Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Why all the anti vaxxers post anonymously?
1  2  Next

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:40 pm
I often post unpopular opinions and things that make various groups hate me. We don't even know u, only a User name. Why hide?

Sebastian

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 4:20 pm
At least 2 anti vaxers used their sns

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 4:48 pm
They post anonymously to make their numbers look bigger. That way we don't see that across threads, it's the same people posting over and over again.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:01 pm
They post anonymously because there is so much hate that posters wouldn’t leave them alone. Every time they would post on a thread unrelated to vaccines people would judge their posts and find a way to belittle them.

For the record, I vaccinate. But I can’t stand the hate.

blessedjmom

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:09 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
They post anonymously because there is so much hate that posters wouldn’t leave them alone. Every time they would post on a thread unrelated to vaccines people would judge their posts and find a way to belittle them.

For the record, I vaccinate. But I can’t stand the hate.

I was gnna write this. Exactly.

youngishbear

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:11 pm
Honestly, I'd rather not know who the anti-vaxxers are. I've lost respect for enough peoppe in real life.

yksraya

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:20 pm
When I used to be anti vax, I posted under my SN.

This shows that when someone is really confident with their choice (as I was at that time) they aren't afraid to stand by what they say or do.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:23 pm
Btw I may disagree with you on many things but I don't hate you! You're a fellow Yid, and therefore I love you.

I'm sorry I forgot I personally ever made you feel that way...

As for your question...

they must be afraid

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:30 pm
I'm an anti-vaxxer, and Ravenclaw is correct.

I have no problem standing by my opinion when it is unpopular, or when others will debate me vociferously. Hey, I've said my piece, under my own screen name, about birth control being overused.

But the vitriol and unwarranted hate in the vaccine issue, as if I'm coming with a machete and trying to attack their children, is too much for me to deal with on non-vax related threads.

ETA: I did give the MMR, but that doesn't seem to have toned down the hate.

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:00 pm
Sebastian wrote:
At least 2 anti vaxers used their sns

Really who?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:18 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I often post unpopular opinions and things that make various groups hate me. We don't even know u, only a User name. Why hide?

Oh please, how can you compare? Please tell me what opinion you have that 99% of people disagree with you. Many you disagree with would not allow your children in their homes, don't want you in their schools, and wouldn't allow their children near your children. Go ahead, tell me a comparable minority opinion of yours.

Sebastian

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:25 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Really who?

Go back and read vaccine threads and you ll see it. I m not outing them here.

yksraya

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:31 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Oh please, how can you compare? Please tell me what opinion you have that 99% of people disagree with you. Many you disagree with would not allow your children in their homes, don't want you in their schools, and wouldn't allow their children near your children. Go ahead, tell me a comparable minority opinion of yours.

The reason we don't want non vaxed kids in our schools and homes is not out of hate. It's out of fear of those in our homes who aren't immune yet or no longer immune. If you know for sure "titer test etc" that your kid is immune, and your kid is not feeling ill at this moment (anything contagious) I have no problem that my kids play with yours.

I do not currently have a tiny baby, but I'm not sure if dh is still immune to it. I should really encourage him to have his titers tested.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:33 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I'm an anti-vaxxer, and Ravenclaw is correct.

I have no problem standing by my opinion when it is unpopular, or when others will debate me vociferously. Hey, I've said my piece, under my own screen name, about birth control being overused.

But the vitriol and unwarranted hate in the vaccine issue, as if I'm coming with a machete and trying to attack their children, is too much for me to deal with on non-vax related threads.

ETA: I did give the MMR, but that doesn't seem to have toned down the hate.

Stop being an anti vaxxer. Problem solved. Or at least keep the stupidity to yourself. And no, I don’t hate you. But I don’t like you very much.

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 7:09 pm
Anti vaxxers confuse hate and fear.

I don't hate them. In fact, despite my best efforts, my best friend is one.

I do fear their negative impact.

youngishbear

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 7:33 pm
ectomorph wrote:

And I think we anti-antivaxers confuse stupidity and fear. I think it's difficult for people who've bought into the propaganda to get past their fear and see the hard facts, especially because the widespread damage these diseases can cause are not visible nowadays.

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 8:46 pm
Because there are BH lots of babies in the frum community, the stakes are high.

My sister, who runs a Conservative shul in an OOT community, knows nothing about the measles because no one there has it. They are more concerned with shul shootings. Measles isn't even on their radar. There have not been any reported cases and their congregation isn't full of babies. No one is running to get emergency vaccines and anti-vaxers are not a current threat so no one hates or thinks about them.

I wish that our community could once again be safe for our pitzalach and that everyone was unified in the effort to make it happen.

So ask yourself, are you in or out? And if the answer is out, then yes, you should remain anonymous.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:06 pm
ectomorph wrote:

So the other day you started a thread titled "anti vaxxers are evil". Now you say your best friend is an anti vaxxer. Interesting.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:11 pm
I don’t hate antivaxers and I believe I have a ‘right’ to (feel so towards them)
I’m just very saddened by this whole situation and I feel like it is an extra nisoyen for these people who are literally being blinded by antivax propaganda and they stopped knowing how to think for themselves. Nebach, nebach , they are a big rachmanus.

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 9:12 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
So the other day you started a thread titled "anti vaxxers are evil". Now you say your best friend is an anti vaxxer. Interesting.

You can't blame me for making interesting titles to my threads. I pride myself on it, as a matter of fact.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics