Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Seeking HS/sem counselors for girls w/SN in Catskills

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 12:22 pm
I've gotten some counselors by posting here before, so here goes...

I run a program for very high-functioning older girls with special needs in a mainstream, more yeshivish sleepaway camp in the mountains. The program is almost-fully mainstreamed into the regular camp, so we sleep in a regular bunkhouse and, for the most part, participate in all camp activities and trips. My campers all take care of their own personal hygiene, mealtimes, etc. They are self-sufficient for the most part, but need counselors that can "join" them for activities and daily tasks to make sure they take care of themselves and, most important, have fun every day!!

Current counselors are 12th grade and sem age but this late in the game I'd hire responsible and fun 11th graders. I'm looking for girls that will take the initiative, are creative, ambitious, and just roll with the punches!!

Please email me at summercampjob2019@gmail.com and I can call you or send you an aplication.

The pay is $1,100.00 for the month of August.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 1:14 pm
Haskafa wise I may be off, but consider reaching out to Friendship Circle or Yachad (or a yeshivish equivalent). They may be able to email their volunteers with the job posting to see if any of the girls are interested. (And if so, serve as references). These girls are most likely to be sensitive to needs and comfortable in the environment. There are many girls who volunteer with special needs children and would probably love a summer job in the field.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 8:11 pm
Bump

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:51 pm
Do you have any openings for adult staff trained in SN?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2019, 11:52 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Do you have any openings for adult staff trained in SN?

Above seminary age, unfortunately not. My counselors are all around that same age.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 2:55 pm
Bumpitty, bump, bump! Very Happy

goforit

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 7:49 pm
I have a good lead for you please pm me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children