Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Designing kitchen - 'cool' ideas.
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 2:04 pm
We are IYh designing our kitchen and I'm looking for cool ideas of functions or things that are useful that most ppl don't think of. Any good ideas?
Also, any bright ideas for bottom corner cabinets?
And if u have a peninsula, do u use half for storage/counter space and half for eating? Is it a practical kitchen eat in area, or do u suggest a regular table?
So many questions Smile
Thanks!

aussie2

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 2:19 pm
pot filler faucet (faucet over your gas range to help you fill up big pots more easily)

They have s/t in israel that I haven't really seen in the u.s.- cabinets above the sink which are really draining racks. You can put your washed dishes in there to drip dry into the sink. I wish I had this now!

Many ppl enjoy enclosed garbages.

singleagain

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 2:43 pm
If you have little helpers consider building in a stepping stool under the cabinets by the sink

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 2:57 pm
aussie2 wrote:
pot filler faucet (faucet over your gas range to help you fill up big pots more easily)

They have s/t in israel that I haven't really seen in the u.s.- cabinets above the sink which are really draining racks. You can put your washed dishes in there to drip dry into the sink. I wish I had this now!

My mothers friend did the draining rack cabinet and also had her granite counters have a lip around the edges so that she could squeegee them. She got these ideas in Israel and implemented them into her kitchen in Boro Park. It's pretty cool.

I like the idea of an appliance garage

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:13 pm
aussie2 wrote:

I have a dish draining rack similar to this, except we mounted our rack between cabinets, not inside them: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....dp_it

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:21 pm
Love these ideas! Keep em coming. Thanks so much!
The dish drain I'm doing for at least 1 sink.
Love the step stool idea. It folds in to a cabinet? How does it work exactly?

singleagain

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Love these ideas! Keep em coming. Thanks so much!
The dish drain I'm doing for at least 1 sink.
Love the step stool idea. It folds in to a cabinet? How does it work exactly?

Something like this

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:25 pm
singleagain wrote:
Something like this

Can't open the link?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:25 pm
Oh, now I see it. So cool!! Thanks!!

singleagain

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can't open the link?

I posted the wrong link first.. Can you see it now..

It's like a drawer under the cabinets that's solid wood so it slides in and out but is sturdy to stand on

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:33 pm
singleagain wrote:
I posted the wrong link first.. Can you see it now..

It's like a drawer under the cabinets that's solid wood so it slides in and out but is sturdy to stand on

Yes thank u. Love it. Never saw such a thing. Will definitely inquire about it.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 4:39 pm
I haven't seen this anywhere, but I've been dreaming of cabinets that the shelf can roll down, so I can keep heavy appliances within easy reach without taking up counter space

For corner cabinets, you can get roll out shelves. There are also shelves that turn.
You can leave a hole in the counter on top, and use that cabinet for a garbage can.

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 5:10 pm
If you have a dishwasher you can use that for your draining rack. My corner cabinets have built in large double lazy susans. Request a hole in the counter near the sinks for soap pump. I didn’t think of it and wish I had.
I did my bottom cabinets all drawers, more convenient than cabinets.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 5:17 pm
The full link to the article with that step stool is here, some great ideas: https://www.qualitybath.com/di.....stool
And I’ll add in a shameless plug; I work for Quality Bath (just an employee). If you’re redoing a kitchen you should call the Sales team for ideas and help. They are knowledgeable, can help with design as well as function, and will go out of their way to help. We also have the best prices anywhere Smile

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 5:32 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
The full link to the article with that step stool is here, some great ideas: https://www.qualitybath.com/di.....stool
And I’ll add in a shameless plug; I work for Quality Bath (just an employee). If you’re redoing a kitchen you should call the Sales team for ideas and help. They are knowledgeable, can help with design as well as function, and will go out of their way to help. We also have the best prices anywhere Smile

Hi QB employee Hi I'm the blogger who wrote that post. Nice to see you Wink

I've been working for QB for almost 6 years and have picked up a lot of dream additions for my kitchen!

amother" [ Ruby ] wrote:
haven't seen this anywhere, but 've been dreaming of cabinets that the shelf can roll down, so can keep heavy appliances within easy reach without taking up counter space

That's called an appliance garage. It's actually pretty dated now but very handy.

For corner cabinets, you can have a lazy Susan that's made for corner cabinets - I believe mine are called "super Susans" or something to that effect.

I also really want toe kick stepstools! But I don't like pot fillers, I think they're kind of pointless (unless you make a lot of soups). There's always a risk of leakage and you don't want that over your stove. (Another QB post: https://www.qualitybath.com/di.....llers)

I don't like the garbage can cabinets either, especially if you're short on space. They get pretty gross inside and on the tracks, and they can be hard to clean.

My must-haves: an instant hot water faucet, built-in soap dispensers, garbage disposals (in every sink, if you have more than one), huge sinks, and sink grids that fit the sink perfectly (many manufacturers sell grids, AKA sink protectors, that are made for specific sinks - they can be expensive, but for me, they're worth it). Also, cutlery dividers that are designed to fit the drawers.

I'd also like to put in something like this, just with a magnetic markerboard inside or on the door: https://www.houzz.com/photos/k.....87370

I'll see if I can think of anything else awesome that I've come across Very Happy

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:46 pm
More cool stuff:

Broom niche built into wall. This is a kitchen I designed: https://www.houzz.com/photos/o.....41204

Vac pan, sweep into it and you don't need a dustpan: https://smile.amazon.com/Sweep.....=8-13

Never Empty soap dispenser, connects to your built-in counter soap dispenser: https://smile.amazon.com/Never.....RTCPZ

I agree with the above poster about pot fillers and garbage cabinets.

Blessed4

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 7:05 pm
Love the vacuum under counter idea! Always wished for this. Anyone has it without a central vac system?

sky

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 8:10 pm
Blessed4 wrote:
Love the vacuum under counter idea! Always wished for this. Anyone has it without a central vac system?

The one linked above has a bag. It isn’t centra. It’s genius.

queene

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 8:23 pm
For easy reach corner cabinet storage

https://www.build.com/rev-a-sh.....45245!c1045395035!a54173998747!dm!ng&gclid=CjwKCAjw5pPnBRBJEiwAULZKvrFiAff9EbNbROBlKyeMy_JgmCcnR90Wl9_cYNjq56QmqOIvRXcA5BoCy2IQAvD_BwE

Rev - A - Shelf has lots of great cabinet storage ideas.

Layla2

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:00 pm
If ur not tight with space, focus on bottom cabinets (of course drawers, lots of them, big ones for pots...). Open shelves for the top are very popular... and pull out spice racks!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen