Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Crying wolf?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:27 pm
My 5 yo is a very mature boy.
Last year he kept complaining to me and his Morah that his foot hurt. I took him to the dr, we did blood work, found nothing.
Now he's complaining on and off about his foot and his stomach (saying he's nauseous and needs to use the bathroom). No fever; normal appetite; plays nicely... I will make a dr appointment but I'd like to know if it's possible he's making things up...

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:32 pm
What would bloodwork show regarding a foot? Anyway sure it’s possivle that he’s not being truthful but I personally would believe my kid (but only you know yours)

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:35 pm
Anything is possible, but I would be inclined to believe my child. Why assume he's lying?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:43 pm
He has occasionally "lied" to be able to watch a video (which I allow when a child is sick) or to escape cleaning the playroom Wink he is also pretty dramatic and like I said, mature- so he hears me saying I'm nauseous and perhaps that's why he's saying it...
I called the dr and will take him in, I just find it stressful because the same thing happened year and the dr couldn't find any issues (boruch hashem!) and shlepping to the dr with the kvetch younger sibling is a big pain... whenever I tell him that if he's sick, I need to take him to the dr, he says, "not now. Tomorrow."

gingertop

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:43 pm
Did you do a culture for strep? Some people get strep symptoms in feet, and stomach could definitely be affected.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 1:57 pm
I forgot to add that he complains mostly at quiet times (I.e. Not when we are with cousins for the weekend/doing an exciting activity)

I will have the dr test for strep but last time that's not what it was; the dr was at a loss last time

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 2:07 pm
The nausea could be something he ate. The foot pain could be growing pains.

I would validate his pain, but I’d still send him to school. If he doesn’t express feeling pain when he’s playing and distracted then he will be able to tolerate school (playing) I’m not one to run to the doctor but I definitely believe my kid when she says she has pain

Perhaps clarify that if he’s home sick he won’t be able to watch videos. Let’s see how he feels then
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers