Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Starting to dread looking like a wreck on 3 day Y"T Shavuos
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:46 pm
zaq wrote:
What Green said on page 1. Unless you have a severely disfiguring condition like scars from a car crash or a port wine stain covering half your face, in which case you will almost surely be able to get a heter for heavily concealing makeup, wean yourself off the plaster and paint. How horribly sad that women with normal looks have allowed themselves to be persuaded that there is something wrong with their faces and they are fit to be seen in public only when wearing full camouflage. Get off that merry-go-round, learn to love your face just as it is (I'll bet you anything that your dh does) and taste freedom. Save the paint for special occasions and Purim and you'll never dread three day YT again--at least not because of your looks. Challenges like boredom, overeating, too many guests and non-showering may be harder to solve.

I have read that some husbands of women on this forum like their wives to always wear a face full of makeup so it is not easy for them.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:50 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Why do people who eschew makeup feel the need to belittle people who wear makeup, and state that they would look better without it? Yet they'd certainly be upset if I told them that THEY would look a whole lot better with some concealer, brow gel and mascara?

How terribly sad that women attack other women over such trivial matters.

I love wearing makeup.

There's no lack of freedom in it for me. Its something that I enjoy. I enjoy experimenting with different looks. It makes me happy.

And yes, I'll say it. There is not a woman alive who doesn't look better with the right cosmetics.

If its not for you, enjoy. But enough with the nastiness to women who enjoy makeup.

I agree with everything you wrote except the bolded. Even "natural" looking makeup artfully applied does not look as natural as no makeup. And for truly pretty women, I believe the no makeup look looks better, because it is just them, nothing added, nothing taken away.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I used the wrong word. The rav told me one area under the water at a time. I like to say limbs - 1 hand at a time, etc. Ask your own rav and follow the halachic guidelines that you hold by. I certainly never said that every rabbi holds by showering on YT or shabbat makeup. But it certainly is rude to say that someone's halachic sanctioned guidelines are iffy.

I'm sorry - I didn't mean to be insulting.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:54 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I'm sorry - I didn't mean to be insulting.

No hard feelings Smile

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:56 am
ra_mom wrote:
No hard feelings Smile

Thanks!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:54 am
I agree with everything you wrote except the bolded. Even "natural" looking makeup artfully applied does not look as natural as no makeup. And for truly pretty women, I believe the no makeup look looks better, because it is just them, nothing added, nothing taken away.

Notice how she wrote "with the right cosmetics". She didnt say "with an entire pileup of makeup." I know people who are gorgeous, but their eyelashes are very blonde, and a little swipe of mascara takes them up a notch.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:57 am

Even J Lo, Kendall and Blake Lively look better with makeup...
I've seen many surveys where people were asked to vote on how someone looked best: no makeup, unnoticeable makeup (the no makeup makeup look), or heavy makeup. People overwhelmingly voted for the middle category, the no makeup- makeup look.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:58 am

Well, we'll agree to disagree.

No problem. I don't think that women who don't want to wear makeup should do so. Its their business, not mine.

Just like what I put on my face is my business, not anyone else's.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:18 am
Can someone offer a link to where online, all the 7thdayshine products and colors are clearest?

I was in Lala Lipstick and they dont have a color chart. They have the products and testers but Id like to see all the products and colors as clearly as possible, before I buy.

Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:22 am
https://shabbosbrushups.com/sh.....ders/

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:24 am
Thanks. Is there a step by step video anywhere of a fully made up face?

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Is there a step by step video anywhere of a fully made up face?

Eyeliner powder first using this mini brush.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1
You also need to buy the brush ups eye shield otherwise the black powder falls down on your face while applying the eye liner powder.

Then you use the powdered blush. Get such an applicator that has a brush attached to the shabbos blush container.
https://shabbosbrushups.com/sh.....keup/

Then use face powder in any area where blush wasn't applied.

Then roll on your powder lipstick from the roller.

turca

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:43 pm
I would dread not removing makeup properly. Do you know what that does to your skin, ladies?
(I’m Syrian and I do shower on Yom Tov, but I wouldn’t be able to properly remove makeup. So I’m just aiming for a good moisturizer and lipstick )

salamanca

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Shower, 1 limb at a time under the water, with liquid soap.

When you say liquid soap, do you mean dishwashing liquid or something else?
Thanks!

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:46 pm
smileforamile wrote:
I've so given up with this. My makeup doesn't even last through Friday night anymore. It used to still look decent on day 2 of a 3-day Yom Tov.

I'm considering not wearing any makeup at all. I'd rather not have the gross feeling from makeup that came off. I'll probably end up wearing makeup just for my own vanity, but it's hard to see it disappear.

I've tried so many different things. None work.

That's what I do. I put on mascara and that's it. I put more emphasis on accessories. I don't think makeup that lasts for 3 days is very good for the skin...

happyone

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need fresh makeup, its bad enough on Shabbos when I cant put on makeup, but some lasts from Friday.

riçh girl problems .

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 11:04 pm
salamanca wrote:
When you say liquid soap, do you mean dishwashing liquid or something else?
Thanks!

I use baby soap with a pump since that's the liquid body soap we have. Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 11:42 pm
happyone wrote:
riçh girl problems .

Not necessarily. Sometimes the poorer you are the more you care about your appearance. No constant redecorating projects, and running on vacations, busy social calendar, etc.

Looking good is a little luxury you can afford.

EmpireState

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:42 am
I always thought (and maybe I'm wrong) that you can't wash your makeup off on Shabbat (and YT)- so if you're supposed to apply the makeup on Shabbat/YT on a clean face, how are you doing that? Hope my question is clear.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:44 am
EmpireState wrote:
I always thought (and maybe I'm wrong) that you can't wash your makeup off on Shabbat (and YT)- so if you're supposed to apply the makeup on Shabbat/YT on a clean face, how are you doing that? Hope my question is clear.

Why can't you wash it off? I believe this is incorrect. I mean, I'm sure certain products are problematic to use. But washing is fine.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics