Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me with destination for trip with these conditions
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:42 am
doctorima wrote:
Chicago - Shedd Aquarium, Wrigley Field Cubs game, Millennium Park and the Bean, Zoo (free except parking), Museum of Science and Industry, Museum of Natural History, Sears/Willis Tower

St. Louis - City Museum (ignore the name, not a museum, the coolest place your kids will ever visit - we've gone 3 times because they love it so much and keep wanting to go back!!), Gateway Arch, amazing botanical garden, Anheuser-Busch beer factory tour plus Clydsdales horses

Atlanta - Coke factory tour, wonderful aquarium, CNN studio tour, College Football Hall of Fame, Stone Mountain

For a short and sweet visit, you don't need tons to do, just a few really quality places that they'll love and remember. I'd be inclined to go for St. Louis or Atlanta, especially since transportation and parking will be so much simpler, but they're all good options.

Thank you! Very helpful. I will look into each of these things and see which will be interesting for us and our kids.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:46 am
cbg wrote:
Bar Harbor Maine is beautiful, especially if you like nature. you would need to bring food with you. There is a kosher camping trip in the summer, but I’m not sure when it is.

I will look into this.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:49 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Denver Co- beautiful place to visit. We did airbnb and the accommodations were really nice.

This was actually one of the first options that came up when DH and I discussed it, but the flight is over 4 hours. It feels like too long travel for such a short trip. We'd be spending most of Sunday and most of Tuesday traveling.

How long were you there? What did you do there? Maybe you can still convince me it's worthwhile. Wink

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm bookmarking this thread because of this post. The link is so useful!

Can you please help me, I've bookmarked a couple of different threads and have no idea how to get into the bookmarks.....
TIA

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This was actually one of the first options that came up when DH and I discussed it, but the flight is over 4 hours. It feels like too long travel for such a short trip. We'd be spending most of Sunday and most of Tuesday traveling.

How long were you there? What did you do there? Maybe you can still convince me it's worthwhile. Wink

Oh it is- but we had an eight hour delay so the flight was actually three and a half hours plus plus plus! We went for a different reason and combined it with a week and a half vacation. We visited the denver zoo, cherry creek resevoir, took an interesting cave tour- there was a tough climbing obstacle course and other attractions there, and garden of the gods which has the most awesome scenery and moutains which the children had a great time climbing. Theres lots more to do there

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:59 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Oh it is- but we had an eight hour delay so the flight was actually three and a half hours plus plus plus! We went for a different reason and combined it with a week and a half vacation. We visited the denver zoo, cherry creek resevoir, took an interesting cave tour- there was a tough climbing obstacle course and other attractions there, and garden of the gods which has the most awesome scenery and moutains which the children had a great time climbing. Theres lots more to do there

Denver sounds like it needs a good week, or at minimum Sun-Thurs. We're doing Sun-Tues. I'm afraid it's not a good idea for us right now, though it does sound like an awesome place to visit.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 5:00 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Can you please help me, I've bookmarked a couple of different threads and have no idea how to get into the bookmarks.....
TIA

Click on the "Following" tab on top and you'll have an option that says "Switch to Bookmarks". Click on that, and you'll see them.

debsey

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 5:56 pm
doctorima wrote:
I agree that it's not wise to fly for such a short trip. But if that's your goal, what I would do is you fly with the kids to Boston, and have DH drive and pick you up from the airport to save on rental car cost. Then go to Onset, about an hour from the airport, where there's a minyan.

Try to find a cheap AirBNB within driving distance of the shul, and you can easily spend a couple days there entertaining the kids without spending a penny (other than gas). Take the free (kosher) Cape Cod potato chip factory tour, with free tasting at the end. Drive around and find an empty beach (easy to do) to play in the sand and waves and maybe fly a kite.

You could "splurge" and let them go to one of the many mini golf or go-kart places that are all around the Cape. You could even save money by driving home and not having to pay for a return flight, unless you want them to fly again.
this is a genius idea! I think I'm doing it this summer. Thanks, doctorima
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics