Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Keiravtuni 10 - What is your line?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 8:28 pm
Let's keep the inspiration alive!
Please share - what is your line from the Shabbos?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 10:23 pm
anyone?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:46 am
I'll let you know after I listen to some of what's on TorahAnytime. Give me a day or so ;-D

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:51 am
All I know is that one of the presenters on shalom bayis has some really dysfunctional "advice" so I stayed far away

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:20 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
All I know is that one of the presenters on shalom bayis has some really dysfunctional "advice" so I stayed far away

No wonder my parents were so into it Can't Believe It

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 10:26 am

I don't want to know which speaker you are referring to, but can you please share what the dysfunctional advice is?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 11:01 am

Were you there Ginger?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 12:50 pm

Good for you for being open minded enough for that!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:55 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I don't want to know which speaker you are referring to, but can you please share what the dysfunctional advice is?

I wasnt there this year but have heard lectures by him and a family member was working with him and he was encouraging the abusive husband to do unethical things, things that broke any remaining trust between the couple unfortunately

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:19 pm
I wasnt there this year but have heard lectures by him and a family member was working with him and he was encouraging the abusive husband to do unethical things, things that broke any remaining trust between the couple unfortunately

That's probably because that lecturer doesn't begin to understand abuse.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 11:06 pm
oh my gosh!
I should've alerted in the title that this was for people who were there! I had an amazing experience and just wanted to share the aftereffects with my fellow keiravtuni goers. I guess there aren't any on here....
Instead it got derailed based on one person's family member's experience with one of the speakers that makes the whole convention sound like a misguided thing.
Thanks

Pelli

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 11:14 pm
What was this shabbos all about? Saw clips going around from the setups. Insanely gorgeous!!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:47 am
FW from my sister: Regards from shabbes Keravtanu. Some quick quotes. . What is the differance between a discussion and a fight? One word. Respect. Honest and unconditional respect for the other person s point of view - it makes sense that you think that . . . Just that I personally believe that . . .

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:48 am
What is normal? Normal household. Normal children. ? NORMAL Is a setting in the wash machine. . Every human being is unique.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:49 am
You dont have to brush all your teeth. Only the ones you want to keep. . You dont have to thank Hashem for everything- only for the things you want to keep. . .

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:50 am
The erev shabbos pictures showed it had a set up like the market of a shtetel. WOW!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 10:01 am

What did he/she advice that was bad? I'm asking because my husband was so uncooperative with licensed people and with Rabbis (It was so bad and I and kids were abused mentally and verbally. After years he needed a separation plus medication and a strong desire not break the marriage - I had given up by then but he persisted - at the end I agreed to give a try ). Therapy and mediation alone didn't help a stich.

Can you share more details? Im not trying to judge, just want to hear. And are they still married just very unhappy or they are divorced or someone else has helped better since?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational