Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
11yo dd got period first time
Previous  1  2

turca

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 6:38 pm
I have no idea what my 12 yo girl does at school.... we were once at a production, she grabbed a pad from my purse and walked to the restroom, holding it on her hands.... I wonder she does that at school...

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 7:04 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
NO! That will just make her feel like there's something to be ashamed of, and she'll walk around feeling like she's wearing a diaper.

If anything, she can tuck a pad or two into the top of her tights.

Just so you know, stacking 2 pads in her panties has saved my daughter in school. She was absolutely not ready to carry it any other way

rowo

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 7:38 pm
Has anyone tried those ‘period undies’? I keep seeing them advertised and I’m curious how well they work. They would be great for girls in school if they work well, especially as a back up.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 8:06 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Always overnights. Keeps you clean for 10 hours.

I think this would smell pretty bad after a while...

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:51 am
I got my period at 11 and so did my mom and a couple of my sisters.
She might be one of the first but its totally normal.
Whatever she decides to do, Just tell her that anybody who 'figures it out' is probably right there with her too....

salt

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:03 am
I think it can fall out of a sleeve. And how do you put it up your sleeve. I'd have been too embarassed to take it out my bag and slide it up my sleeve - with all the nerves I'd have probably dropped it on the floor.
Sticking it in her tights is best. I do that nowadays with bedika cloths. It reminds me to do the evening bedika - when I go to the bathroom it falls out and reminds me!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:07 am
I can't imagine walking around ALL day with something in my tights.

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:40 am
rowo wrote:
Has anyone tried those ‘period undies’? I keep seeing them advertised and I’m curious how well they work. They would be great for girls in school if they work well, especially as a back up.

My DD14 wears those with a tampon as a backup. Game changer she said.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:58 am
I don’t understand doubling up pads. Wouldn’t the bottom one rip apart when the adhesive from the top one is pulled off?

It’s so hard on young girls...

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:01 am
If you're comfortable with introducing tampons, a pad+ tampon is a good solution- pull out the tampon when it's full and use the pad that's already there for the rest of the day.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:58 pm
I also got my period at 11. I don't think it's so unusual.

I used to keep it in my briefcase, then stick it up my sleeve when it was time to change it.

I always use overnights in the first two days of my period. You still need to change it midday. Especially when I first got my period. It was pretty heavy the first few months.

The main thing is: this is normal. Everyone needs to deal with it. It's nothing to be embarrassed of.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children