Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Toronto business travel - food

self-actualization

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 3:52 pm
My husband is traveling to Toronto for 2 night this week. He is staying at a hotel and visiting clients that I assume are downtown. He is not renting a car and will be with non jews all day both days. How can he get food? Do any restaurants deliver downtown or are located downtown? Any advice would be appreciated, milchig or fleishig or even packaged sandwiches.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 4:06 pm
He should bring food with him if he will be downtown with no car.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 4:08 pm
I don’t think there are any restaurants downtown. Maybe tov li pizza delivers...

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 5:25 pm
Perhaps call the COR. (cor.ca)
Some of the kosher restaurants are connected to Ubereats.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 6:11 pm
He can have a fancy dinner at the northern edge of "downtown" at the windsor arms https://windsorarmshotel.com/dining/ he can also get pizza, salads and sandwichs at King David in the food court at Mount Sinai hospital (they are also on uber eats).

self-actualization

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 6:37 pm
Thank you. That is helpful.

self-actualization

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 6:46 pm
What about things like cereal and milk, or snacks. Is there a drugstore chain downtown that has these items?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 6:52 pm
self-actualization wrote:
What about things like cereal and milk, or snacks. Is there a drugstore chain downtown that has these items?

not chalav yisroel. otherwise, yes. Shoppers Drug Mart has many locations downtown.

Gerbera

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:02 pm
He can get kosher sandwiches and salads - pareve or meat at Nordstrom's in the Eaton Centre Mall. Feel free to PM for more info if you are interested.

The same food is also available at the Bay downtown.

Any restaurant will stick food in a cab and send in downtown. Totally a non-issue. My husband works downtown and gets food for meetings all the time.

Gerbera

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:04 pm
self-actualization wrote:

Groceries are readily available. There are several supermarkets. He can get crackers, hummus, etc easily. If he doesnt need CY he can get anything! Yogurt, cream cheese, milk.

Gerbera

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:09 pm

More food info on where to find packaged bakery goods and sandwiches

https://jewishdt.com/visiting-to

self-actualization

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 7:13 pm
Thanks. That's basically what I was looking for.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:33 pm
Easiest is to go on the COR website. They have a list of every restaurant in Toronto. No reason to eat Chumus from a drug store.
Doesn’t make sense to get food from Yorkdale either. That’s more of a hassle then the regular places.
Most food establishments like bagel shops, pizza etc... do Uber eats.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 8:35 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Easiest is to go on the COR website. They have a list of every restaurant in Toronto. No reason to eat Chumus from a drug store.
Doesn’t make sense to get food from Yorkdale either. That’s more of a hassle then the regular places.
Most food establishments like bagel shops, pizza etc... do Uber eats.

no one suggested Yorkdale.

Frenchfry

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 9:16 pm
Yorkdale isn't downtown. And anyway, what kosher food is in Yorkdale? If you can come up to Yorkdale, there are plenty of places within a ten minute drive, but like I said, that's not downtown.

COR website makes most sense to me. I know that there are restaurants that will do uber eats. I used them to years ago when I was in the hospital, but I don't remember which.

Gerbera

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 1:05 am
Frenchfry wrote:
Yorkdale isn't downtown. And anyway, what kosher food is in Yorkdale? If you can come up to Yorkdale, there are plenty of places within a ten minute drive, but like I said, that's not downtown.

COR website makes most sense to me. I know that there are restaurants that will do uber eats. I used them to years ago when I was in the hospital, but I don't remember which.

I don't think that poster took the time to read the post regarding Nordstrom's and assumed I was suggesting it as an idea for food at Yorkdale...when I mentioned it regarding the Eaton Centre location which is why Yorkdale was mentioned. That's where you can find kosher food from PR Creative at Yorkdale if you ever would like!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics