Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Please explain SETTS to me

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 12:17 pm
I do not live in NYC but I send to school in NYC so I'm dealing with the DOE. My child was recommended for SETTS services but apparently I need to find the provider?! That whole idea seems crazy to me and I'm feeling a little lost with this whole process.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 12:20 pm
You can call an agency such as encore or yes I can for help. Also- you can ask your school if they already have a provider in the school who may have extra hours for you

miami85

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 12:24 pm
Since your child qualifies for an IEP but in the private schools does not have a special education teacher, he can get SETSS--special education Teacher support services--which is the teacher expected to help your child meet the academic goals on their IEP.

They can get it from an in school provider or a provider of your choice. There is a list, though its probably out dated, I know I was getting calls but I havent' done it in a few years.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 1:33 pm
You can call Agudah. I believe they keep a list of providers in per zipcode.

seeker

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 3:51 pm
I wrote an article for Binah magazine explaining how SETSS works in one of their back-to-school issues. You can email them for a reprint if you want the full scoop.

If you need to find your own provider, the Dept of Ed has an official list. You can also "ask around" because not all providers choose to be on the list (e.g. if they have enough clients and don't want to be bothered with cold calls.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics