? Discussion is the only way to spread knowledge and real information.
Would you rather the only info new mothers get about vaccinating, be from the akeres habayis hotline?

momsrus

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 12:26 pm
Yael wrote:
There was a study done that shows that new mothers with access to a social media forum where vaccinating questions were discussed intelligently, were more likely to vaccinate their new baby than mothers without access.

I have confidence in the ability of imamothers to respond to every statement and myth with intelligent answers.

How would it be beneficial to shut down discussion? Discussion is the only way to spread knowledge and real information.
Would you rather the only info new mothers get about vaccinating, be from the aishes chayil hotline?

Not to shut it down. Just to be anon disabled.

keym

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 12:30 pm
Yael wrote:

Would you rather the only info new mothers get about vaccinating, be from the aishes chayil hotline?

I have no problem with the continued conversation. I agree it probably helps new members make informed decions.

But being able to go anonymously?
It feels to me like it creates a perception of being more vaxxers than there really are.
And quite frankly, in this environment, shouldn't there be accountability?
You don't vaccinate? Fine. Your choice. But I have a choice not to let my kids play with yours, to keep away from you, and maybe to be skeptical of other things that you say.

mig100

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 12:41 pm
Yael wrote:

thanks for your response yael!

if you have a link to that study- id be curious to see it.

definitely it should be anon disabled- its possibly the same 2 posters on every thread. if I came from outer space and read imamother- id probably assume there were approximately equal posters on both sides. instead of realizing that there are only a small percentage of anti-vaxer.

people tend to give credibility to large groups. thinking "if so many beleive this- its possible its true"

these anti-vaxer seem to make it a full time job to spread their propoganda. the post total lies and "facts" that have no sceintific basis at all. a scientific fact - has to be proven scientifally.

there are lots of naive people- who read it and entertain the thought that its possibly true.
even if they know its 100% false. the idea is still in their head that it may be true.

the more we respond with real studies- the more "facts" they make up.

thats why I stopped responding to anti-vaxer- I realized I was just giving them a platform to post more nonesense facts.

that is why I think its better to stop these discussions. if people want facts- go get them from medical sources

imammother is not a scientific/ medical source.

its scary, to say the least, that mothers are having life- risking medical decisions swayed based on these dicsussions.

Yael

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 12:46 pm
I'm sorry to break the news, but it's not the same posters over and over. I have checked to see if that was the case, but it's really not. We have at least 20 different antivaxxers who post.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics