Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What is the best day of the week to get cleaning help? Why?

thegiver

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 9:46 pm
On Fridays I’m ready to collapse (no strength anymore for dishes or vacuuming or toilets) but I know the mess will come back with a vengeance after shabbos.

Sundays I want to get out. But technically mornings could work.

I think thursday seems futile too bec the kitchen mess that follows.

What are your thoughts? Which is the most effective day of the week for cleaning help? I want a clean house that is easy to maintain Clean. (And what helps you not pile up the mess for her? In the past I always used to leave my cleaning lady a few days worth of dishes and clothes all over the kids bedrooms.)

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 9:49 pm
I cook for shabbos Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. I have cleaning help thurs am. She peels carrots and potatoes too. I clean again Fridays, but the mess is mostly in the kitchen.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 9:49 pm
I started with Friday because I cook Thursday night and I don't have time to clean before Shabbos. Nowadays, if my house is too messy, I have my cleaning lady come on Mondays, as well. We try not to do it twice, but I work really hard, have two little kids in a small apartment, and I don't have time or energy to clean all the time.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

mrsjay

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 9:53 pm
I have a full cleanup on Friday it has changed my Friday’s ! Way more relaxed by 3 ocklock we are sitting relaxing waiting for shabbos. And then my cleaning lady comes Sunday morning for a quick cleanup

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 9:54 pm
I prefer a really clean house for shabbos, so I would do Friday. I haven't had cleaning help in a while and now I do a very thorough cleaning myself on Fridays. If I had the option of two days I would do Friday and Monday.

emmes

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:01 pm
I have Monday. It gives me a kickstart for the week. I try to maintain it so I shouldn't have to do much before Shabbos.

Optione

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:25 pm
I loved Monday cleaning help. It made Friday cleaning easier and I didn't have to stress over the mess created on the weekend because I had help coming on Monday.

dankbar

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:26 pm
Many people that do twice a week do Monday & Thursday.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:54 pm
I used to have Friday morning, but more recently I have Thursday morning. I preferred Friday morning but couldn't find anyone available. I cook Thursday morning so I have the lady start in the bathrooms and bedrooms and I'm mostly done by the time she comes to the kitchen. Friday I need to re-clean a bit which I don't like, but it is what it is. I don't understand once-weekly that's not on Thursday or Friday. If I could afford it, I'd do Monday or Tuesday morning as well.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:57 pm
I don't like Friday because just in case she doesn't show up, I have to do everything myself erev shabbos, it's too hectic.

tichellady

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:05 pm
For me Friday and Monday or Tuesday.

I like having a clean house before Shabbat starts even if it gets dirty over Shabbat

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:05 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I don't like Friday because just in case she doesn't show up, I have to do everything myself erev shabbos, it's too hectic.

Yes, I have had this issue at times. It's worth it to me if she comes most times, even if I'm left hanging sometimes.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

chocolatecake

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:24 pm
I like Wednesday best. I work fulltime and try to do most of the cooking after work thursdsy so I don’t need cleaning up while I cook. Friday is too risky for me on the chance she doesn’t show up. Wednesday is close enough to shabbos that it’s easy maintain but far enough that I will mop again on Friday so at least my white kitchen floor is mopped twice a week!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:06 am
I used to only have a cleaning lady on Wednesdays.
By Thursday night things were usually a mess. Fridays were hard.

Now I split the time and have her on Monday and Friday.
This has made things significantly easier for me

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:34 am
Monday is the most effective for me.
There were times I had Monday and Friday which was the best but that's not possible for me right now. I miss the feeling of super clean before shabbos but wouldn't give up Monday for that. We all chip in and do the best we can for Shabbos.

imasinger

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:36 am
I love Thursday. I do most of my cooking on Friday, and it feels great to start with a clean kitchen. It inspires me to clean up my cooking messes, and the rest of the house is Shabbos-ready.

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 6:14 am
Fridays are the most important day to me to have a cleaning lady. That is also the first day that goes around here. Sometimes I would take a lady Thursday and wait for her Friday customer to leave. (We have a big turnover in cleaning ladies here.)

Sunday or Monday is my always my top choice for a second day.

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:19 am
I used to have a cleaning lady once a week on Tuesday because that's when she was able to come. Many years and a different country later, I had her come everyday Monday-Thursday especially when I was very pregnant. Now that the kids are a bit older, she comes Monday and Friday. Working on Sunday isn't an option. I love those two days. They're perfect for me. You ask for only one day and for that I would say Friday, at least for me. Two weeks ago Friday she wasn't able to come and I saw the difference of how much more I had to do. During the week especially Monday it wouldn't be such a big deal except I have her change the linen because I hate doing it.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:37 am
My cleaning lady currently comes Tuesdays and Fridays. I’m working on having her come more often, I’d like her to come Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Fridays. Eventually I’d like her to come every day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics