Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Suggestions for 12 yr old complaining about foot pain?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:09 pm
Hi, My 12 year old son is complaining about foot pain this is going on for the last couple of years....we've gone to doctor, foot doctor, orthodics, xrays, sports medicine doctor, nothing helping, any suggestions?
its a pain that comes and goes
Thanks!

esuss

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:20 pm
Rheumatologist to check for juvenile arthritis. Your pediatrician can run some bloodwork to check for it also.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:42 pm
That has happened with one of my kids when shoes start to wear out. This child has flat -ish feet and when the cushioning/arch support in the shoes starts to wear out, the pain starts. Took me awhile to figure out the connection. The shoes basically get outgrown wear-wise before they do size-wise. This child mostly wears sneakers/running shoes during the week.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:50 pm
esuss wrote:
Rheumatologist to check for juvenile arthritis. Your pediatrician can run some bloodwork to check for it also.

Thanks, will check this out again, although we did do bloodwork a couple years back and all came back good..

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 10:50 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
That has happened with one of my kids when shoes start to wear out. This child has flat -ish feet and when the cushioning/arch support in the shoes starts to wear out, the pain starts. Took me awhile to figure out the connection. The shoes basically get outgrown wear-wise before they do size-wise. This child mostly wears sneakers/running shoes during the week.

Interesting...he does wear arches though...

Pelli

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:12 pm
Have you gone recently to check if he's outgrown his current arches? If he needs a size up and he's wearing a size that isn't perfect then that could effect the places he puts pressure while standing.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 11:42 pm
Youtube Bob n Brad physical therapy exercises. Look up the type of pain.
We called them growing pains, md said up the calcium. Increase stretching. Strengthening exercises.
Heel pain is common.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children