Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is excluding the non vaccinated from school really working?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

yksraya

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 4:47 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Yes. I am.

I have enough of everyone who can maybe understand some of anti-vaxxers' actions being put into a box together with all of them regardless of if they agree with them or not, quarantine or not, intentionally expose or not, vaccinate but have doubts... If someone doesn't 100% toe the party line, they get dissed, bashed, and mocked.

When you choose to respond in a heated topic like vaccines (or politics etc) you kind of put yourself in the fire. If you can't take the heat don't fuel the fire. That's all it is.

And why can't you simply see it as an argument where you got disagreed with? The more heated the topic, the harsher the disagreements will be. Take it, or leave the heat.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 4:49 pm
yksraya wrote:
When you choose to respond in a heated topic like vaccines (or politics etc) you kind of put yourself in the fire. If you can't take the heat don't fuel the fire. That's all it is.

And why can't you simply see it as an argument where you got disagreed with? The more heated the topic, the harsher the disagreements will be. Take it, or leave the heat.

Or, remain respectful and we both can continue to discuss.

Why act in a way that causes people to leave the discussion? Do you enjoy one-sided debates?

yksraya

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 4:56 pm
Or, remain respectful and we both can continue to discuss.

Why act in a way that causes people to leave the discussion? Do you enjoy one-sided debates?

If no one disagrees with you, it indeed stays a one sided debate. Do you want that?

It's not disrespectful to disagree and to bring strong points of reason. If you can't handle it, do what those that can't handle it did. They blocked vaccine threads.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 5:06 pm
yksraya wrote:
If no one disagrees with you, it indeed stays a one sided debate. Do you want that?

It's not disrespectful to disagree and to bring strong points of reason. If you can't handle it, do what those that can't handle it did. They blocked vaccine threads.

Did I say I can't handle disagreement? I'm handling the discussion just fine.

What I have a hard time with is what you did and people IRL do it too. Boxing in people and making assumptions about them. I explained the POV of other people, and you erroneously concluded that I must be one of them. IRL anyone who questions the mandated CDC vaccine schedule is labeled as "one of those crazy people." Instead of trying to understand what I was saying about them, it's easier for you to label me. Because then you get to mock me for my choices rather than discussing your disagreements.

That's why every vaccine discussion goes sour. Look at all the threads in this section. Most include all kinds of labels, name-calling, mocking. Very few are truly informative or respectful discussion of ideas. IRL too.

yksraya

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 5:19 pm
Did I say I can't handle disagreement? I'm handling the discussion just fine.

What I have a hard time with is what you did and people IRL do it too. Boxing in people and making assumptions about them. I explained the POV of other people, and you erroneously concluded that I must be one of them. IRL anyone who questions the mandated CDC vaccine schedule is labeled as "one of those crazy people." Instead of trying to understand what I was saying about them, it's easier for you to label me. Because then you get to mock me for my choices rather than discussing your disagreements.

That's why every vaccine discussion goes sour. Look at all the threads in this section. Most include all kinds of labels, name-calling, mocking. Very few are truly informative or respectful discussion of ideas. IRL too.

Chill. You were actually the one making the assumptions.
I disagreed with the idea of exposing ones own child to measles. It gets me mad. So I responded to your post as you are obviously sympathizing with those anti vaxers.

You go and nitpick a word of my response and try to make it seem like it was you vs me instead of your argument vs mine.

I did not mock at all. I pointed out strong points why that frame of mind is wrong and even cruel.

You chose to take it as an attack against you. I feel like you can't handle when someone disagrees with what you said so you have to attack them and make them look like the bad ones.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 5:24 pm
yksraya wrote:
Chill. You were actually the one making the assumptions.
I disagreed with the idea of exposing ones own child to measles. It gets me mad. So I responded to your post as you are obviously sympathizing with those anti vaxers.

You go and nitpick a word of my response and try to make it seem like it was you vs me instead of your argument vs mine.

I did not mock at all. I pointed out strong points why that frame of mind is wrong and even cruel.

You chose to take it as an attack against you. I feel like you can't handle when someone disagrees with what you said so you have to attack them and make them look like the bad ones.

I understand them even while I believe they made the wrong choice. Is that the same thing as sympathy?

I responded to your argument. Separately, I asked you to refrain from using "you" because that's not me. You didn't like that and went at me for being sensitive. Instead of apologizing that you used your words incorrectly, maybe unintentionally, you tell me to leave the discussion.

Instead of leaving, I again ask you to keep the discussion civil. Thank you.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 5:25 pm
Her kids are home because they are most likely incubating measles right now. If their sibling just had it, they will get it next.

My question was she, or other people you know whom you were referring to, whose kids were NOT known to be exposed, are their kids home by choice or by DOH order?

BTW, you still didn't respond to this post of mine.

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 5:28 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
So to go along with this theory - what would happen to this child if she didn't get immunity? She'd grow up, and start adult life without having immunity. And then what would happen to this very child - if such an outbreak occurs when she's 25, and oh she happens to be pregnant too? Or if an outbreak occurs when she's 55, and its longer a 'simple' disease? Is it truly the best way to raise your kids without being immune to it?

So in essence, shouldn't they be thanking DOH for this opportunity?

This is why some kids are getting vaccines the day they turn 18. I hope that the government gives it free from ages 18 to 21 to liberate these people

yksraya

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 5:31 pm
Her kids are home because they are most likely incubating measles right now. If their sibling just had it, they will get it next.

My question was she, or other people you know whom you were referring to, whose kids were NOT known to be exposed, are their kids home by choice or by DOH order?

Actually her kid had it a while back, she did do proper precaution the rest should stay healthy. They did not catch it at least not yet and looks like they won't. No idea how she managed that, I didn't want to probe.

yksraya

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 5:35 pm
I understand them even while I believe they made the wrong choice. Is that the same thing as sympathy?

I responded to your argument. Separately, I asked you to refrain from using "you" because that's not me. You didn't like that and went at me for being sensitive. Instead of apologizing that you used your words incorrectly, maybe unintentionally, you tell me to leave the discussion.

Instead of leaving, I again ask you to keep the discussion civil. Thank you.

You asked I should refrain from using the word you. To which I responded why I used the word you, and explained you I didn't mean "you personally". But then you attacked me by questioning my reading comprehension.

So who attacked whom?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:41 pm
yksraya wrote:
Actually her kid had it a while back, she did do proper precaution the rest should stay healthy. They did not catch it at least not yet and looks like they won't. No idea how she managed that, I didn't want to probe.

... And you still didn't answer the question I asked. Why are her kids home? Her choice or by DOH order?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:43 pm
yksraya wrote:
You asked I should refrain from using the word you. To which I responded why I used the word you, and explained you I didn't mean "you personally". But then you attacked me by questioning my reading comprehension.

So who attacked whom?

Go back to that post. You said you don't mean me personally but don't I stand behind my posts?

No. I don't stand behind my posts. I am speaking for people who are not here (or hiding here, IDK).

yksraya

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:46 pm
... And you still didn't answer the question I asked. Why are her kids home? Her choice or by DOH order?

Doh order, and she complies.
As I said before, the kid who had the measles had it a long time ago. She kept home that one child when he was sick.

I do not agree with her choices. My point was that she didn't send the other kids for measles parties just so they can go back to school.

yksraya

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:54 pm
Go back to that post. You said you don't mean me personally but don't I stand behind my posts?

No. I don't stand behind my posts. I am speaking for people who are not here (or hiding here, IDK).

When I asked if you stay behind your posts, I meant to say, when you post something, and I argue whatever it is you brought up, you have a side in your argument, I have a side in mine.

I understood that you mentioned others. My outrage was towards that mentality.

If you would go back and read my response, you will see the first line said "if you......."

What I meant by that was that it implies to anyone who does so. I never thought of it as you personally. Which I clarified later.

Wtvr, I hope you had a nice shabbos.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:28 am
ectomorph wrote:
Agree

Their home should have a big red quarantine sign on the door from the dept of health

That’s like saying put all Jews in ghettos and huge yellow star on their door.

youngishbear

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:58 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
That’s like saying put all Jews in ghettos and huge yellow star on their door.

Banging head Banging head

Don't you dare appropriate Holocaust symbolism for your twisted purposes.

You make a choice to separate yourself, so now deal with the consequences.

I think sending a person with tzeraas outside the camp is a better analogy. You sinned by breaking up achdus of the community, so leave the community.

Just go. Get out. Find a farm somewhere with no humans around.

This has been the most infuriating post.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:08 am
youngishbear wrote:
Banging head Banging head

Don't you dare appropriate Holocaust symbolism for your twisted purposes.

You make a choice to separate yourself, so now deal with the consequences.

I think sending a person with tzeraas outside the camp is a better analogy. You sinned by breaking up achdus of the community, so leave the community.

Just go. Get out. Find a farm somewhere with no humans around.

This has been the most infuriating post.

Why are you accusing me my kids are all fully vaccinated? Just the way this quote was stated threw me off. To ever take. Group of people and say they should live together and have signs on their door that just reminded me of hitler. To say they should go to their own schools fine. But let’s say they live together who do they need huge signs on their door. That just sounded like real hate to me and it scared me.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:35 am
The whole question is what anyone owes society. If 90% of a population vaccinates, then they will obviously be upset if measles is carelessly spread to their non-immune babies and family members. I am not sure why anyone can't understand that. We can't simply go back in time to a time when there was no way to prevent measles. It can't be treated as a choice when it involves people who are unfairly being subject to a disease that they don't want and assumed that they would not have to worry about.
The anti-vaxer that I saw on Shabbos is convinced that the government is only going to try to control the community even more if they lose control over the vaccine situation.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:45 am
Fine ask them to not go to your schools. I
Vaccinated just the way someone wrote put them Together and hang signs on their doors that reminded me of Hitler. Jews lived in ghettos but they still needed to wear yellow stars.

Also so many vaccinated people are also walking around with measles infecting other people.

Basic rule if you are sick stay home don’t expose others. If someone is vaccinated do they have a right to expose others?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:46 am
Why are all these schools allowing non vaxxed kids to begin with? In my kids school there is no such a thing. If you don’t vaccinate, you don’t get accepted to this school. It’s a private school, they can accept whoever they want.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics