Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Speech in Neemas Hachaim last night
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:36 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
It is minhag hamakom, but as far as I know, when you have such a large diverse community, there is no real "minhag" you nust follow. Im not very familiar with lakewood but my understanding is that it has grown far past being a small town that all goes according to one Rav.

Which rebbanim on Lakewood says it’s ok not to cover legs. In the diverse communities? Most rebbanim brought in even in new communities lean pretty right.
Is minhag Hamekom depend on how women dress or the rabbanim hold?
I would think that if every Lakewood school requires legs to be covered that would be enough to set minhag hamakom.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:41 am
Notsobusy wrote:
I think this is the real problem. Those of us who've been in Lakewood for a while are having a bit of culture shock with the new dress norms. But Lakewood grew very quickly from a smaller yeshiva town to a big city with all types of people. I think we have to accept that this is our new reality.

When we have Lakewood brokers make speeches in Brooklyn convincing everyone in Brooklyn to move to Lakewood so that they can sell and get commission don’t complain when Brooklyn brings their tznius standards with them

Notsobusy

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:17 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
When we have Lakewood brokers make speeches in Brooklyn convincing everyone in Brooklyn to move to Lakewood so that they can sell and get commission don’t complain when Brooklyn brings their tznius standards with them

I resent that the Lakewood brokers are trying to convince Brooklyn people to move here for a lot of reasons, the tznius standards are way down on the list. I'll start with the real estate prices, the increased congestion on the roads, the horrible driving practices, the lack of space in our schools, the rise in materialism.......I can keep going.

I don't have a problem with each individual who decides to move here, everyone can do whatever they want. But I do have a problem with the realtors who have no problem bringing down the standard of living for everyone else, just so that they can make a few bucks.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:36 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I resent that the Lakewood brokers are trying to convince Brooklyn people to move here for a lot of reasons, the tznius standards are way down on the list. I'll start with the real estate prices, the increased congestion on the roads, the horrible driving practices, the lack of space in our schools, the rise in materialism.......I can keep going.

I don't have a problem with each individual who decides to move here, everyone can do whatever they want. But I do have a problem with the realtors who have no problem bringing down the standard of living for everyone else, just so that they can make a few bucks.

The reason why the brokers are going to Brooklyn is because Brooklyn people can pay higher prices so they make more money.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:45 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
The reason why the brokers are going to Brooklyn is because Brooklyn people can pay higher prices so they make more money.

I understand that, and I realize that they have a right to make a living, I just wish it didn't have to affect the rest of us. Wishful thinking, I know.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 8:33 pm
Anyone know if the men's asifa was posted on Inspire Wire yet?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries