Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I feel FAT ~ nothing fits

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:44 pm
Yes. I feel fat. I shouldn't feel so fat because I lost 75 pounds. Ironically my mother thought I was fat until I showed her that I have no clothing because everything is falling down without being able to even stay upon my hips. That means perhaps I am not as fat as I used to be. Yet the regular clothing in the store is too small. The large department is too big. So now I still feel ugly.

Usually I stay away from discussing weight since it's a very hard personal thing to do. It makes me so nervous that I want to eat. Feels embarrassing to say "oh I lost weight" like what if I gain it back?!

To make matters worse, my skin is just wrinkly and sagging. Oy why can't I just be tall blonde & beautiful........

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:46 pm
Pardon my asking, where does naked and afraid come in here?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:48 pm
Not sure if you are being fitted correctly. They bottom end of the large sizes overlap with the top end of regular sizes. It may be an issue with respect to your body type.

I gave gone back and forth between between both regrettably.

Try a 14W or a 12W.

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:52 pm
I want say congratulations on losing so much weight. It is not easy and you should be incredibly proud of yourself.
To me you sound beautiful and strong.

Last edited by BatyaEsther on Thu, May 16 2019, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:52 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Pardon my asking, where does naked and afraid come in here?

Oh I have no clothing that fits & I'm afraid to gain weight. Two separate issues really.

Previously I had a different title. "I feel FAT & have nothing to wear." Ironic since I lost weight.

Should I change the title back? lol

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
It may be an issue with respect to your body type.

Yes. I have a weird body.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 3:59 pm
Now that you lost the weight you may choose to have your skin toned with ultrasound. It costs lots of $$$ which is why I never did it. If you can afford it then speak to your dermatologist.

https://www.americanboardcosme.....tion/

momof2+?

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 10:36 pm
This post makes me sad. You should feel proud that you lost 75 lb! That is AMAZING and shows that you are a determined and hard working person! All your effort is paying off!

Don't let other people get you down. YOU know that you are inches thinner and that the weight loss is working. You are looking better (I know, not as better as you hope,) and you are healthier. This accomplishment should boost your confidence. Good for you for getting this far!

Now we (you?) Have to find some clothing that fits your present body size and helps you feel good about yourself. Hanging clothing is a shame when you are working so hard and want to see results. Do you have any idea what size you are?

Regarding the loose skin, I don't have experience, but perhaps you can wear a (not too restricting) spanx to 'hold everything together'.

Hatzlacha!!! And feel good!!!

amother
Olive

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 8:46 am
Do you have a good friend or sister to go shopping with you? If you would make a summer capsule wardrobe challenge, and take a friend along on some shopping trips to hunt for the right skirts and tops to mix and match, that really compliment your figure, I think it would do wonders for your self image! Budget some money and get a friend who's hood at style to help you as a reward for losing so much weight! Wish I could go along and help you, it would be so fun!!

cbg

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 7:09 am
You may need to invest in a good seamstress, especially if your like me on the shorter side.
Few clothes look good on me, but those that do look AMAZING.

Buy something that you absolutely LOVE, and have the seamstress take it in.

Weight wise you’ll get there, and just know you are sooooooo much healthier and you’ll be around longer.

modoxmommy

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 12:54 am
If you are short and curvy (bug bust and hip area) It is very hard to find suitable clothing. Since the large sizes don't fit, and that small sizes don't lay out right. I usually purchase size 12 or 14 and get everything tailored.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 12:59 am
I feel your pain. I think part of it is that before you had little choice and being on the cusp on two worlds it’s hard to see what you can actually fit into. I have one store I love for nice clothing. They have a plus line and a regular line. I but what fits and suits me. I can go through thirty outfits before I find but there are many body types and not all made for me, regardless of size.

For me, I find that dresses work better because the most they can do is hang on me rather than fall off lol.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:54 am
OP, are you following? How have you been since starting the thread?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise