Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Xtians interfering frum society

Forrealx

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 4:20 pm
I just read this and I'm fed up. Why are they guys doing this? Well I know why they are doing this... but I just don't understand they will ever.... It is just so weird does this happen a lot in the US? Do people have more stories? It is like how will you live a lie like this for so long...

This is the link (text below) https://collive.com/frum-looki.....BNeEd

Heresy in Chicago: A couple who recently moved to a Jewish neighborhood has been exposed ad Christians posing as Orthodox Jews, with the mission to influence others.
By COLlive reporter

A couple who have recently moved to a Jewish neighborhood in Chicago has been exposed to be non-Jews posing as Orthodox Jews, with the mission to influence others.

Rabbi Levi Notik of Chicago has informed the community that the couple who go by the names David and Rivkah Castello were recognized by a visitor from Brooklyn to be a couple who had been exposed there last year.

David and Rivkah Castello moved to West Rogers Park in Chicago a few months ago, and they dress, act and behave like Frum Jews, and Daven in local Shuls, Rabbi Notik warned. Rivkah works as a babysitter for young children in the neighborhood.

David looks like a Frum yid, wearing the traditional clothing and sporting long peyos.

When asked, the couple admits that she is not Jewish, and he claims his maternal great-grandmother was.

Notik says that he met with the couple, and they did not deny being in the neighborhood “on a mission to specifically live among the Frum community and actively influence others.”

“They have beliefs of Kefira and Christianity,” Notik says. “He doesn’t deny any of it, on the contrary, he insists that he is correct in his way, and has no regrets.”

Notik says by Hashgocha Protis, a Sofer in town from Williamsburg, Brooklyn, saw David Castello in Shul, and recognized him immediately, alerting others to the imposter.

The couple has done the same thing in Brooklyn last year (at Beis Midrash Razlo and other Shuls) until they were exposed and told to leave, the visitor said.

After doing research, Notik discovered that the couple has ties to the international Christian group Global Gates, whose vision according to their website is “to see gospel transformation of the world’s most unevangelized people groups who have come to global gateway cities, and through them reach their communities around the world.”

The newsletter for JCFI, a Church in Texas, ran an article on the couple in 2016, describing their mission to infiltrate a Chasidic community. The couple lists their top five projects they were working on through 2017 are:

1) the planting of a Hasidic-friendly Congregation,

2) a 24/7 Prayer Wall for the Hasidic Community within the next six months,

3) Holiday Outreaches by giving out gifts with tracts,

4) Charity Bags For the Sabbath,

5) Personal Discipleship with Hasidic believers and evangelism within the community. This endeavor will continue until every Hasidic person has a chance to hear the Gospel.

The couple also goes by the names Dovid Costello, Rebekah – Rivkah Joy Weber, as well as Dovid and Rivkah Michael.

They have been asked to leave the Chicago community.

icebreaker

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:55 pm
I've had Jehovah's Witnesses come to my home with their preachy nonsense. Have had a small handful try to shove their pamphlets in my hands or keep talking thinking I wouldn't close the door. But at least Jehovah's Witnesses target everyone. This Global Gates group is terrifying. They list Jews in Brooklyn (as well as other groups) as "Most Significant Unreached People Group Communities in Metro NY." They even have a map showing areas where different groups live. That is terrifying!

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 5:57 pm
My baby nurse from Rockabye was a seventh day adventist. After she left, we got a bunch of handwritten notes from them.

zaq

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:33 pm
Missionaries are everywhere.

cm

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:56 pm
Interesting that they are trying to find targets in a frum community. Years ago, Christian missionaries preyed on minimally-educated Jews.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics