Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bais Yaakov of Boro Park Information
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:34 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Ah- so this is just for the upk age?

Ask them. It sounds like they're trying to get back on track with a Yiddish class.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:38 pm
Amother olive- do you send to bais yaakov? Are you happy?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:39 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Amother olive- do you send to bais yaakov? Are you happy?

BH very happy.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:41 pm
It sounds like they are doing what yeled v'yalda does. And chassidish kids switch to their regular schools for pre1a. If bybp would want a yiddish track they wouldn't make it chassidish havarah. So doubt that's the point. They are continuing their day care program for income eligible to upk too.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:42 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Ask them. It sounds like they're trying to get back on track with a Yiddish class.

They have Yiddish classes throughout the whole preschool.
They stop once they hit first grade. The girls were coming to high school very unprepared because the high schools that their students feed into teach in and focus a lot on the Hebrew. They also were trying to dissuade the Yiddish speaking crowd from registering.

I’m a parent there (middle elementary age) and am thrilled Bh.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:43 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
It sounds like they are doing what yeled v'yalda does. And chassidish kids switch to their regular schools for pre1a. If bybp would want a yiddish track they wouldn't make it chassidish havarah. So doubt that's the point. They are continuing their day care program for income eligible to upk too.

That was very helpful- thanks

Reality

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:47 pm
I believe they are trying to get a yiddish speaking croud back in the school. If they have a preschool class they will continue up through elementary.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:50 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
They have Yiddish classes throughout the whole preschool.
They stop once they hit first grade. The girls were coming to high school very unprepared because the high schools that their students feed into teach in and focus a lot on the Hebrew. They also were trying to dissuade the Yiddish speaking crowd from registering.

I’m a parent there (middle elementary age) and am thrilled Bh.

There is no Yiddish in preschool anymore. I am a current parent of preschool and all ages elementary.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:51 pm
Theyre advertising a yiddish- chassidish upk (hamodia)

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:52 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
There is no Yiddish in preschool anymore. I am a current parent of preschool and all ages elementary.

My niece is in Kindergarten and just received a questionnaire last week asking to choose whether she wants to be in a Yiddish or Hebrew class for next year.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 3:54 pm
Kindergarten certainly has a yiddish class. My child is in one. They don't speak much Yiddish at all. Maybe some songs but thats it. It stops by elementary. I cannot believe they want to encourage the yiddish speaking crowd from joining the school because anyone from chassidish schools or husbands from very chassidish yeshivas are given a run for their money when applying.

Again im nearly positive it's a sort of service so that chassidish kids can have a upk free year. Chassidish schools barely have upk it's very difficult to comply with the regulations.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:07 pm
Its interesting that they dont want a chassidish clientele when most of boro park these says are chassidish as other people are moving out. Also- I thought it was a community school who accepts all frum families?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:11 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Its interesting that they dont want a chassidish clientele when most of boro park these says are chassidish as other people are moving out. Also- I thought it was a community school who accepts all frum families?

It's a privately owned school. They run it like a community school but it is not owned by the community.

Reality

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:15 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

They want to change. They want to get a frum chassiddish crowd.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:22 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

Their question is
If you belong to a certain chassidus that has it’s own school, why do you want your girls in BJBP
And yes they accept everyone after interviews and evaluations

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:31 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
It's a privately owned school. They run it like a community school but it is not owned by the community.

Who owns it?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:31 pm
They’re wary of parents that went to chassidish schools or come from chassidish communities . They’ve had experiences in the past where parents that were looking to “run away “ from their formerly very chassidish lifestyle sent to BY not understanding that it’s a normal frum school and you can’t do whatever you want in terms of tznius, hashkafa etc.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:34 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Who owns it?

There's a conglomerate of owners.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:37 pm
Whats the clientele there these days?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 4:46 pm
Reality wrote:
They want to change. They want to get a frum chassiddish crowd.

How do you know this?
Also how do you know that they are continuing yiddish tracks? I asked mrs tuller this year and she said they are certainly not.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children