Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Keeping tznius in Israel without melting???

wellaways

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 10:02 am
I made aliyah two months ago and holy moly is it starting to get HOT. Its still spring so I'm literally dreading summer temperatures. Tips for staying cool and modest as the temp rises? Specific materials, styles, tips, etc? Everyone else seems so unaffected but I'm a puddle already. I brought ~4 mix and match outfits when I moved so I'm totally okay with going shopping lol

amother
Purple

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 10:14 am
Stick with single layers and dresses that are roomie and dont need shells or skirts underneath.
WEAR. SUNSCREEN.

yksraya

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 10:15 am
Whenever I went to isreal, I had this problem too. And I by nature don't sweat much. But was terrible as I'm not used to that kinda heat.

Last time I was in isreal, I by chance had with me a 100% cotton blouse style top. It was amazing. Didn't get sweaty at all and I could even use it more than one day. The other tops I had to change and wash after just a few hrs of wearing. So what I did was, I used the cotton one during the day and then changed to the other ones in the evening.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 10:21 am
See the thread "Humid heat + chassidish... HELP!"

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 13 2020, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

israelimom

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 11:23 am
Thin cotton scarves instead of sheitels -- game changer!

grace413

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 5:19 pm
Welcome to Israel!

We don't have much of a spring here. Last week was extremely hot and it won't get much hotter than that.

mochamix18

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 5:51 pm
Welcome! If you’re in Yerushalayim I love the dresses from Zoya for staying cool in the summer. They are cheap and you don’t need layering pieces.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 6:24 pm
Stay inside as much as possible during the hot hours.
Drink ice water when you need to go out.

I like wearing very thin cotton or modal long sleeve shells with sleeveless chiffon/sheer tops over them.
Other people like t-shirts but I need to cover my belly flab, so this way I'm basically just wearing a shell since the chiffon tops don't add any weight but they look more flattering.

Also, my arms get sunburned if I don't wear long sleeves so I actually prefer long sleeves in the sun.

I wear tinted sunscreen on my face.

sl18

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:14 am
someone mentioned scarves instead of a sheital, which I second, but what I do (since the way Israelis do it looks so complicated)-you can buy pre-tied scarves, and it takes all the hassle out of it and saves you time, you can get a few different colors/patterns to mix and match (I would say one with reds, one with blues, and one neutral color to begin with) ...you can get cheap ones that are nice in Ben Yehuda area, in a head covering store...I love them! they keep me really cool in the summer...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics