Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Article in the Ami (Abt: sealed windows)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:45 pm
Hi,
Did anyone read the article in the Ami about issue with sealed windows ?
http://www.amimagazine.org/201.....ment/
As I was reading I realized that we have same issue with a window in our house.
What did you think of article ? Did anyone have a similar situation ?

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:04 pm
What was the issue

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:10 pm
Read the article . Hard to explain if you didn’t read it .

funmother

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:14 pm
I dont buy ami but you got me real curious can you post the rest of the article

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:15 pm
Cuts off at the end

animeme

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:15 pm
Talk to your Rav. Some people will simply poke a hole all the way through. This creates a way for the shaidim to get out, which is the issue that people worry about and that the story was referencing without spelling it out.

gamanit

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:16 pm
Basically the family was having issues with their child medically every time they were in their own home. When they travelled elsewhere everything was fine. It turned out that although their mezuzahs were okay, their kitchen had a window that was blocked by a cabinet. Once they unblocked the window the medical issue went away.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:16 pm
Lol Smile)the link to the article is in my original post .
Just want to know what others think .

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:20 pm
animeme wrote:
Talk to your Rav. Some people will simply poke a hole all the way through. This creates a way for the shaidim to get out, which is the issue that people worry about and that the story was referencing without spelling it out.

Thank you ! I did talk to the Rav, he said he will get back to me. I was just curious if anyone has ever had anything similar.
I’ve never in my life heard of this idea. When I looked into it, I came across these halachos
https://shulchanaruchharav.com.....ndow/

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:22 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
Lol Smile)the link to the article is in my original post .
Just want to know what others think .

U have to pay to read the whole thing...so what’s the gist?

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:26 pm
I didn’t realize the article cuts off. I don’t know how to post the whole thing.
I took a pic of it
https://I.imgur.com/RbJKemt.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/0ePULxi.jpg

Rappel

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:28 pm
I actually know nothing about the shin daled.

Does anyone actually know the properties of a demon? Anyone? Imasoftov, I'm looking at you.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:32 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
U have to pay to read the whole thing...so what’s the gist?

Sorry didn’t realize it cut off. There is a child that was sick, but she seemed to have improvement out of the house . The mother overheard an idea, a Rav told another family of making sure not to have any windows that are sealed off in the house . Idea being that sheidim, don’t like blocked off access that was available previously?. They checked found sealed window, uncovered it. They were still having issues . Husband traveled to his Rav, in EY who told him there has to be another sealed window. Turns out there was , behind kitchen cabinet. They called a Rav, he told them what to do and the health issues their daughter was having went away
I was shocked cuz I never heard of such a concept. Wanted to know if anyone else has any experience with this .

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:32 pm
No. I did check my mezuzas when a child was sick. They were all fine.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:34 pm
We do have a sealed window in our kitchen.
I found this .
https://shulchanaruchharav.com.....dow/.
I did call a Rav. Just want to know experience of others

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:37 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
Hi,
Did anyone read the article in the Ami about issue with sealed windows ?
http://www.amimagazine.org/201.....ment/
As I was reading I realized that we have same issue with a window in our house.
What did you think of article ? Did anyone have a similar situation ?

I cant read the whole article can you summarize it?

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:53 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I cant read the whole article can you summarize it?

I didn’t realize it was cut off.
Here is summary:. There is a child that was sick, but she seemed to have improvement out of the house . The mother overheard an idea, a Rav told another family of making sure not to have any windows that are sealed off in the house . Idea being that sheidim, don’t like blocked off access that was available previously?. They checked found sealed window, uncovered it. They were still having issues . Husband traveled to his Rav, in EY who told him there has to be another sealed window. Turns out there was , behind kitchen cabinet. They called a Rav, he told them what to do and the health issues their daughter was having went away
I was shocked cuz I never heard of such a concept. Wanted to know if anyone else has any experience with this .

Dina2018

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:30 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
I didn’t realize it was cut off.
Here is summary:. There is a child that was sick, but she seemed to have improvement out of the house . The mother overheard an idea, a Rav told another family of making sure not to have any windows that are sealed off in the house . Idea being that sheidim, don’t like blocked off access that was available previously?. They checked found sealed window, uncovered it. They were still having issues . Husband traveled to his Rav, in EY who told him there has to be another sealed window. Turns out there was , behind kitchen cabinet. They called a Rav, he told them what to do and the health issues their daughter was having went away

I heard from people I know in EY that they were going to buy a house that was unusually cheap. After asking around they were told that there is problem with the house, like its haunted so nobody wants it. They examined the house and found sealed window in the kitchen, so they bought the house and unblocked that window.

blessedjmom

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:34 pm
I think it's something from the Tzavaa of R' Yehudah Hachassid.....

sky

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:44 pm
It applied to closing windows and I think also moving ovens.

My in laws who are not ‘into’ Ayin hara or Kabbalah were told to be careful with this. They closed in a screened porch and made minuscule holes all over - even though there were other new windows in the room. My mother in law got so nervous watching them punch holes in her gorgeous new room.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics