Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Refinery29 Article about Sheitel Wearing

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 3:29 pm
https://www.refinery29.com/en-.....hotos

Came across this article recently posted about wig-wearing. Curious what others think of it?

cm

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 4:06 pm
Well done.

amother
White

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 4:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/05/232038/orthodox-millennial-jewish-women-wigs-sheitels-photos

Came across this article recently posted about wig-wearing. Curious what others think of it?

It figures Flatbush Girl managed to get herself some more publicity in the article,

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 4:14 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
It figures Flatbush Girl managed to get herself some more publicity in the article,

Ha honestly I'm happy they didn't refer to her as Flatbush Girl in the article so it wouldn't be as easy for non-jews to look her up

ectomorph

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 4:38 pm
What a strange article. Destination wedding in thailand? Mine was a takana wedding. And that you can't get strawberry blonde shaitels except at Zelda? I'm sure that's not true.

oliveoil

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:22 am
Drives me crazy when ppl claim that everything and everyone in the frum community was frumpy until THEY came along.

No, Zelda hair did not revolutionize the sheitel industry. Please. They ate successful and thats great, but why the need to claim they everyone was wearing shorts heavy black wigs until they came along?

The Frock also claim that until they came onto the scene every frum woman dressed dowdy and frumpy

Ugh.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:24 am
Zelda really does have natural looking hair. I wish I could afford one since the other wigs are too heavy for me and my face. She doesn't put in extra hair. I know people think lots of hair is luxurious but it's not for me.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:29 am
oliveoil wrote:
Drives me crazy when ppl claim that everything and everyone in the frum community was frumpy until THEY came along.

No, Zelda hair did not revolutionize the sheitel industry. Please. They ate successful and thats great, but why the need to claim they everyone was wearing shorts heavy black wigs until they came along?

The Frock also claim that until they came onto the scene every frum woman dressed dowdy and frumpy

Ugh.

Liking this wasn't enough. The frum world was doing just fine thank you, your new company has enhanced people's lives but has not created a mass revolution of previously nerdy women who now look amazing.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:35 am
My internet filter blocked this, and apparently from the comments I'm better off without...

aricelli

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:35 am
I dont really get this “black hair “ business. My wig is black because thats my hair color- and its sleek and gorgeous not short and frumpy - and my blonde or strawberry blonde friends are all wearing those colors without needing to go to zelda. And they arent wearing black wigs.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:37 am
oliveoil wrote:

Frum women were probably a lot more tznius before they came along

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:43 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Frum women were probably a lot more tznius before they came along

Wish I could give you many likes for this comment

icebreaker

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:44 am
oliveoil wrote:

Ugh.

Really? The Frock’s clothes aren’t even that nice Confused

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:44 am
oliveoil wrote:

Ugh.

Many likes to you for saying what we all feel

dancingqueen

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:56 am
oliveoil wrote:

Ugh.

I don’t know about this specific business, but it’s just a fact that sheitals have become more natural looking in the last few years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics